Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level.

umm...

you do understand we BEAT San Francisco, right?

Laughing

now i say we leave Peterson in for the whole game and he gets 500+. hmmph!

I think instead of spending so much time posting on here, you should spend more on your reading comprehension...

Laughing

I said San Fransisco's Offensive line is on another level in comparison to the Vikings... but go ahead and twist it the way you'd like.

jeez man, it was a JOKE. lighten up.

i know just what you were saying about o-lines.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level. There the only OL in tier 1 far from tier 2 IMO. And comparing our DLine rotation to the Bucs is pretty silly, it's not even close.

The 49ers do have a beastly line, I wont argue that. But the Vikings do have a much better RB than the 49ers do. The difference between the Oline this year and the Oline the past few years is about .5 yard per carry for Peterson. That is huge. The 49ers no doubt have the best run blocking line in the league, but you have to atleast put the Vikings in the top 3 or 4 at this point. Peterson wouldnt be as brilliant as he is this year without some of the big lanes he has been getting. Peterson leads the league in 20+ runs and 40+ runs if i remember correctly. No doubt Peterson's break away ability is second to none, but in previous years those lanes just wouldnt develop as often in years past.

The Bears may have a deep DL rotation, but they have given up 4.2 per carry. not bad at all, but the Bucs are at 3.4. The Bucs actually have a very underrated and top notch run defense this year. Significantly better than the Bears.

Oh I'm not disputing you guys have a better RB, AP has killed the Bears D more times than any RB in the league currently. But im not just talking in run blocking, SF in pass pro seemed impecable. I struggle to see the Vikes having the pass protection that Kaep had in SF.

And I'm not buying into those #'s... Chris Johnson had an 81 yard TD run against our 3rd stringers. We've pulled Pep, Urlacher & Co. against Ten, Jack, Indy...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it’s important to point out that of the 49ers 121 yards on the ground only 45 yards came in the 2nd half…the Bears D adjusted to their offence…hence the reason the 2nd half wasn’t a total embarrassment…if only the offence could adjust so quickly lol…I’ve already stated that as good as AP is I don’t think he can do enough to win this on his own as Ponder doesn’t scare me in the slightest.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not implying that the Bears have a bad run defense, they have struggled in recent weeks. Basically, my point is it doesnt matter how good a team's run defense is when they face the Vikings. Peterson is simply a machine and his run blocking has been exceptional this year and the number probably show they are atleast a top 5 run blocking line. I am confident on the Vikings running on any team in the league.

Pass protection, specifically at OG has been an issue. The OTs have been superb but MN does give up pressure up the middle, which causes Ponder to hurry throws or not step into them and when he is off, he cant be horribly off. That is my issue in regards to the Vikes pass protection, that is an area the Bears need to exploit.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is much improved over last season. He looked like a raw rookie last year. He looks like he understands what he sees this year. Does that mean they win? The Bears Tampa2 is full of confusion for young QB's. Will Frazier and Singletary have it decoded for him?

Chess game, Smith-Tice-Marinelli vs. Frazier-Musgrave-Singletary.

Is Robbie Gould over the yips?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen vs Webb.....this should be fun Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Jared Allen vs Webb.....this should be fun Laughing

Brian Robison (LE; 5.5 sacks) and Everson Griffen (nickel DT; 4 sacks) can also get after the QB effectively.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this as a must win for the Bears if they have any playoff hopes. I see the key on offense as the same regardless of who our QB is - we can't let Jared Allen beat us. Double him every single play. If Robison and Griffin beat us then so be it but we can't NOT do everything we can to slow down Jared Allen IMO. I think our defense will give us a chance to win, but if we can't at least somewhat neutralize him then that won't matter. Especially if Jay can't go.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 things going for the Bears in this game.

Traditionally after a blow out loss they come back and play a very good game regardless of opponent.

If Lovie loses this he could be out of a job at the end of the year. And Lovie is nothing if not a survivor.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
There are 2 things going for the Bears in this game.

Traditionally after a blow out loss they come back and play a very good game regardless of opponent.

If Lovie loses this he could be out of a job at the end of the year. And Lovie is nothing if not a survivor.

Either way I want Lovie out of town win or loss. Tice should be taking care of the Line and let Bates do the play calling. Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Lovie loses this game we could go on a long losing streak with Seattle, Minnesota and Green Bay coming up.

If we don't beat Minnesota at home this could snowball into a 6 game losing streak and I think that would be it for Lovie.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I Lovie loses this game we could go on a long losing streak with Seattle, Minnesota and Green Bay coming up.

If we don't beat Minnesota at home this could snowball into a 6 game losing streak and I think that would be it for Lovie.

I completely agree that going from 7-1 to out of the playoffs, short of a crazy rash of injuries, and Lovie will be gone. Not even sure injuries would save him in that scenario to be honest.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think

Brad Childress might be looking for work soon, that would be worse if he came to the Bears...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I completely agree that going from 7-1 to out of the playoffs, short of a crazy rash of injuries, and Lovie will be gone. Not even sure injuries would save him in that scenario to be honest.

I honestly think that Emery will need reasons not to fire Lovie and not reasons to fire him.

From 7-1 to even 10-6 with a wild card exit from the playoffs should get him FIRED.

To be honest I am done with Lovie I just hate how we are never really a true contender. Always 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6 with no signature wins against really good teams.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin will not play Sunday vs. Chicago due to his ankle injury.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
As expected, #Bears QB Jay Cutler passes all concussion protocol and will start Sunday vs. Vikings, per @JasonLaCanfora.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: