Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we can’t afford?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we can't afford?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move over PE, there's a new PE in town! And his name is Meco...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Move over PE, there's a new PE in town! And his name is Meco...

Oof.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is a bum.
I was glad when he went out with that ovarian cyst or whatever it was.

Nice block by Damaris Johnson on Brown's 65 yard run.
It's the kind of thing Jackson would never do.
Jackson is better at turning his back to the play and meandering when the QB is in trouble.
Oh, and falling down.

He reminds me so much of Harold Jackson it is not funny.
Bum.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is the softest player in the league. He has two plays and the entire league got hip to it real quick. Hes a really good dancer but a average to poor football player and very average receiver. He brings nothing to the table outside of go deep just go go dog go and go go go ..umm some stupid end around things.. and a blue moon return... who cares

Demarious Johnson looks like a tough kid... give him a few extra bucks.. cut Jackson and i bet the team overall is much much much better off..

Guys like Jackson bring every one down.. If you look over and DeSean Jackson is making sooo much more money then you and you know in your heart hes the softest player in the league and hates the contact of a contact sport and yeah your going to not be so excited to go get laid out either... $$$$$= locker room head.. if guys get paid what they dont deserve it create emotional distress and mild head games pick up and next second no one really cares cause they feel you can get just as reward for not trying or truly caring..

PATHETIC.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Jackson is the softest player in the league. He has two plays and the entire league got hip to it real quick. Hes a really good dancer but a average to poor football player and very average receiver. He brings nothing to the table outside of go deep just go go dog go and go go go ..umm some stupid end around things.. and a blue moon return... who cares

Demarious Johnson looks like a tough kid... give him a few extra bucks.. cut Jackson and i bet the team overall is much much much better off..

Guys like Jackson bring every one down.. If you look over and DeSean Jackson is making sooo much more money then you and you know in your heart hes the softest player in the league and hates the contact of a contact sport and yeah your going to not be so excited to go get laid out either... $$$$$= locker room head.. if guys get paid what they dont deserve it create emotional distress and mild head games pick up and next second no one really cares cause they feel you can get just as reward for not trying or truly caring..

PATHETIC.

You know it's bad when B60 is turning on Desean Jackson!

But you're right, he just ain't tough enough.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got slammed into the turf by a 245 pound linebacker on a reverse because thats the only way Nick Foles can get him the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Jackson is a bum.
I was glad when he went out with that ovarian cyst or whatever it was

Laughing

excellent. i too, am more than done with this a-hole

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped taking Djax seriously when I saw the pic this past offseason lifting weights with this chain on!

New check, new chain.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desean is a diva and everyone knows it. He is like 5'10 and like not even 200 pounds but a top 3 fastest in the league. If I was in his body I'd be scared to take a hit also. But with a proper #1 who is a bigger bodied WR, he'd be much more successful. Having him playing, besides the antics actually help the rest of the offense.
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't long before DeSean was put back on the cuttin board.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Haha, I wasn't going to keep this debate going but since BLick hurt my ego I'll jump back in Laughing

It would appear that Phire believes these things:
1. Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson are largely responsible for red-zone issues
2. Keeping Jackson and Maclin is counterproductive and while they can coexist, he doesn't think they should because it isn't a good combination.
3. Receivers play a big role in winning and losing games

And that is where we're disagreeing.

I blame red-zone inefficiency on play calling and a scattershot QB who can't zip balls into tight windows and throw people open when the field gets shorter. There are plenty of small receivers who haven't been an albatross on the neck of their teams in the red-zone. Get a decent QB who can operate with precision and you'll see the receiver play improve in the red-zone as well.

And I don't know why you're saying that Jeremy Maclin doesn't produce in the red-zone, thats just factually wrong. He's got 12 red-zone TDs the last 3 seasons.

DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin haven't been very productive this season and it appears to me that Phire is stuck on that. Prior to this season they were a perfectly fine receiving duo for three seasons. They do not need improving because they've shown they can be effective in the past, there are bigger holes to fill and receivers aren't key to winning games, they're hood ornaments, accessories. Receivers are not essential to winning games and on top of that Maclin and Jackson have shown that they can coexist and that they can coexist well when they have a competent supporting cast.

There are better receivers out there but we do not need them. There are bigger holes to fill at QB and along the offensive line that more closely correlate with the win column more than wide receivers do. And on top of having more important holes to fill, WR play is directly tied to OL and QB play so if you fill those holes you'll see the wide receiver play improve as well.

Our problems are at QB and OL, not WR.

Play calling is definitely a factor but our red zone offense has been bad for years even with McNabb because we've never had a reliable target. Outside the year with TO there was no one you could just lob the football up to. Andy has always reverted to gimmicky plays in the red zone to score (see that pro-formation shovel pass that every team finally knows to expect). Desean Jackson isn't going to beat any CB across his face on a slant because they sure as hell aren't going to respect him running a fade. The only fade I've seen run in all my years watching was the one to Riley Cooper a few weeks back, that is sad. While many fans don't like the fade route the fact is, it opens up the slant because a CB can't just sit on that.

I find it funny you don't let Vick off the hook for horrible o-line play but you seem to do it for these WRs. Vick isn't nearly as bad as he looked this season. I don't know whether or not you can win a SB with him but he is an above average NFL QB. I do know that Maclin and Jackson aren't ideal WRs for Vick because there isn't a lot of room for error with either of these guys. So parting ways with him might be the way to go despite the fact we have no answer behind him.

All in all, the Eagles have no short fix. We have a few bright spots here and there, and hopefully we will clean house no more finesse/gimmicky o-line/d-line, no more BS play calling, etc. But this team is going to take a while to rebuild. I'm not sold on Foles at all and we just need help in so many areas it is unfathomable to see this team competing anytime soon.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope we grab a 6'3+ guy to compliment DeSean, I think it's the best way to improve our Red Zone Offense, beside new HC/OC and new QB.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hope we grab a 6'3+ guy to compliment DeSean, I think it's the best way to improve our Red Zone Offense, beside new HC/OC and new QB.
Riley Cooper is already on the roster, thank you very much.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Riley Cooper is already on the roster, thank you very much.

Now we need a QB to throw him the ball. He was open a few times in the redzone.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desean is a punk. Those Carolina defenders came in with intentions of doing him harm and telling him that to his face after doing so. Desean checked out early like a coward...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: