Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we canít afford?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we can't afford?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
That's what the Eagles basically face EVERY game. Vick is basically the only QB in the league who can still make that Eagles team competitive despite that adversity

Laughing ok Marcus Vick...

Since we have been so competitive with him?

No Shady McCoy makes us competitive despite adversity. Vick just complicates things worst.

At least Foles can stay on his feet and doesnt play the quarterback position like Vick who seems to be doing his best Jackie Chan Drunken Master Kung Fu Impersonation.. just stumbling all over the place and falling on top of some one with some one falling on top of him lol..

*pretty much Vick.. on his back and actin like hes drunk*

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
No, he is one of our core players, and his contract really isn't that bad. I find it funny some of you guys talk crap on him and/or Maclin for disappearing but then want Dwayne Bowe btw. He disappears more than anyone, and drops very easy passes. You just see the big body and the highlights and think "that's what we need!"

The problem is we don't have a QB who can get him the ball and we don't have a coaching staff using him correctly.

There is no such thing as a "core player" when the coach gets fired. If the player is an absolute super star then of course the next regime would want to retain him. But Desean is no super star NFL player, he just makes super star plays every now and then.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
No, he is one of our core players, and his contract really isn't that bad. I find it funny some of you guys talk crap on him and/or Maclin for disappearing but then want Dwayne Bowe btw. He disappears more than anyone, and drops very easy passes. You just see the big body and the highlights and think "that's what we need!"

The problem is we don't have a QB who can get him the ball and we don't have a coaching staff using him correctly.

There is no such thing as a "core player" when the coach gets fired. If the player is an absolute super star then of course the next regime would want to retain him. But Desean is no super star NFL player, he just makes super star plays every now and then.

this is the truth of it!

I dont think 20 or so coaches or teams would even put up with DeSeans garbage and out of control softness. Hes lucky to be starting let alone on a team.

He could find him self gone from this team next year and with few places to go. Which i think is the case for a lot of Reids players who are only Andy guys not really NFL guys.

He needs a Mike Singletary Vernon Davis Relationship... he needs a Mans man who knows and understands kids like DeSean.. and straigten him the hell out! call him out... make him understand... show him the true nature of his talent and how to utilize it.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean would land somewhere else pretty easily. He is a great punt returner and a respected deep threat.

Don't kid yourself b60.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
That's what the Eagles basically face EVERY game. Vick is basically the only QB in the league who can still make that Eagles team competitive despite that adversity

Laughing ok Marcus Vick...

Since we have been so competitive with him?

No Shady McCoy makes us competitive despite adversity. Vick just complicates things worst.

At least Foles can stay on his feet and doesnt play the quarterback position like Vick who seems to be doing his best Jackie Chan Drunken Master Kung Fu Impersonation.. just stumbling all over the place and falling on top of some one with some one falling on top of him lol..

*pretty much Vick.. on his back and actin like hes drunk*

Foles has only been taking those hits for 6 quarters. Vick had to endure those hits for 54 quarters. Hardly the same sample size

And again it's more than just surviving the game it's having a chance to be productive in a game, which no QB even the elite ones have been able to do without consistent protection

That's because great QBs even though they have accuracy, anticipation, leadership, etc. None of those qualities can you get a chance to display if you have an average second or less to throw the ball
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
I swear to godÖ†If I listened to you people we'd start the roster from scratch next season. DeSean Jackson compared to Dante Hall and Devin Hester?! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?! We can't afford DeSean? Yeah, who can afford the best deep ball threat in the league, we sure can't. We can't afford a wide receiver who manipulates and affects the way opposing secondaries play us. Nope.

Easy there, no need to get emotional about it. It is only one possible outcome. I presume you just read the title and went off in a huff. Read and then come back with some reasoned comments.

There are no reasoned comments in this thread. DeSean is a gimmick? He's just an x-factor? He can only run two routes? He's just fast? He's just like Devin Hester? He's small so we can't afford him? He's soft and overrated. I KNOW, LETS REPLACE HIM WITH RYAN SWOPE! That's just stupidity. No other way around it. Sorry. I can't even put into words how dumb this is. First Avant, then Maclin and now DeSean? #Facepalm

Bad fans. Bad, bad fans.

I happen to have several comments in this thread. Please point out to me which were not reasoned.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I think that it's time to expose him once the new coaching staff comes in. Make him run routes over the middle and alligator arm the ball if necessary. This way he is exposed. Reid protects his soft WRs. The next coach shouldn't.

Brilliant. Lets have our next coaching staff come in and misuse the talent we have. Genius.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
I happen to have several comments in this thread. Please point out to me which were not reasoned.

Alright. Laughing

eaglefan#1 wrote:
DeSean Jackson is soft and overrated. Same as Maclin.

willy_law wrote:
Jackson isn't a true #1 but we require him to act like one, get a WR that is bigger or a true #1 and I think you will see Jackson play better

Ryan Swope.

Phire wrote:
We can't afford to have both Jackson and Maclin.

Trade Maclin and get someone else. Start Cooper across Jackson until we do.

Hockey5djh wrote:
DeSean is a great weapon, #1 receiver he is not. DeSean is SEVERLY underutilized in the return game by Andy Reid. I think that putting Damaris Johnson back there instead of Jackson for returns is dumb considering Jackson made his probowls/money in the return game, not necessarily as a WR.

I compare Jackson to Josh Cribbs, Devin Hester, and Dante Hall. All above average return men but when put at WR they are considered below average. DeSean excels at go routes (speed) and end arounds (speed) and has that X factor quality but as a #1 WR I don't think he cuts the cheese.

We need someone that is capable of drawing the double team with the size and skill to be a true #1 for DeSean's one-trick pony style of play to work.

BLick12 wrote:
Just cut him, he sucks.

BLick12 wrote:

No, the problem is he doesn't get open against a decent cornerback. He is virtually useless in any jump ball scenario and doesn't fight back for anything. Dwayne Bowe disappears because he has Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn as his QBs and no other receivers to help him out. Dwayne Bowe is like a TO lite, McNabb would've killed it with him and he gives great effort after he makes the catch. I would trade both Maclin and Jackson straight up for Bowe.

marky_b27 wrote:
It's not about the money, it's about the fact that a cynic could call him a gimmick.

marky_b27 wrote:

Eddie Royal can go over the middle.

Jackson has a sick note preventing him

Laughing

Done.
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont blame Marky for asking the question, he was just trying to see if we can improve our team in the long run.

I dont think cutting Jackson would help us, He's a damn good player and he has earned his spot as a solid starter. In his five seasons with the team. He is on pace to have 5,000 receiving yards.

He has the potential to be arguable a Top 3 number 2 receiver, because no matter how many of you dispute it. He does dictate coverage a certain way, he may not demand double teams at all times but no DC is dumb enough to leave Desean one on one with their CB because they know he will make them pay.

People bash Jackson and Maclin but want PERCY HARVIN? Harvin is a good player but he isnt better than Desean or Jeremy.

I was against getting rid of either of our receivers but IF we have the opportunity to grab a top tier free agent like Jennings(GB will sign him),Bowe(KC will give him a big offer) or Mike Wallace. That would be the only time I would be content with us letting one of our receivers go and even then it would be Maclin not Jackson.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
DeSean would land somewhere else pretty easily. He is a great punt returner and a respected deep threat.

Don't kid yourself b60.

No body in the NFL really likes a quitter or a softy... That 3rd ad 2 and go out of bounds is like a represents why no one would want to play with him..

If hes just returning punts and takes 5 or so deep shots a game but never sees the field other then that is different but lot of coaches would want him to play all special teams including returning kick and covering kicks...to make him a intricate part of your team is a joke... as he has only 2 tricks.. return punt for dance celebration or huge deep play ball to dance celebration... nothing else.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Don't kid yourself b60.

No body in the NFL really likes a quitter or a softy... That 3rd ad 2 and go out of bounds is like a represents why no one would want to play with him..

If hes just returning punts and takes 5 or so deep shots a game but never sees the field other then that is different but lot of coaches would want him to play all special teams including returning kick and covering kicks...to make him a intricate part of your team is a joke... as he has only 2 tricks.. return punt for dance celebration or huge deep play ball to dance celebration... nothing else.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Don't kid yourself b60.

I never said he wasn't a complimentary piece, in fact I have been on here before saying that. I think DeSean is a compliment to an offense that has an established wide receiver threat on the other side.

But you are trying to make it seem like he will be out of work if he gets cut. He wouldnt be at waffle house just yet.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is being in favor of trading Maclin to have someone more diverse across from Jackson "not reasoned"?

It makes no sense to have both Maclin and Jackson on the same team. Have one or the other, but not both. Neither plays well against the press and neither are going to break any tackles or legitimately go across the middle unless they are wide open.

Both guys would benefit from having a more physically imposing wide out opposite of them. Both guys are better working in space.

Having both Maclin and Jackson on the team and paying them starter money excludes us from improving the position as well, which is something I don't want to see.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Don't kid yourself b60.

I never said he wasn't a complimentary piece, in fact I have been on here before saying that. I think DeSean is a compliment to an offense that has an established wide receiver threat on the other side.

But you are trying to make it seem like he will be out of work if he gets cut. He wouldnt be at waffle house just yet.

noooo he would find work quickly but i think a lot of teams would said no just based on his personality and it would get a rude awakening for him...

Andy Reid is doing a fine job concealing how much of a pain in the butt this kid is.

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I swear to godÖ†If I listened to you people we'd start the roster from scratch next season. DeSean Jackson compared to Dante Hall and Devin Hester?! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?! We can't afford DeSean? Yeah, who can afford the best deep ball threat in the league, we sure can't. We can't afford a wide receiver who manipulates and affects the way opposing secondaries play us. Nope.

We can afford him and we should keep him around because he is an explosive player that you have to plan around, I personally believe he is being wasted not being in the return game on a regular basis. That said he is a #1 WR because of opportunity, not because of substance IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: