Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we canít afford?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we can't afford?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's reasonable to criticize Jackson. We have a soft team, nobody wants to hit anybody. Jackson is a part of that.

Just last week Jackson opted to go out of bounds instead of fighting for the first down which was 2 yards away. You can get that falling down. He just went out of bounds and made a 3rd and 2 situation when he probably could have gotten the 1st down.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I think it's reasonable to criticize Jackson. We have a soft team, nobody wants to hit anybody. Jackson is a part of that.

Just last week Jackson opted to go out of bounds instead of fighting for the first down which was 2 yards away. You can get that falling down. He just went out of bounds and made a 3rd and 2 situation when he probably could have gotten the 1st down.

I don't think anybody can deny that DeSean has some very cowardly moments on the field. He does duck out of bounds a lot but I think we need to take all things into consideration here. DeSean Jackson is 5'10" and 175 pounds soaking wet and he's had two concussions. He's not the sort of player to physically fight for yards and he never has been and quite frankly I think that's for the best because the last thing we need is for our most dynamic passing weapon getting hurt. And there are plenty of soft receivers, Marvin Harrison in particular was soft as all hell. Marvin Harrison ducked out of bounds CONSTANTLY.

Just because he's soft doesn't mean we should be shipping him out. He's a huge asset to our offense and trading him because he doesn't fit in someone's convoluted, subjective expectations of a wide receiver is beyond dumb. He's a dynamic game changing WR who affects the way other teams play us and he has shown he can turn games around very quickly. You don't cut talent like DeSean Jackson. You just don't. Nor do you trade them away.

And remember all those times we've turned the ball over and DeSean was the one to chase the defender down and tackle them and sometimes force a fumble? Yeah, lets not throw him completely under the Charmin bus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
I'm talking about everyone, not just you. Are you even reading the responses in your own thread?

Yes.

You came in here, attacked my posts and then start putting words in my mouth.

If you don't like it, don't read it and don't post. It's that simple.

I'm a little confused now. I attributed nothing to you personally, not a thing. If you feel as if I have wrongly associated you with something someone else said, tell me. And for the record, I was not addressing you in particular so I think you're just upset that I came in guns blazing into your thread and disagreeing with the premise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
I'm talking about everyone, not just you. Are you even reading the responses in your own thread?

Yes.

You came in here, attacked my posts and then start putting words in my mouth.

If you don't like it, don't read it and don't post. It's that simple.

I'm a little confused now. I attributed nothing to you personally, not a thing. If you feel as if I have wrongly associated you with something someone else said, tell me. And for the record, I was not addressing you in particular so I think you're just upset that I came in guns blazing into your thread and disagreeing with the premise.

Well your post did sound like you were attacking me personally, and no offense, you have a bit of a history of putting your point across rather strongly.

If you noted one of the first lines of my post, I said nothing like I wanted to trade Jackson, only that it is in the realms of possibility.

Also, I'm not upset at all, just annoyed when it appears people attack me for what isn't even my opinion. That shows that the post hasn't actually been read.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
I swear to godÖ†If I listened to you people we'd start the roster from scratch next season. DeSean Jackson compared to Dante Hall and Devin Hester?! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?! We can't afford DeSean? Yeah, who can afford the best deep ball threat in the league, we sure can't. We can't afford a wide receiver who manipulates and affects the way opposing secondaries play us. Nope.

Easy there, no need to get emotional about it. It is only one possible outcome. I presume you just read the title and went off in a huff. Read and then come back with some reasoned comments.

There are no reasoned comments in this thread. DeSean is a gimmick? He's just an x-factor? He can only run two routes? He's just fast? He's just like Devin Hester? He's small so we can't afford him? He's soft and overrated. I KNOW, LETS REPLACE HIM WITH RYAN SWOPE! That's just stupidity. No other way around it. Sorry. I can't even put into words how dumb this is. First Avant, then Maclin and now DeSean? #Facepalm

Bad fans. Bad, bad fans.

You really just wanted to freak out, I wasn't saying replace Jackson with Swope, I was saying complement him with Swope. Read the damn text.

I clearly say "get a WR that is bigger or a true #1 and I think you will see Jackson play better "

At no point do I call for Jackson to leave Philly and I never state that Swope should replace Jackson. I threw out the name of Swope, Patterson and Wilson as compliments to Jackson

Last edited by willy_law on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Are you even reading the responses of everyone? Because not all of us feel the way you described "every post" are coming off as.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all need to calm down a bit.

Laughing

We can all agree that Jackson isn't going anywhere, but he needs help to take the double coverage off of him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
We can all agree that Jackson isn't going anywhere, but he needs help to take the double coverage off of him.
Your next question thread should be "who will be our clear-cut, true, non-Jeremy Maclin/DeSean Jackson #1 WR next season," IMO.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it's time to expose him once the new coaching staff comes in. Make him run routes over the middle and alligator arm the ball if necessary. This way he is exposed. Reid protects his soft WRs. The next coach shouldn't.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Your next question thread should be "who will be our clear-cut, true, non-Jeremy Maclin/DeSean Jackson #1 WR next season," IMO.

I think so, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco

Whatever bro... you vastly overrated DeSean and how coverage work against us.

first off.. we cant block any one soo teams are chipping off on our quarterback while leaving defenders freed up to troll our wide receivers who have shown on game tape how bad they can be when some one gets physical with them.

So once teams decide that quarterback is not going to beat them.. we are not going to run the ball and and the cast of cupcakes wont want to play hard... there is only what two options for this offense to score.

Shady miracle run..

or DeSean miracle catch...

DeSean Jackson is our by wide receiver and biggest play maker by default... not because hes so dangerous. When figure out we dont want to run the ball and the other wide receiver are not going to make plays... teams throw double coverage on DeSean by default.. its more like a big "F U!" to our head coach like "see.. like your only big play hope is hopeless to!" not really a must or intricate part of the game plan for a defense just the natural progression of the game and whats obvious.

Those 2nd down plays where he steps out of bounds with in 2 yards of a the first down to push it to 3rd and 2... is a big big big big big deal. Those plays add up and drain the team. He has ducted/avoided easy TD's to protect him self from getting laid out. .. He has pulled up and pulled away from balls he could of easily caught and turn up field because he was uncomfortable with a physical corner blanketing him. drops way to many easy balls trying to one hand everything with small hands. useless blocking or pretty much on any down not called "GO!" ...

WAKE UP BRO!

This post is coming from his once biggest fan..

Ps. Also what pisses me off about Jackson is he is always on the West Coast Confused ... he flys out to kick it in Hollywood and Long Beach any dying moment he can and is always out social networking partying and being seen in the scene. Not one of those guys who trains or even works out hard.. he trains a couple times a year just running catching deep balls but never lifts a weight or takes his nutrition series..

"I cant gain weight"... NFL has mastered putting on weight on people. your a idiot bro.. dont care how skinny you are if you eat enough calories and break your body down enough with weights.. you will gain mass.. he just wants to eat candy and booze and take photo shoots with famous people in LA..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cut him, he sucks.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

The problem is the QB and the offensive line.

No point having all pros at receiver if you QB is too incompetent to get the ball to them.

How can you even properly evaluate a QB if his offensive line is garbage???

Again look at high powered offenses throughout the history especially in the playoffs when they faced dominant front from another team. You see it in college and NFL ranks of those high powered offenses that get shut down

THose skill players are negated, that QB who may play well all year is negated because they don't have time to get the ball to those skill players.

That's what the Eagles basically face EVERY game. Vick is basically the only QB in the league who can still make that Eagles team competitive despite that adversity
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he is one of our core players, and his contract really isn't that bad. I find it funny some of you guys talk crap on him and/or Maclin for disappearing but then want Dwayne Bowe btw. He disappears more than anyone, and drops very easy passes. You just see the big body and the highlights and think "that's what we need!"

The problem is we don't have a QB who can get him the ball and we don't have a coaching staff using him correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
No, he is one of our core players, and his contract really isn't that bad. I find it funny some of you guys talk crap on him and/or Maclin for disappearing but then want Dwayne Bowe btw. He disappears more than anyone, and drops very easy passes. You just see the big body and the highlights and think "that's what we need!"

The problem is we don't have a QB who can get him the ball and we don't have a coaching staff using him correctly.

No, the problem is he doesn't get open against a decent cornerback. He is virtually useless in any jump ball scenario and doesn't fight back for anything. Dwayne Bowe disappears because he has Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn as his QBs and no other receivers to help him out. Dwayne Bowe is like a TO lite, McNabb would've killed it with him and he gives great effort after he makes the catch. I would trade both Maclin and Jackson straight up for Bowe.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: