Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we canít afford?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Desean Jackson a luxury we can't afford?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

eaglefan#1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson is soft and overrated. Same as Maclin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
I'm also in the keep and build round Jackson and McCoy corner, but as I said, it is a difficult question which may be raised in the future.
We have more difficult questions to answer though Marky. That is the point I'm trying to make.

Do we keep Roseman as GM?
Who will be a our HC?
Who will be our QB?
What do we do with the defense?
Can we employ a competent safety duo?
What do we do with the O-line?

Those are bigger issues than "should we build around McCoy and Jackson," IMO.

I was coming onto those

Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson isn't a true #1 but we require him to act like one, get a WR that is bigger or a true #1 and I think you will see Jackson play better

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

I love Swope he is one of my favorite prospects in the draft but if we sign a FA Olineman and take care of secondary with our first round pick. I would love to have Coradelle with out 2nd round pick.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Jackson isn't a true #1 but we require him to act like one, get a WR that is bigger or a true #1 and I think you will see Jackson play better

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

I love Swope he is one of my favorite prospects in the draft but if we sign a FA Olineman and take care of secondary with our first round pick. I would love to have Coradelle with out 2nd round pick.

So the Avant 'clone' or the guy who walked off his team?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

HOW DARE YOU INSULT SWOPE. THE MAN IS NOT AN AVANT CLONE
and I should have stated Wilson would be like a 6th round pick, I wouldn't touch him due to character concerns with any draft pick of importance
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true #1? What is something that 95% of number ones have that no Eagles receiver ever has.

Size.

Riley Cooper yeah yeah I know, but then again he was never meant to be a number one or even a number two really.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, bringing in someone who is taller than this season's starting QB would be nice.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

Swope is not an "Avant clone". He is faster and better with the ball in his hands. He has the talent to spot start on the outside, but would be best placed in the slot (so he really doesn't come into the conversation as a compliment to Jackson). He does have some of Avant's better qualities though. Good hands, good routes, and the guy can take a hit and hold onto the ball. He also plays with an attitude.

Basically he would be the competition for Avant's job that PE has been crying about and is good enough to be a "#3" instead of a strictly slot guy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

and is good enough to be a "#3" instead of a strictly slot guy.

You can't lie, I introduced that distinction to this forum.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

and is good enough to be a "#3" instead of a strictly slot guy.

You can't lie, I introduced that distinction to this forum.

Yep. That and the difference between 1 gap and 2 gap. I know. You are a legend in your own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

Swope is not an "Avant clone". He is faster and better with the ball in his hands. He has the talent to spot start on the outside, but would be best placed in the slot (so he really doesn't come into the conversation as a compliment to Jackson). He does have some of Avant's better qualities though. Good hands, good routes, and the guy can take a hit and hold onto the ball. He also plays with an attitude.

Basically he would be the competition for Avant's job that PE has been crying about and is good enough to be a "#3" instead of a strictly slot guy.

See, I see the same thing in Swope as in Avant, both purely slot guys. I want my #3 receiver to be able to step up and play on the outside if either of the top 2 receivers are injured.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

See, I see the same thing in Swope as in Avant, both purely slot guys. I want my #3 receiver to be able to step up and play on the outside if either of the top 2 receivers are injured.

And he can.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

And he can.

Swope? I dunno personally. Avant can play on the outside, would he be any good at it, doubt it

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

And he can.

Swope? I dunno personally. Avant can play on the outside, would he be any good at it, doubt it

He does it now.

Avant has played outside in a few games. I'll just say he's better inside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Ryan Swope
Marquess Wilson

And he can.

A&M uses him quite a lot on the outside.

http://youtu.be/L73hKMz4vkI?t=2m31s

This play right here is something we would never see Avant do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: