Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: Titans(4-6) @ Jaguars(1-9) 11/25 1PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How will the Titans win?
By a lot?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
By slightly less than a lot?
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Gentlemen...I am officially starting the Chip Kelly for Tennessee Titans head coach bandwagon. Jump on early. Cool

Now that you mention it, we were most effective when we went with the hurry up spread offense yesterday Think

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Gentlemen...I am officially starting the Chip Kelly for Tennessee Titans head coach bandwagon. Jump on early. Cool

Im on it!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a morning ride in and listening to morning radio....

it disappoints me that our WRs didn't play consistently and make plays
it disappoints me that Cook fails to be used and when thrown to can't do exactly the best thing...like catch or hold on to the ball.
it disappoints me that our team just didn't take the Jags seriously.

I don't hate Palmer like majority because we are passing more than we ever have under other OC's. I don't understand how you can't get the TE's involved more.

I don't see the reason we re-signed Hawkins. He has played in like 2 games.

I think our offensive line has been solidified with an improving Velasco and Luti. We still need to bring in talent but I don't think it is as pressing as was when season started.

I know people don't want to keep throwing picks and money at the WR spots, but when the continue to let us down when we need them most, am I the only one that keeps thinking about finding more talent there?

it disappoints me to see the game ruined by outside influences.
Not having a better angle for the Williams catch.
The refs blowing the fumble call in Indy.
2 plays that if just called correctly could mean 6-5 as opposed to 4-7.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Babineaux, Witherspoon, Mouton, Amano, Harper all off this team and replaced with someone else. We need a good back up running back, we need a safety, we need a nickel corner, and we need someone who is unblockable on the d line. But hey other than that and learning how to tackle we are alright Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Now that you mention it, we were most effective when we went with the hurry up spread offense yesterday Think

Been on it.

Side note: wish we still had Finny's leadership on our Defense. God we're so terrible.
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Been on it.

Side note: wish we still had Finny's leadership on our Defense. God we're so terrible.

I'm not missing his leadership, I'm missing his talent as a nickel. Campbell has disappointed in not taking that spot, leaving Mouton to be the one....Sensabaugh isn't ready yet apparently.

But the downfall was that you can't pay Finny the money he wanted to be a nickel and that is what he was GREAT at in my view...

Now we draft a boundary corner and put Verner at Nickel, I think we solve the problem.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...am I the only one that thought Locker actually played a good game yesterday? I've seen a lot of people (not just here, but elsewhere as well), talk about his struggles and I feel like I must have missed something.

He certainly didn't have an elite game, but considering the predictability of the play calling through the first three quarters, I thought he did everything he could to put his receivers in position to make plays. He hit Nate perfectly in the corner on what undoubtedly should have been a touchdown and gave Damian a chance to make a play for another TD that would have been ruled a touchdown had the ref initially called it that way.

Add in a terrible route by Kendall on a 3rd down throw that should have extended a drive, Nate's inability to get his feet in on that 3rd and 2 and a couple of other drops, and we could have been looking at an entirely different game.

Locker made an early and poor throw to Cook on that interception, but moved the ball incredibly well once we spread things out in the fourth quarter.

There were a lot of things that bothered me about yesterday's game, Locker would be near the bottom of my list.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
So...am I the only one that thought Locker actually played a good game yesterday? I've seen a lot of people (not just here, but elsewhere as well), talk about his struggles and I feel like I must have missed something.

Probably. Did he even throw for a yard in the 1st half that wasn't a result of yards after the catch? Feels like any pass further than the line of scrimmage was either shot over the receiver's head or bounced to him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
So...am I the only one ...

There were a lot of things that bothered me about yesterday's game, Locker would be near the bottom of my list.

No, I feel the same. Lots of problems, Jake not much of one at all. My biggest problem is that we came off the bye and lost to a bad team. Period. That's on Munchak. None of the excuses even matter. A bad call here, a dumb play by some guy there... just overcome it. Do better. Stop making life difficult for yourselves. No excuse to come off the bye and look like you haven't seen a football in two weeks.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

He certainly didn't have an elite game, but considering the predictability of the play calling through the first three quarters, I thought he did everything he could to put his receivers in position to make plays. He hit Nate perfectly in the corner on what undoubtedly should have been a touchdown and gave Damian a chance to make a play for another TD that would have been ruled a touchdown had the ref initially called it that way.

Add in a terrible route by Kendall on a 3rd down throw that should have extended a drive, Nate's inability to get his feet in on that 3rd and 2 and a couple of other drops, and we could have been looking at an entirely different game.

Locker made an early and poor throw to Cook on that interception, but moved the ball incredibly well once we spread things out in the fourth quarter.

Not at all. He played very well. WR's screwed him over yesterday, HARD.

Should have had three touchdowns.

Also, Damian Williams needs to be on the field more. He knows how to get open.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

He wasn't the biggest problem or a significant problem all game. He made some throws, WRs didn't make plays for him.

However, he was part of an offense that was horrific most of the game. He missed some reads, made some late throws and early throws...
Then at the end he put his log in the fire and messed up.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

He wasn't the biggest problem or a significant problem all game. He made some throws, WRs didn't make plays for him.

However, he was part of an offense that was horrific most of the game. He missed some reads, made some late throws and early throws...
Then at the end he put his log in the fire and messed up.

This. Wasn't a great game, but not bad at all. Would have looked a lot nicer had the WRs come to play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker didn't play terrible, but he threw a bad pick with the game on the line and he missed a few early in the game, too.

He didn't play like I feel he's capable of playing and he was against a team that was 1-9 going into the week. I still love him as much as the next Titans fan, but he deserves his share of the flack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
Locker didn't play terrible, but he threw a bad pick with the game on the line and he missed a few early in the game, too.

He didn't play like I feel he's capable of playing and he was against a team that was 1-9 going into the week. I still love him as much as the next Titans fan, but he deserves his share of the flack.

Ref's make the right call and Nate Washington catches a perfectly thrown pass for the TD and this conversation never happens.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Double Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Double Agent wrote:

Ref's make the right call and Nate Washington catches a perfectly thrown pass for the TD and this conversation never happens.

Or Locker doesn't throw an anti-clutch pick on the potential game winning drive and this conversation never happens.

A borderline call doesn't go our way and Nate doesn't make a tough catch in the endzone, so Locker is forgiven completely for choking when it mattered? He's young and it's gonna happen to every QB once and a while, but I'm not gonna act like I'm not disappointed in his performance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

Jump to: