Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tibo basic mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Tibo basic mock Reply with quote

This is mainly just draft picks, Goldson would be an interesting FA option as would J. Byrd. Wouldnt be surprised to see S. Shields in S&B either. J. Cook could be a potential target at TE as well.

First we trade our 1st round pick for one of St Louis 1st rounders and their 2nd rounder. They move up to get their starting OT that is needed and still have their other pick to get their WR. (note: this is also assuming McClain is no longer on the team)

#1(from Rams): Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.

Position of need and we can really get a lot of players here but he will be one of the BPA at that time imo

#2(from Rams): Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers

Very good LB, tackles well, great in pass coverage and good at stopping the run.

#3: Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

Needed help on the OL, can compete for backup/future starter.

#4: Quanterus Smith DE/OLB Western Kentucky

Excellent pass rusher. Demolished DJ Fluker at Alabama and others. Would be going higher except there are concerns about his size and where to put him. Good risk in round #4.

#6: Daniel McCullers DT Tennesee

Massive DT that excells at stopping the run. Blocks kicks, etc. I am good with either him or Kwame Geathers here. Some type of players.

#7a: Elvis Fischer OT Missouri

Promising lineman who has dropped because of injuries. Another risk/reward move.

#7b: John Boyett S Oregon

Good player, but blown out knee. No telling were he will go but if he is still there we should take the chance.


Last edited by TiberiusRising on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMike1b


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 1879
Location: 626, CA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT Eric Fisher is projected to be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. No way he passes through that far even with the injury concerns.
_________________


2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
OT Eric Fisher is projected to be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. No way he passes through that far even with the injury concerns.


Sorry should have specified this is Elvis Fisher from Missouri not Eric Fisher. I will edit the schools shortly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3843
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, i just don't know about alot of those guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance (1st-CB, 2nd-LB) I did not like it, but by the time I read through everything I actually think its a pretty good draft. I dont know a whole lot about all those guys, their weaknesses, projected rounds (which will change by April anyway), but on paper and going off what I do know about some of them, I like it.

CB, LB, DT, DE, 2 OTs and an Oregon Duck!

I like the McCullers pick- the guy is just a mountain! He is strong and powerful, and plays with energy too, so he wouldnt just be a fat slob in the middle. He would be a nice 2-down NT for us.

Boyett is smart and a playmaker. I would compare him to a slower Tyvon Branch with better coverage skills. Like Branch, he can really lay the wood, but he will also whiff sometimes.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2538
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Shields is RFA IMO, so no chance...

I like the draft, however would need a solid FA session as well, since DL and OL would still be liability with only the draft...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5809
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that Quan blew out his knee right?? One of my favorite prospects still though but he may go UDFA.
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
You do realize that Quan blew out his knee right?? One of my favorite prospects still though but he may go UDFA.


ehh. I didnt realize. Well still want him, just not in the 4th. Like you said maybe UDFA.

The other two guys I was looking at in the 4th are actually on offense. Cant really choose between the two without seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

R. Swope WR Texas A&M
and
J. Franklin RB UCLA


At the moment I am leaning towards J. Franklin given our running woes. He is a good pass catcher and blocker as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11988
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on where St Louis would be picking in this situation, I can't fathom going after CB this early assuming either Joeckel or Lewan would be available. Banks is a good prospect but that would be too high for him IMO. He's arguably not even the best CB prospect in this class. Not only that, our biggest need on defense is up front. While I'm not too high on many pass rushers that are "premiere" I do think Hankins or Star would also be available around this time.

Again this is hypothetical b/c you didn't give previous players drafted and where St Louis would be drafting and right now, that looks like it'll be the top 12. There are no CBs worth drafting that high, not at all especially when we need to go BPA.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Depending on where St Louis would be picking in this situation, I can't fathom going after CB this early assuming either Joeckel or Lewan would be available. Banks is a good prospect but that would be too high for him IMO. He's arguably not even the best CB prospect in this class. Not only that, our biggest need on defense is up front. While I'm not too high on many pass rushers that are "premiere" I do think Hankins or Star would also be available around this time.

Again this is hypothetical b/c you didn't give previous players drafted and where St Louis would be drafting and right now, that looks like it'll be the top 12. There are no CBs worth drafting that high, not at all especially when we need to go BPA.


I think St Louis will be picking around 13 and 15 at the moment. joekel will be out because St Louis is moving up to get him with the trade. Lewan will probably be gone shortly after to Philly or a OL needy team. I I dont think Hankins or Star would be around then. The idea around the CB getting drafted is getting a top tier CB with size/speed that you could start right away. I am also going to go out on a limb and say Seymour will likely be here one more year as well. By the time we pick I think the following guys will have been taken that would be on our radar.

Joekel
Star
Te'o
Jones
Hankins
Moore
Millner
Mingo
Werner
Lewan

So on the DL the next two guys left would be J. Jankins and S. Montgomery and I rate Banks higher than those two guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3: Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

I would like Kyle Long OT Oregon the son of Howie Long
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
#3: Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

I would like Kyle Long OT Oregon the son of Howie Long

Im with you, I felt he may go before this point but if he is still there I would take him before Brennan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8856
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"McKenzie said Michael Huff is definitely a safety and not a cornerback in Raiders' long-term plans"

This makes this mock even more realistic now. CB has become bigger need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"McKenzie said Michael Huff is definitely a safety and not a cornerback in Raiders' long-term plans"

This makes this mock even more realistic now. CB has become bigger need.


It also says "Huff signed a four-year, $32 million deal as a safety in July 2011. He has no guaranteed money remaining beyond this season, however."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11988
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Depending on where St Louis would be picking in this situation, I can't fathom going after CB this early assuming either Joeckel or Lewan would be available. Banks is a good prospect but that would be too high for him IMO. He's arguably not even the best CB prospect in this class. Not only that, our biggest need on defense is up front. While I'm not too high on many pass rushers that are "premiere" I do think Hankins or Star would also be available around this time.

Again this is hypothetical b/c you didn't give previous players drafted and where St Louis would be drafting and right now, that looks like it'll be the top 12. There are no CBs worth drafting that high, not at all especially when we need to go BPA.


I think St Louis will be picking around 13 and 15 at the moment. joekel will be out because St Louis is moving up to get him with the trade. Lewan will probably be gone shortly after to Philly or a OL needy team. I I dont think Hankins or Star would be around then. The idea around the CB getting drafted is getting a top tier CB with size/speed that you could start right away. I am also going to go out on a limb and say Seymour will likely be here one more year as well. By the time we pick I think the following guys will have been taken that would be on our radar.

Joekel
Star
Te'o
Jones
Hankins
Moore
Millner
Mingo
Werner
Lewan

So on the DL the next two guys left would be J. Jankins and S. Montgomery and I rate Banks higher than those two guys.


To each their own. That's a viable explanation and a possibility. Everyone here knows my stance on drafting CBs that high especially when our defense is in shambles and they will only be a factor in the smallest percentage of plays which is exactly the opposite of what we need right now. We need a person who will be someone they have to deal w/ on every single play. We're basically rebuilding our defense here and if you're using this draft pick to do that, building a D around a CB is just not the way to go about it. Regardless, I'm definitely a BPA guy on the offensive line or D so if McKenzie feels a CB offers him the most value at that spot, so be it. I won't agree w/ it at all, but it's his team.

I'm going to do a mock off-season at the end of the season once I see where our draft placement is (even though it's still entirely too early but just for fun Smile ) but at this point, I'd be fine w/ trying to snag DRC or Sean Smith as they won't come too high priced but they're viable CBs and their play will improve if we can ever get pressure. Plus we could keep some guys we have now for depth. That's just how I see it now.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group