Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jones on Garrett HC/OC duties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Jones on Garrett HC/OC duties Reply with quote

LINK

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing we won't see an OC added during off season. Least nothing from that article raised my hopes. I think Jones and Garrett are satisfied with the status quo. Of course, Garrett could get fired...

Quote:
“Jason could easily be a walk-around coach,” Jones said. “All you’ve got to do is get him an offensive coordinator. Again, you take away some of the plusses that go with being the coordinator and the head coach.”

The entire notion behind this quote leaves me smh. Just...dumb.

Quote:
“If you get it in the end zone and your head coach is the coordinator, there’s more of a feeling he got it in the end zone and he helped us get it in the end zone like the quarterback did,” Jones said Tuesday on his radio show on KRLD 105.3 FM “The Fan.”

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8681308&city=dallas

Here is another story about the same thing that I read today.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you guys know the saying... If its not broke, don't fix it.

GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Stephen Jones feels, when he hears his Dad say these things. Where does he come up with this crap. Who gives a crap who gets credit for scoring.

Last edited by GeneralDissaray on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
I wonder how Stephen Jones feels, when he hears his Dad say these things. Where does he come up with this crap.

I can't help but feel like Jerry's the crazy old man in your family at this point. Y'know, the one who you respect but don't listen to a damn thing he says because you know he's off his rocker.

^^^mack
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
I wonder how Stephen Jones feels, when he hears his Dad say these things. Where does he come up with this crap.

I can't help but feel like Jerry's the crazy old man in your family at this point. Y'know, the one who you respect but don't listen to a damn thing he says because you know he's off his rocker.

Ok. Dad. Here's your tapioca pudding. Guess what. Matlock's on.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, did anyone expect Jerry to say: "Jason is clearly over his head with too many responsibilities. This is a mistake that will be remedied, because the Ginger is an awful OC"?

And this maybe is just me holding out hope - but until it doesn't happen, I won't believe it can't happen.

EDIT: I had 'home' and not 'hope'

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I am sorry, did anyone expect Jerry to say: "Jason is clearly over his head with too many responsibilities. This is a mistake that will be remedied, because the Ginger is an awful OC"?

And this maybe is just me holding out home - but until it doesn't happen, I won't believe it can't happen.

Now that's how it's done. T_O7 pulled off the triple negative and made it actually make sense.

However, I fall on the other side of the fence on this one. I just don't see Jerry making Jason give up the playcalling duties. I wish he would though. A Norv and Callahan combo would be really good for Jason and the team.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
Northland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

And this maybe is just me holding out home - but until it doesn't happen, I won't believe it can't happen.

Obviously Jerry is not going to throw Garrett under the bus. I am not expecting him to. But there is nothing wrong with Jerry saying something to the effect of "No one in the organization is happy with our offensive output and struggles in the red zone this year. It is something that all of us are going to have to evaluate as we move forward. We expect more". You are stating the obvious, not throwing anyone under the bus, but neither are you telling anyone that the status quo is okay. I don't think anyone would be offended by that. Everyone knows that the Cowboys have a big problem on offense that needs fixing/addressing.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Well, you guys know the saying... If its not broke, don't fix it.

Plus, neither of them are capable of determining whether it's broken or not.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: