Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv as OC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Norv as OC Reply with quote

Previously, a number of us, including me, stated that we'd like to see Norv Turner brought in as Offensive Coordinator, should he get fired. I started thinking. Do most of you pro Norv people think adding Norv would allow Garrett to spend more time on game management and preparation. It's not like the Chargers have been the smartest and most prepared team.

Are we simply diluted by the Dynasty years, or do you think Garrett can significantly improve with Norv as OC?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Norv as OC Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Previously, a number of us, including me, stated that we'd like to see Norv Turner brought in as Offensive Coordinator, should he get fired. I started thinking. Do most of you pro Norv people think adding Norv would allow Garrett to spend more time on game management and preparation. It's not like the Chargers have been the smartest and most prepared team.

Are we simply diluted by the Dynasty years, or do you think Garrett can significantly improve with Norv as OC?

Yes. A Million Times Yes.

Norv and Callahan would not only be two solid offensive minds to build a game plan around.. but it would great expedite Garretts learning curve. I love what Garrett is doing from a personal stand point, and the "attitude" of the franchise. But its pretty clear that there are times were he is in way over his head.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Norv as OC Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:

Frankly, probably.

But there are two sides of the same coin. There can be no doubt that he is a great QB Coach. And as the QB goes, often so does the offense. There can also be no doubt that him assuming a great deal of the burden from Redball would free him (Redball) up to focus on other aspects of the game - that doesn't mean he will excel at it though.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner would do to our offense (assuming we repair the offensive line) what Phillips did to the Houston defense.

There has never been a question that Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator in this league. His issues arise from not having the ability to manage a team.

^^^Deadpulse
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Turner would do to our offense (assuming we repair the offensive line) what Phillips did to the Houston defense.

There has never been a question that Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator in this league. His issues arise from not having the ability to manage a team.

Lol. You didn't really answer my question. I'm basically asking, do you think Redball is just spread too thin without an OC? Do you think the team would be smarter, more prepared, and Garrett would perform better at clock management, if Norv is hired? I'm just wondering if we can be a disciplined team under Garrett, or you think he just doesn't have it no matter who we bring in as OC?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Lol. You didn't really answer my question. I'm basically asking, do you think Redball is just spread too thin without an OC? Do you think the team would be smarter, more prepared, and Garrett would perform better at clock management, if Norv is hired? I'm just wondering if we can be a disciplined team under Garrett, or you think he just doesn't have it no matter who we bring in as OC?

I think right now Garrett is too spread thin. So, to answer your question, without playcalling duties I believe Garrett would do a better job getting this team to be smarter, better prepared, etc.

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: