Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv as OC

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5490
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Norv as OC Reply with quote

Previously, a number of us, including me, stated that we'd like to see Norv Turner brought in as Offensive Coordinator, should he get fired. I started thinking. Do most of you pro Norv people think adding Norv would allow Garrett to spend more time on game management and preparation. It's not like the Chargers have been the smartest and most prepared team.

Are we simply diluted by the Dynasty years, or do you think Garrett can significantly improve with Norv as OC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38422
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Norv as OC Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Previously, a number of us, including me, stated that we'd like to see Norv Turner brought in as Offensive Coordinator, should he get fired. I started thinking. Do most of you pro Norv people think adding Norv would allow Garrett to spend more time on game management and preparation. It's not like the Chargers have been the smartest and most prepared team.

Are we simply diluted by the Dynasty years, or do you think Garrett can significantly improve with Norv as OC?


Yes. A Million Times Yes.

Norv and Callahan would not only be two solid offensive minds to build a game plan around.. but it would great expedite Garretts learning curve. I love what Garrett is doing from a personal stand point, and the "attitude" of the franchise. But its pretty clear that there are times were he is in way over his head.
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24976
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Norv as OC Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Are we simply diluted by the Dynasty years, or do you think Garrett can significantly improve with Norv as OC?


Frankly, probably.

But there are two sides of the same coin. There can be no doubt that he is a great QB Coach. And as the QB goes, often so does the offense. There can also be no doubt that him assuming a great deal of the burden from Redball would free him (Redball) up to focus on other aspects of the game - that doesn't mean he will excel at it though.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28976
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner would do to our offense (assuming we repair the offensive line) what Phillips did to the Houston defense.

There has never been a question that Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator in this league. His issues arise from not having the ability to manage a team.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5490
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Turner would do to our offense (assuming we repair the offensive line) what Phillips did to the Houston defense.

There has never been a question that Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator in this league. His issues arise from not having the ability to manage a team.


Lol. You didn't really answer my question. I'm basically asking, do you think Redball is just spread too thin without an OC? Do you think the team would be smarter, more prepared, and Garrett would perform better at clock management, if Norv is hired? I'm just wondering if we can be a disciplined team under Garrett, or you think he just doesn't have it no matter who we bring in as OC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28976
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Turner would do to our offense (assuming we repair the offensive line) what Phillips did to the Houston defense.

There has never been a question that Norv is an excellent offensive coordinator in this league. His issues arise from not having the ability to manage a team.


Lol. You didn't really answer my question. I'm basically asking, do you think Redball is just spread too thin without an OC? Do you think the team would be smarter, more prepared, and Garrett would perform better at clock management, if Norv is hired? I'm just wondering if we can be a disciplined team under Garrett, or you think he just doesn't have it no matter who we bring in as OC?


I think right now Garrett is too spread thin. So, to answer your question, without playcalling duties I believe Garrett would do a better job getting this team to be smarter, better prepared, etc.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group