Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harbaugh starting Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle_Rico wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
Anyways, am I the only one that likes this move from Harbaugh's perspective? I don't mean starting Kaepernick over Alex, because we'll see how that plays out. I mean the way the move was made. Many of you see it as cold and not considerate of player's feelings but I see it as completely unbiased despite personal relationships and 100% based on what's best for the team going forward. That is the kind of coach I want. I want a coach that is willing to make a tough call because he thinks it is best for the team. Whether he's right or not is to be determined, but I like the mentality.

I like the mentality IF that's how it went down. However, I think you're a tad crazy if you don't believe bias played a huge role in it. Kaepernick was always going to be the future quarterback, and the team moved up to select him. I'd be entirely shocked if this was an unbiased decision.

I still don't necessarily fault him for it, don't think it says anything negative about him, but in my eyes it's fairly clear that this was the quarterback he wanted and saw the opportunity to finally make it happen.

It can still be unbiased... we don't know what happens in practice. Maybe Kap has been lighting it up in practice for a while, and everyone knew what was coming. Maybe all Harbaugh needed was an opportunity to make the change, not because he likes Kap better than Alex, but because he knew he was better than Alex. But really, we don't know.

I am a tad crazy, but for very different reasons then an opinion about football.

Ultimately my opinion on the matter is this -

- I feel bad for Alex for personal reasons

- I am thrilled with Kap's success so far

- I endlessly trust Jim's judgement

If Jim goes back to Alex tomorrow I will be happy with the decision. If Jim sticks with Kap I will be happy with that as well.

Sidenote- How cool is it that both QB's are supportive of each other? Major props to both of them for being so professional about the whole thing, cuz these types of things can have a very negative effect on a team when one player gets their feelings hurt. A testament to the character of both Kap and Alex.

My dream is to see Alex give Kap a timely pep talk, before a 4th quarter game-winning drive. Some kind of "You can do it", with an intense eye-to-eye, a tap on the shoulder... and then Kap handing the Lombardi Trophy to Alex.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
Anyways, am I the only one that likes this move from Harbaugh's perspective? I don't mean starting Kaepernick over Alex, because we'll see how that plays out. I mean the way the move was made. Many of you see it as cold and not considerate of player's feelings but I see it as completely unbiased despite personal relationships and 100% based on what's best for the team going forward. That is the kind of coach I want. I want a coach that is willing to make a tough call because he thinks it is best for the team. Whether he's right or not is to be determined, but I like the mentality.

I like the mentality IF that's how it went down. However, I think you're a tad crazy if you don't believe bias played a huge role in it. Kaepernick was always going to be the future quarterback, and the team moved up to select him. I'd be entirely shocked if this was an unbiased decision.

I still don't necessarily fault him for it, don't think it says anything negative about him, but in my eyes it's fairly clear that this was the quarterback he wanted and saw the opportunity to finally make it happen.

It can still be unbiased... we don't know what happens in practice. Maybe Kap has been lighting it up in practice for a while, and everyone knew what was coming. Maybe all Harbaugh needed was an opportunity to make the change, not because he likes Kap better than Alex, but because he knew he was better than Alex. But really, we don't know.

I am a tad crazy, but for very different reasons then an opinion about football.

If Jim goes back to Alex tomorrow I will be happy with the decision. If Jim sticks with Kap I will be happy with that as well.

Sidenote- How cool is it that both QB's are supportive of each other? Major props to both of them for being so professional about the whole thing, cuz these types of things can have a very negative effect on a team when one player gets their feelings hurt. A testament to the character of both Kap and Alex.

My dream is to see Alex give Kap a timely pep talk, before a 4th quarter game-winning drive. Some kind of "You can do it", with an intense eye-to-eye, a tap on the shoulder... and then Kap handing the Lombardi Trophy to Alex.

I'd probably have a little bit of awesome leak out of my eye.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:

I'd probably have a little bit of awesome leak out of my eye.

Alex really has to be involved in Kap's evolution. He has to do all he can for Kap and the team. Otherwise, I have no idea how to write a good movie script about the Alex saga. It has to end well, dammit! It has to end at the Superbowl.

Uncle_Rico

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex really has to be involved in Kap's evolution. He has to do all he can for Kap and the team. Otherwise, I have no idea how to write a good movie script about the Alex saga. It has to end well, dammit! It has to end at the Superbowl.

Maybe Jim is starting Kap until the playoffs and secretly developing a two QB system that proves to be unstoppable. They easily breeze through the NFC laughing at the feeble attempts of the Packers and the Falcons trying to figure out how to defend against it. Then the silly little Patriots come along and Jim proves the only thing more unstoppable then a two TE offense is a two QB offense, but tells Belichick that it was a cute attempt and if he needs any coaching advice to call him during the offseason. Meanwhile the Niners develop a dynasty built on the fact that both QB's only get half of the stats of a normal QB so come contract time neither gets a major pay raise. Eventually Alex and Kap move into together as heterosexual life partners (not that there's anything wrong with that) and star on a reality show about their lives until they are bored of winning Superbowls and decide to be Co-Offensive coordinators for Jim.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest theory is that Jim came home to find Alex and a midget in bed with Mrs. Harbaugh.

___
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
My latest theory is that Jim came home to find Alex and a midget in bed with Mrs. Harbaugh.

Alex has held this team hostage for so long that I would've thought he had blackmail on a higher up in our organization.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Alex has held this team hostage for so long that I would've thought he had blackmail on a higher up in our organization.

[Luke's eyes go to his lightsabre]
The Emperor: You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

The Emperor: You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

___
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

He probably had some pictures of Dr. York.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Chewbacca: "Uuuuuuuurrr ahhhhrrrrrr uuuhrrrr ahhhhhrrrrrr aaaaarhg....."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

The Emperor: Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

The Emperor: Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Of course, by using this continuous line by the emperor, I'm left to believe you recognize you're on the side of evil and that the people wanting Alex gone just want the universe to be a better place.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Of course, by using this continuous line by the emperor, I'm left to believe you recognize you're on the side of evil and that the people wanting Alex gone just want the universe to be a better place.

Star wars is terrible. FOOTBALL!

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Yoosa should follow me now, okeeday? Jar Jar Binks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Nah, just having fun playing off the negative attitudes regarding Alex... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 38 of 44

Jump to: