Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harbaugh starting Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
RickyG wrote:
The Numbers Never Lie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUxNTGW8Hk

they lied when we played the giants (i think it was) lol

surprised by the stat that rbs dont get touched until 5.9 past los.
watching games, really doesnt seem like that. maybe a few are pushing the avg up?

They said Rushers, so including when CK7 keeps the ball.

And that includes the GB game where Kap ran for 99 of 181 yards without even being touched.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rudyZ"]
RickyG wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
RickyG wrote:
The Numbers Never Lie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUxNTGW8Hk

they lied when we played the giants (i think it was) lol

surprised by the stat that rbs dont get touched until 5.9 past los.
watching games, really doesnt seem like that. maybe a few are pushing the avg up?

They said Rushers, so including when CK7 keeps the ball.

And that includes the GB game where Kap ran for 99 of 181 yards without even being touched.[/quote

Actually it was over 170 (172 I believe). Kap ran for 99 yards out of the Pistol. Although that extra yardage might be factored out, I don't know how they got that stat.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant fault harbaugh for recruiting blaine gabbert. He was tbe number one QB prospect coming out of HS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Cant fault harbaugh for recruiting blaine gabbert. He was tbe number one QB prospect coming out of HS.

And he was a great college player, probably the beat QB to come out of Mizzou- just doesn't belong as an NFL starter

-kiltman
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
sbrown wrote:

And he was a great college player, probably the beat QB to come out of Mizzou- just doesn't belong as an NFL starter

No he wasn't. Blaine was overrated back in college too. Chase Daniels was a better college QB than Blaine.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
sbrown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree chase was a better college QB he just too short whereas blaine had "pedigree" and prototypical measurements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
What everythingsf said was extraordinary. For someone who was soo committed on one side of countless alex smith debates to have this type of insight is a refreshing view of someone who looks at the better option for the team and can see the greater good. I can do nothing but respect your recent posts man!!

Rudy i think what you have post recently is what many who seemed to hate alex were saying. Is that although him being efficient he had limitations that was holding us back in some regard.

Thanks man Razz

IS IT SUNDAY YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!!!!?

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
sbrown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Im nervous so im not rushing to have sunday come so soon. I was a young kid when we won 3 SB in the mid to late 80s when I used to take out my make shift 49er jersey ( we were poor so I used to take a marker and draw on my t shirts) and I would go thru supersticious rituals like the 49er fan on the commercial. Im too old to do that now but I feel like i should do it...please help

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
^^^^ Im nervous so im not rushing to have sunday come so soon. I was a young kid when we won 3 SB in the mid to late 80s when I used to take out my make shift 49er jersey ( we were poor so I used to take a marker and draw on my t shirts) and I would go thru supersticious rituals like the 49er fan on the commercial. Im too old to do that now but I feel like i should do it...please help

The only help I can offer you is making you a new make shift jersey Wink

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:

Yea I was 12 for the 5th SB win. It is the only one I was old enough to remember watching.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Django

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:

Terrelle Pryor was.

Oddly enough...even after drafting Kaep..

The 49ers were at his Pro Day. Dont know if they were scouting him for QB or another position though.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
I never saw this move as a head scratcher, nor do I believe that Alex got disrespected in anyway by us sticking with Kaep.

Kaep tore it up versus the Bears and displayed a couple traits that happened to be exactly what we were all wishing Alex could display. I believe the pass that cemented Kaep getting another go at it was the TD pass to Crabtree, in that same Bears game, where he bought time, did not panic and throw it away or take the sack, but instead rolled back to his left and threw it against his body with touch to Crabtree in the endzone.

After that game you had to see if he could display consistency in that level of play. If he had failed against the Saints the following week, I believe Alex would of taken back the reigns. But the thing of it is, Kaep never slowed down and continued to excel in the area's where Alex would not.

As one of the biggest Alex fans on this forum for the past few years, I myself even believe that not only did Harbaugh make the correct move, but made the easy move.

I pretty much agree with this as well. Except the "easy move" part. I always believed in Kap's skills and his upside. But it is very, very rare for young, inexperienced QBs not to make mistakes - often costly ones. I never for one minute doubted he would play well. What has surprised me is how error-free he has played (saying with his fingers crossed).

And to think - he's really still really just learning how to read defenses, makes adjustments, building his timing with his recievers, etc. The sky's the limit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at the end of the day, its pretty obvious why Kap was named starter. Him as a new starter is considerably better than Alex's best over 8 seasons. I think what many of us wanted from alex as the number 1 overall pick was what we were able to see in kap in only 10 games.

his stats over a full 16 game season would be 3,900 yds passing 22 tds 8 ints. 900 yds rushing 8 tds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44

Jump to: