Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harbaugh starting Kaepernick
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evera9er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Harbaugh starting Kaepernick Reply with quote

SI's Jim Trotter is reporting that 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh has informed Alex Smith that Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday. The decision was not based on Smith's health.

If this turns out to be true I think this is a really bad decision. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the kid and was praying to the NFL gods that we would draft him, but mid-season when we have a dude with the 3rd highest QB rating in the league? We are already playoff bound and Smith has proven he can perform at this level.

I would have been very happy having Kaep take over next season, but I am really not comfortable with this move. I think Harbaugh has made the wrong choice if this turns out to be true.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess we can have a new thread but I posted this in the QB controversy thread as well as the GDT.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the future is now =p hopefully it'll be the right decision, I feel for Alex but anyone who isnt blind can see the ceiling CK has
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll allow this up, since this is big news concerning our franchise.

In regards to the news......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Harbaugh starting Kaepernick Reply with quote

4evera9er wrote:
SI's Jim Trotter is reporting that 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh has informed Alex Smith that Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday. The decision was not based on Smith's health.

If this turns out to be true I think this is a really bad decision. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the kid and was praying to the NFL gods that we would draft him, but mid-season when we have a dude with the 3rd highest QB rating in the league? We are already playoff bound and Smith has proven he can perform at this level.

I would have been very happy having Kaep take over next season, but I am really not comfortable with this move. I think Harbaugh has made the wrong choice if this turns out to be true.

How if Kaep sucks we go back to to Alex. I don't understand how this could be that bad of a decision?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, I guess we can have a new thread but I posted this in the QB controversy thread as well as the GDT.

This definitely deserves its own thread dude.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie McGinest likened this to Bledose/Brady on NFLN yesterday. He said when Bledsoe was healthy, "our leader" Bellichek started Brady because Brady gave them the best chance to win. And his comment on Alex's passer rating..."you can always have good numbers if you don't throw alot. your passer rating is always going to be high"

Bledsoe was not a bad QB, but he wasn't as good as Brady. Right now, Alex is not a bad QB, but he's not as consistently good as Kaepernick was on MNF....in his 1st start...against the best defense in the NFL.

Still, as i've said many, many times, i think Alex should have been rested, Kaep get the start, and THEN make the determination.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
well the future is now =p hopefully it'll be the right decision, I feel for Alex but anyone who isnt blind can see the ceiling CK has

I agree. I would have let Alex get his Super Bowl.
Then let them battle it out for next season.

As long as kap can keep up his play, all is well.
Hope everything goes good.

No will be a good test for kap. Hard stadium to play in.
Lets go.

Really sucks for Alex. Hope he gets another chance elsewhere if this is true. He should be a starter in this league.

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, Alex is not cleared yet for contact. He practiced with a black jersey again today. So why waste reps on him if he may not even dress up. Let Kap prepare fully for this game, because every game is important, every game should be a must-win. If Alex gets cleared over the course of the week, he can dress, but since he didn't get the first team reps, and we don't have to force him back onto the field just yet, let's start Kap. Then next week, Alex can take the first team back. Unless Kap shows he's the real deal, that is.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost similar situation with Notre Dame and their QB situation...

Golson starts because he makes their offense most dynamic behind that defense. And if he slips, then the seasoned Tommy Rees gets in there to clean it up. Now, ND is on the verge of a BCS Champ game berth.

Im all for this if it works out for us. I am still an Alex fan/believer, but we ALL had high hops for Kap and his time may be here sooner than later.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@tunasweasel Alex Smith just told @TDESPN that Harbaugh told him Kaep would get 1st team reps but door open to start gm based on practice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
@tunasweasel Alex Smith just told @TDESPN that Harbaugh told him Kaep would get 1st team reps but door open to start gm based on practice

That pretty much confirms what I just wrote. Read two posts up for the truth. I'm that good.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. This is more in line with a traditional QB competition.

Who is tunaweasel?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
The way I see it, Alex is not cleared yet for contact. He practiced with a black jersey again today. So why waste reps on him if he may not even dress up. Let Kap prepare fully for this game, because every game is important, every game should be a must-win. If Alex gets cleared over the course of the week, he can dress, but since he didn't get the first team reps, and we don't have to force him back onto the field just yet, let's start Kap. Then next week, Alex can take the first team back. Unless Kap shows he's the real deal, that is.

I understand your point, but the reports are that Harbaugh said it wasn't due to health.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. This is more in line with a traditional QB competition.

Who is tunaweasel?

I thought of Will Ferrell and his line from "The Other Guys" Laughing
I know his name isn't tunalion, but I saw the two animals and it reminded me of it.

Quote:
Ok, first off, a lion…swimming in the ocean?
Lions don’t even like water.
If you placed it near a river, or some sort of fresh water source, that’d make sense.
But you find yourself in the ocean, a 20 ft wave, I’m assuming its off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full, grown, 800 lb tuna with his 20 or 30 friends.
You lose that battle. you lose that battle nine times out of ten.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: