Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi Asomugha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these statements best describes your feelings about Nnamdi?
He's still an elite CB, and what we expected
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
He's still a top 10 CB, but he's been a disappointment
34%
 34%  [ 16 ]
He's just a good corner, nothing special, def not worth 15M
48%
 48%  [ 23 ]
He's an average corner now, huge disappointment and should be cut
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
He's a liability in coverage, overhyped and needs to be cut
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 47

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought we cut this guy 4 weeks ago?

pac 10 sceeeee-rub scrub scrub adubdub dub dub scrubadub...

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Nabbs, I agree with you 100% that Nnamdi was the #1 CB on the board when the Eagles signed him, and I will admit that I was drinking the Kool Aid when we signed him. Why? I never closely watched Nnamdi play. I "relied on Sports Center highlights" to tell me that he was a shut-down CB that was arguably better than Revis. We were all wrong.

A simple question was asked: Who else would you have signed instead of Nnamdi Asomugha? I said "Johnathan Joseph because he's $12 million dollars cheaper and he's better than Nnamdi". A bunch of other posters (not you), chimed in telling me that I never saw the Texans play & his game against the Jets was abominable. It wasn't. It wasn't even close. Nnamdi has had like 4 games that were much worse than Joseph's game against the Jets. Whether or not this is all in hindsight doesn't matter one bit. The Eagles front office's job is to get these things right. They screwed up the draft. They screwed up the free agents. "Hindsight" is the only tool that we have to evaluate the moves.

My question to you: If all Nnamdi can do is play press-man coverage, then he *IS NOT* an effective CB. What do you expect Todd Bowles to do with him? What happens when he's not even effective in press-man?

The simple fact is that a lot of the posters on here rely SOLELY on PFF for their analysis of players. They actually use PFF as a substitution for watching the actual game. It's a joke. People who do that are clueless and insult everyone's intelligence when they try to argue a point they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

You could name four games Nnamdi has had worse than that one? Lmao, please go do so. And everyone INCLUDING Texans fans will acknowledge Joseph played absolutely terrible. He got lucky Sanchez overthrew Cromartie but he also missed a jam that led to a 30+ gain. The guy allowed over 100 yards regardless or whatever excuses you use. If you think that game was good, than I don't know what to tell you.

But I'm glad you admitted you didn't see much of Nnamdi in Oakland. I think that is the case for MANY Philly fans and that's why they are surprised at some things such as Nnamdi having trouble getting off blocks. Last year had to be one of the most underrated seasons for Nnamdi as everyone killed him when he was doing what he usually does. RandyMossIsBoss posted some stats showing he still allowed the least amount of yards/catches per snap than ANY CB in the game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut nnamdi after this season costs too much money for a rebuilding team,.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I would cut nnamdi after this season costs too much money for a rebuilding team,.

I would entertain a trade to a team badly needing a CB such as Miami

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
Nabbs, I agree with you 100% that Nnamdi was the #1 CB on the board when the Eagles signed him, and I will admit that I was drinking the Kool Aid when we signed him. Why? I never closely watched Nnamdi play. I "relied on Sports Center highlights" to tell me that he was a shut-down CB that was arguably better than Revis. We were all wrong.

A simple question was asked: Who else would you have signed instead of Nnamdi Asomugha? I said "Johnathan Joseph because he's $12 million dollars cheaper and he's better than Nnamdi". A bunch of other posters (not you), chimed in telling me that I never saw the Texans play & his game against the Jets was abominable. It wasn't. It wasn't even close. Nnamdi has had like 4 games that were much worse than Joseph's game against the Jets. Whether or not this is all in hindsight doesn't matter one bit. The Eagles front office's job is to get these things right. They screwed up the draft. They screwed up the free agents. "Hindsight" is the only tool that we have to evaluate the moves.

My question to you: If all Nnamdi can do is play press-man coverage, then he *IS NOT* an effective CB. What do you expect Todd Bowles to do with him? What happens when he's not even effective in press-man?

The simple fact is that a lot of the posters on here rely SOLELY on PFF for their analysis of players. They actually use PFF as a substitution for watching the actual game. It's a joke. People who do that are clueless and insult everyone's intelligence when they try to argue a point they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

You could name four games Nnamdi has had worse than that one? Lmao, please go do so. And everyone INCLUDING Texans fans will acknowledge Joseph played absolutely terrible. He got lucky Sanchez overthrew Cromartie but he also missed a jam that led to a 30+ gain. The guy allowed over 100 yards regardless or whatever excuses you use. If you think that game was good, than I don't know what to tell you.

But I'm glad you admitted you didn't see much of Nnamdi in Oakland. I think that is the case for MANY Philly fans and that's why they are surprised at some things such as Nnamdi having trouble getting off blocks. Last year had to be one of the most underrated seasons for Nnamdi as everyone killed him when he was doing what he usually does. RandyMossIsBoss posted some stats showing he still allowed the least amount of yards/catches per snap than ANY CB in the game.

Alright, I exaggerated with 4 games, but I'll give you 3 that are games where Nnamdi should have stayed in bed: Baltimore, Atlanta, & Pittsburgh.

I watched the All 22 tape from the Jets\Texans game multiple times. The "100 yards he gave up" is an exaggeration, and not one of the "balls caught against him" resulted in anything positive for the Jets on the scoreboard. Nothing. At. All. Even the long Kerley catch that he lined up in the slot, while Joseph was lined up on the outside didn't result in any points.

Nnamdi's mistakes have killed the Eagles this year, and he should\could have very very very verrrrrrry easily single-handedly blew the Ravens game. Get over this. He's not elite anymore. Not even close.

I'm also very interested in what Texans fans think of Johnathan Joseph and if they would trade him straight up for Nnamdi Asomugah, at this very second. Go ahead and make a thread. I'm interested in seeing how many posts it takes before they laugh you off the stage..
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Baltimore, detroit list goes on.

Nnamdi isnt Worth the 15 mill, but he Can take a pay Cut or move some money around.

And we have to spend money.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Alright, I exaggerated with 4 games, but I'll give you 3 that are games where Nnamdi should have stayed in bed: Baltimore, Atlanta, & Pittsburgh.

I watched the All 22 tape from the Jets\Texans game multiple times. The "100 yards he gave up" is an exaggeration, and not one of the "balls caught against him" resulted in anything positive for the Jets on the scoreboard. Nothing. At. All. Even the long Kerley catch that he lined up in the slot, while Joseph was lined up on the outside didn't result in any points.

Nnamdi's mistakes have killed the Eagles this year, and he should\could have very very very verrrrrrry easily single-handedly blew the Ravens game. Get over this. He's not elite anymore. Not even close.

I'm also very interested in what Texans fans think of Johnathan Joseph and if they would trade him straight up for Nnamdi Asomugah, at this very second. Go ahead and make a thread. I'm interested in seeing how many posts it takes before they laugh you off the stage..

Oh, so the Steelers game was worse? Please explain that one, since Nnamdi allowed WAY less yards than Joseph did against the Jets. Just because none of the catches mattered in the scoreboard doesn't mean crap. Joseph allows a big catch but since Watt deflects a ball that results in a INT it's all good right? Gotcha! So Nnamdi very very verrrryyyy easily single-handidly could have lost the game against the Ravens, but did he? Since he didn't, lets not talk about that game as you did the same with Joseph. Also, he allowed two catches in that game even though one was for a TD.

When did I say Texans fans would trade Joseph for Asomugha? I'm stating what their fans said in the GDT in the General forum. Everyone was upset at him, but yeah lets twist my words. Now, since he got DESTROYED by the Packers but it was with a great QB in Rodgers, that doesn't count right? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Baltimore, detroit list goes on.

Nnamdi isnt Worth the 15 mill, but he Can take a pay Cut or move some money around.

And we have to spend money.

Not Detroit, they like their CBs to be physical.

Miami would be a nice fit for him - they play a lot of man, have a lot of cap space and have spare draft picks.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:

Oh, so the Steelers game was worse? Please explain that one, since Nnamdi allowed WAY less yards than Joseph did against the Jets. Just because none of the catches mattered in the scoreboard doesn't mean crap. Joseph allows a big catch but since Watt deflects a ball that results in a INT it's all good right? Gotcha! So Nnamdi very very verrrryyyy easily single-handidly could have lost the game against the Ravens, but did he? Since he didn't, lets not talk about that game as you did the same with Joseph. Also, he allowed two catches in that game even though one was for a TD.

Yes. The Steelers game was worse. Yes. The replacement refs gifted Nnamdi with an offensive PI call during the Ravens game that would have made it 27-17 Baltimore. Jacoby Jones ran by him all game long.

GET OFF PFF AND ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES. J-ALL-DAY.
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
When did I say Texans fans would trade Joseph for Asomugha? I'm stating what their fans said in the GDT in the General forum. Everyone was upset at him, but yeah lets twist my words. Now, since he got DESTROYED by the Packers but it was with a great QB in Rodgers, that doesn't count right? Laughing

Aaron Rodgers went 24 for 37 for 338 yards and 6 TDs that week. He destroyed the entire Texans defense that week. Johnathan Joseph included.

Don't rely on the fans in the GDT. Don't rely on PFF. Watch the game again. Form your own opinion. Stop regurgitating crap that you have ZERO actual proof of. I have all-22 game film of every game. You have "GDT threads & ProFootballFocus". I win.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now he got "gifted" a PI penalty Laughing . Jones pushed off simple as that. You probably thought Nnamdi got a gifted PI penalty against Megatron as well .

Wait, you're telling me to actually watch the games LMAO. Joseph got destroyed two weeks in a row simple as that. I don't care if it was Rodgers at QB or Sanchez, he got beat repeatedly. I don't need to watch all-22 when both games were on primetime.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say keep him hes a good corner his money is price tho its just a down year for philly . They obviously need to draft a QB and focus alot on the OL and also look for depth at safety and LB's.

Philly horrible worst ive ever seen and a month ago they where just #1 in the division.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Id say keep him hes a good corner his money is price tho its just a down year for philly . They obviously need to draft a QB and focus alot on the OL and also look for depth at safety and LB's.

Philly horrible worst ive ever seen and a month ago they where just #1 in the division.

^^^This is exactly why we should cut Nnamdi.
Overpaid over-the-hill players = Washington Redskins.

Let's not become that, God, please.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Dashing wrote:

At least Jeffrey Lurie isn't no Dan Snyder. Laughing
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Who then do you advocate we play at corner?

Nnamdi spoke candidly and truthfully recently to the Philly reporters, and showed a willingness to take a pay cut in order to stay here. That would be the best option IMO.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: