Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi Asomugha
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these statements best describes your feelings about Nnamdi?
He's still an elite CB, and what we expected
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
He's still a top 10 CB, but he's been a disappointment
34%
 34%  [ 16 ]
He's just a good corner, nothing special, def not worth 15M
48%
 48%  [ 23 ]
He's an average corner now, huge disappointment and should be cut
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
He's a liability in coverage, overhyped and needs to be cut
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 47

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Nnamdi Asomugha Reply with quote

Nnamdi has become perhaps the most polarizing Eagle over the past few weeks, at least here on FF, so I wanted to get a better idea of what the majority of Eagles fans think of Nnamdi.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere between 12-16 range right now overall. Should make about half of what he does.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good corner on the decline. Stealing paychecks at this point.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who says he's a top 10 or elite CB is out of their mind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's fringe top ten, like McMc said, but that says more about the state of NFL corners than him. He's still ok, but not worth the dinero he's getting.

I think if our new coaching staff can improve all-around safety play it would help him greatly if he's still here. Which I think he will after a pay cut...something like 7 million with a 1.5 mil bonus and incentives to get back the money if he'd improve maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he plays like he did against Calvin Johnson, you think he is still a top 5 CB. But he is definitely on the decline now and has lost an step. I feel like he is better then he is playing right now, and just seem unmotivated with way things are going, like most of our other players.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
When he plays like he did against Calvin Johnson, you think he is still a top 5 CB. But he is definitely on the decline now and has lost an step. I feel like he is better then he is playing right now, and just seem unmotivated with way things are going, like most of our other players.

Glad I'm not alone in noticing this.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted the second option but the reality is somewhere between the second and third options.

It's kind of funny how quickly he went from pretty overrated to really underrated. Either the goat or a disaster Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Guess I'm one of the 7 crazy's thus far then. I guarantee you could make a list of 10 CB that are supposedly better and each one of them to a man has had his own issues this season. The problem with Eagle fans in general is that they have a tendency to set a standard so high it's damn near unattainable. Why people thought he would come in here and allow Zero catches a game, Dominate every WR matchup, Have 15 INT, Win DPOY just shows how ridiculous those expectations were. Yes that was the type of talk during the whole dream team BS last summer by many of you! Fact is there is not and was not a better CB on the market the eagles could have signed during FA. Not one CB would have come in here and met your expectations. The fact many of you are whining about his contract as though he is the only over paid player who's not met expectations on this team and in the NFL is a joke. The fact many of you seem to think he is so easily replaceable is a joke. If you want him to take a pay cut in order to sign additional players thats one thing. For any of you who want to cut Nnamdi based purely on his overall play because any Tom ,Dic$ or Harry can come in and do what he does, your the crazy ones.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All though he hasnt lived up to the hype of being the best CB in the game, I still like Aso a lot. I would really like to see him return and hopefully we can get Nate and Kurt to stop biting on PA fakes.

Nnamdi's game against Megatron was amazing, unfortunately this season even though his stats are pretty damn good. It's still not good enough.

I still wanna keep Nnamdi, he's a very good player and he can still play at a very high level as long as we surround him with safeties that can have his back once in a while.

Also it would help if our D-Line hit the QB more often. Lack of pressure can make a great CB look average and vice versa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Meco wrote:

Guess I'm one of the 7 crazy's thus far then. I guarantee you could make a list of 10 CB that are supposedly better and each one of them to a man has had his own issues this season. The problem with Eagle fans in general is that they have a tendency to set a standard so high it's damn near unattainable. Why people thought he would come in here and allow Zero catches a game, Dominate every WR matchup, Have 15 INT, Win DPOY just shows how ridiculous those expectations were. Yes that was the type of talk during the whole dream team BS last summer by many of you! Fact is there is not and was not a better CB on the market the eagles could have signed during FA. Not one CB would have come in here and met your expectations. The fact many of you are whining about his contract as though he is the only over paid player who's not met expectations on this team and in the NFL is a joke. The fact many of you seem to think he is so easily replaceable is a joke. If you want him to take a pay cut in order to sign additional players thats one thing. For any of you who want to cut Nnamdi based purely on his overall play because any Tom ,Dic$ or Harry can come in and do what he does, your the crazy ones.

Johnathan Joseph > Nnamdi Asomugha

And about $12 million cheaper over the same 5 year contract. Plus he can cover. Which, you know, is his job.

Nnamdi is the highest paid CB in the NFL. Being the highest paid CB in the NFL, you better be the best CB in the NFL, or damn near it. Nnamdi is stealing money. There is no way in hell he deserves even half of that money.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Meco wrote:

Johnathan Joseph > Nnamdi Asomugha

And about $12 million cheaper over the same 5 year contract. Plus he can cover. Which, you know, is his job.

Nnamdi is the highest paid CB in the NFL. Being the highest paid CB in the NFL, you better be the best CB in the NFL, or damn near it. Nnamdi is stealing money. There is no way in hell he deserves even half of that money.

And had Joseph signed here instead and utilized by the same two inept DC as Nanmdi has, youl'd be complaining about his salary and calling for his head as well. Of that I have no doubt.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted #3.

He's better than the Patterson's and Hobbs' we've had before, but he isn't worth the highest paid cornerback.

However, he isn't be utilised as well as he should be.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted #2.

But it's probably somewhere between 2 and 3.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Blahman88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted 3 with no pants on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: