Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The hits keep coming- Chandler and Mankins ruled out vs Jets
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: The hits keep coming- Chandler and Mankins ruled out vs Jets Reply with quote

We just can not catch a break this season. Minus a dropped Stephen Hill pass and a McGahee gaff, this team hasn't caught a break all season. One could argue the fumbles, but it's not like any of them bounced around for ten yards straight to Patriots players like the Giants superbowl voodoo.

More injures. Bright side I suppose is Connolly is expected to play as far as I know.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Brace
Patrick Chung
Dan Connolly
Steve Gregory
Aaron Hernandez
Dont'a Hightower
Brandon Lloyd
Nick McDonald
Trevor Scott
Brandon Spikes
Sebastian Vollmer
Wes Welker
Tracy White

So I realize that BB lists everyone for every little scratch, but all of those guys were listed as questionable and limited in practice. Doesn't he usually list those kind of injuries (ie. Bradys shoulder) as probable usually? Also I realize guys like White and Gregory aren't exactly superstars, but Welker, Spikes, Vollmer, Lloyd, etc. etc. that's a lot of high profile guys we are counting on.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samgurl775


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 11422
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could easily go in the GDT or the "next four weeks" thread or even the injuries thread.
_________________

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22013
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaah -lots of order without chaos. Sad
_________________
NBT's Prime Pimpage:
1. Justin Hunter
2. Aaron Dobson
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46527
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunningham has been coming on strong the last few games. I think the Pats can survive with him starting in Chandler's place.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
terbo559


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 3091
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Mankins and Jones just rest until the playoffs. Donald Thomas and Jermaine Cunningham are still solid backups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3233
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has what looked like a mildly sprained ankle, I don't think he's resting until the playoffs.
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troy Brown


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 24145
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mankins was out last week. Good player and essential to our long term success, but not for tomorrow night.
_________________
MAYBE YOUR BEST COURSE WOULD BE TO TREAD LIGHTLY

ELRammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23574
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising on either front.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJoftheSWA


Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 131
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makeshift OL still did well.
_________________


Unstoppable-Alex Smith is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Troy Brown


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 24145
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJoftheSWA wrote:
Makeshift OL still did well.


As it has all year. We're very fortunate as a fanbase.
_________________
MAYBE YOUR BEST COURSE WOULD BE TO TREAD LIGHTLY

ELRammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenboyGB


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 10657
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
JJoftheSWA wrote:
Makeshift OL still did well.


As it has all year. We're very fortunate as a fanbase.


I don't know about numbers but from the straight on eye test they are even getting Brady I feel hit a lot less. Last year we would always start slow Brady would get knocked around and then the line would start stringing it a long.

Now the line is just taking to the ground (always been a better run blocking unit) and is also killing it up front with no names basically playing. Tons of credit to Scar but also to the players like Thomas, Wendell and Solder who are always not perfect but give it 100%. Those guys have been the new youth wave.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3696
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenboyGB wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
JJoftheSWA wrote:
Makeshift OL still did well.


As it has all year. We're very fortunate as a fanbase.


I don't know about numbers but from the straight on eye test they are even getting Brady I feel hit a lot less. Last year we would always start slow Brady would get knocked around and then the line would start stringing it a long.

Now the line is just taking to the ground (always been a better run blocking unit) and is also killing it up front with no names basically playing. Tons of credit to Scar but also to the players like Thomas, Wendell and Solder who are always not perfect but give it 100%. Those guys have been the new youth wave.


What confuses me is that this is the exact same line that was constantly buckling like wet tissue paper in the pre-season.

That said, it's been a while since we faced a really good d-line. The 49ers and Texans are going to test them.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emergence of Wendell and Thomas have been a blessing. These guys have played way better than I expected them to this year. Also Solder somehow got his act together after looking horrifically bad in the preseason.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenboyGB


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 10657
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
GoldenboyGB wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
JJoftheSWA wrote:
Makeshift OL still did well.


As it has all year. We're very fortunate as a fanbase.


I don't know about numbers but from the straight on eye test they are even getting Brady I feel hit a lot less. Last year we would always start slow Brady would get knocked around and then the line would start stringing it a long.

Now the line is just taking to the ground (always been a better run blocking unit) and is also killing it up front with no names basically playing. Tons of credit to Scar but also to the players like Thomas, Wendell and Solder who are always not perfect but give it 100%. Those guys have been the new youth wave.


What confuses me is that this is the exact same line that was constantly buckling like wet tissue paper in the pre-season.

That said, it's been a while since we faced a really good d-line. The 49ers and Texans are going to test them.


Hasn't been too long. We just haven't seen the pressure from where it normally comes from (up the middle) since Koppen/Dan has been replaced and Wendell is doing a decent job of that.

I still wouldn't trust Cannon playing the wrong position big boy. We need to draft OL or sign some crafty cheap vet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group