Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carimi coud be benched for Jonathon Scott this week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
But yeah, well done Angelo, another superb first round pick.

Carimi was almost universally loved on draft day on this board. I don't seem to remember a lot of people carrying a torch for Derek Sherrod.
I wasn't high on Carimi. I would've taken Sherrod over Carimi.

Thats not something to brag about, haha, 1. Rodgers is one of the few QB's who gets sacked more than Cutler, 2. Sherrod has pretty much been beat out by a late round pick(Newhouse) for the past 2 years to begin with

If you count being on IR with a broken leg "beaten out" then sure. He was looking good last year until he got hurt.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Carimi was almost universally loved on draft day on this board. I don't seem to remember a lot of people carrying a torch for Derek Sherrod.

Thats not something to brag about, haha, 1. Rodgers is one of the few QB's who gets sacked more than Cutler, 2. Sherrod has pretty much been beat out by a late round pick(Newhouse) for the past 2 years to begin with

If you count being on IR with a broken leg "beaten out" then sure. He was looking good last year until he got hurt.

Im not sure about "looking good"....also Carimi was injured too if we are talking in comparisons still. Cool

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Yeah we can't blame Angelo, almost everyone loved the pick and were devastated when we lost him last season.

I see your point yeah, but from a personal point of view I don't get to see much college football over here so I'm never sure about the prospects we draft apart from hearing what people say on here so can never say if I was high on him or not. But still, I make it that, in Angelo's 10 or so years here he had just two good first round picks: Tommie Harris and Greg Olsen. Who knows, Carimi may still turn it around, but JA's first round picks were for the most part really bad...
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Im not sure about "looking good"....also Carimi was injured too if we are talking in comparisons still. Cool

Wasn't comparing at all. Just trying to bring some perspective in. Sherrod wasn't beaten out like you said. He was actually playing RT for an injured Bulaga last year and looked pretty good doing so (he looked bad in practice b/c MM had him cross-training at LG- he looked bad there) but at Tackle he was holding his own. Then he shattered his leg- hardly "beaten out".

So that is your second point thrashed. So now to your first. If in fact Rodgers is sacked more than Cutler (I have no idea, but I bet you're right), then maybe Sherrod being IR'd or hurt for more than 12 of the last 18 or so games may have something to do with that.

Either way, I glad we got Sherrod and not Carimi- tons of Packer fans who are also Badger fans that really wanted Carimi on draft day. Glad you guys got stuck with him instead.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of Marc Colombo, I means Gabe Carimi.

I really think that his knee is affecting him and may not ever get better. He has 0 lateral movement right now.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Wasn't comparing at all. Just trying to bring some perspective in. Sherrod wasn't beaten out like you said. He was actually playing RT for an injured Bulaga last year and looked pretty good doing so (he looked bad in practice b/c MM had him cross-training at LG- he looked bad there) but at Tackle he was holding his own. Then he shattered his leg- hardly "beaten out".

So that is your second point thrashed. So now to your first. If in fact Rodgers is sacked more than Cutler (I have no idea, but I bet you're right), then maybe Sherrod being IR'd or hurt for more than 12 of the last 18 or so games may have something to do with that.

Either way, I glad we got Sherrod and not Carimi- tons of Packer fans who are also Badger fans that really wanted Carimi on draft day. Glad you guys got stuck with him instead.

Thrashed is pretty harsh words bro Shocked

Im not going to pretend I know the Packers OL history but I think you made my point for me, if he was playing RT for an injured Bulaga, then HE WAS beaten out by Newhouse on the left side then right?? And he was beaten out by Bulaga on the Right side as well(not that thats his fault though)

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ at all the ppl who said that Carimi was the Bears best lineman last season before going out on IR with a knee injury. That was such a joke of a comment. Anyway, this kid has a lot of work to do if he's going to remain a starter in this league.

I think they should consider switching him to the interior line at LG for next year and try to salvage anything left in the guy because he sure doesn't look like a tackle. It was pretty embarrassing what Aldon Smith did to him the other night.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
LOLZ at all the ppl who said that Carimi was the Bears best lineman last season before going out on IR with a knee injury. That was such a joke of a comment. Anyway, this kid has a lot of work to do if he's going to remain a starter in this league.

I think they should consider switching him to the interior line at LG for next year and try to salvage anything left in the guy because he sure doesn't look like a tackle. It was pretty embarrassing what Aldon Smith did to him the other night.

Yeah like Mike Tice.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Yeah like Mike Tice.

Mike Tice has no credibility to me. He was supposed to come in and help transform this o-line into something somewhat respectable and they are still to this day one of the laughing stocks in the NFL. He has also badly sucked as a play caller this season and got chirped right out by Jay Cutler on national television in Dallas a few weeks back. Guy's a joke.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Thrashed is pretty harsh words bro Shocked

Im not going to pretend I know the Packers OL history but I think you made my point for me, if he was playing RT for an injured Bulaga, then HE WAS beaten out by Newhouse on the left side then right?? And he was beaten out by Bulaga on the Right side as well(not that thats his fault though)

Well, last year he wasn't really beaten out. We had Chad Clifton at LT. He wasn't expected to start right away. And we gave Newhouse the shot at LT because he practiced there all camp. Sherrod practiced at LG. We started working Sherrod in at OT, then he broke his leg.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ESPN's Michael C. Wright...
Quote:

Gabe Carimi has been ushered to the bench, according to multiple sources.

That was tweeted an hour ago so looks like they've made a decision.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 5 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

GB does pass most of the time though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carimi/Sherrod debate is easy, they both suck.

Carimi needed to be benched his play was becoming a safety issue for other players.

I doubt Carimi can play OG he can't move at all right now.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
On the topic of Marc Colombo, I means Gabe Carimi.

I really think that his knee is affecting him and may not ever get better. He has 0 lateral movement right now.
If that is true they need to sit him immediately. But perhaps it won't hurt the knee to keep playing as he learns in which case leave him be and it will get better.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I start up the "bench jon scott" thread now just to get it out of the way?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: