Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remixxxxxxx's offseason overhaul V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34378
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
trent cole and brandon graham have no business in one.


Trent Cole would be average, but Brandon Graham belongs in a 3-4 defense.

Quote:
That defense would suck.


It wouldn't be worse then what we have now. It's part of a rebuilding process, your units aren't going to be very good.



Well you could not switch to a 3-4 and play to your better veterans strengths? I mean that only makes sense.


When Green Bay started the 3-4 switch the had a similar lineup to this; as does Indy this year, and it's work fine for both unit. I think you're just blindly hating on a 3-4 defense at this point.

The only "veterans" we have would be Trent Cole and DeMeco Ryans at this point. So it actually doesn't make sense to play to 2 out of 11 players "strengths".


No I strongly believe we don't have any nose tackles or good 3-4 OLB. And without those playing that style of defense is pointless.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12344
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like the draft, it's similar to what I've been thinking about lately.

The coaches hired is nice, not a huge fan of switching to 3-4, but if we get a good HC/DC that wants it, I'm okay with it.

Not a huge fan of the Matt Flynn trade though. He couldn't beat out Russell Wilson and Joe Philbin didn't want him in Miami.


Thanks.

I think Matt Flynn[for a fourth round pick] gives us a stable backup/starter option, and we have a staff that knows what he's capable of. It gives a chance to secure a franchise LT and S, and gives us a shot to pick a QB early next year[if necessary]. I don't really think he got a fair shot with Seattle, Wilson was Pete Carrol's "save me" plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34378
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also when green bay switched they went out and spent high picks on adding guys to their defense.


You have us taking an offensive tackle and a safety. That's not going to help us switch to a 3-4.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12344
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Also when green bay switched they went out and spent high picks on adding guys to their defense.


You have us taking an offensive tackle and a safety. That's not going to help us switch to a 3-4.


Alright we're getting nowhere and your to stubborn to argue with - I want feedback on this draft. I get your stance, just gonna stop it here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34378
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Also when green bay switched they went out and spent high picks on adding guys to their defense.


You have us taking an offensive tackle and a safety. That's not going to help us switch to a 3-4.


Alright we're getting nowhere and your to stubborn to argue with - I want feedback on this draft. I get your stance, just gonna stop it here.



Draft feedback, if you want us to switch to a 3-4 take a defensive front 7 player at pick 6.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36812
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Cullen Jenkins trade, I don't see it happens.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12344
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Also when green bay switched they went out and spent high picks on adding guys to their defense.


You have us taking an offensive tackle and a safety. That's not going to help us switch to a 3-4.


Alright we're getting nowhere and your to stubborn to argue with - I want feedback on this draft. I get your stance, just gonna stop it here.



Draft feedback, if you want us to switch to a 3-4 take a defensive front 7 player at pick 6.


It's not feedback, it's you blindy crying about a 3-4 defense. This draft has us taking the BPA in the first three rounds, which is what needs to be done. Where we're picking there's no 3-4 piece at six overall for us to pick and we should not be reaching, that's why we're as bad as we are now. If we're picking and Jarvis Jones is still available, I would be all for picking him, but I have him going at three in my draft.

I believe we got a potential first round prospect in Jenkins in the fourth round due to injury, he has the ability to turn into a good 3-4 OLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34378
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok remixxxx I will leave you alone about the defense, but what is your reasoning on flynn?


Franchise qb? Stop gap?
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PhiCelek87


Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 2002
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I think Matt Flynn[for a fourth round pick] gives us a stable backup/starter option, and we have a staff that knows what he's capable of. It gives a chance to secure a franchise LT and S, and gives us a shot to pick a QB early next year[if necessary]. I don't really think he got a fair shot with Seattle, Wilson was Pete Carrol's "save me" plan.


I was thinking about this the other day - Flynn as competition and a potential starting option and I really came to like the idea. He's shown upside in the past and he could made a stink this offseason about wanting to start (and Wilson has established himself sufficiently at this point that he's probably not worth the noise to Seattle).

I really think the Eagles will need to bring someone in to, at least, push Foles. I'm not nuts about any of the QBs in the draft (like Wilson/Manuel, love Murray but doubt he's coming out) and the offseason could be better utilized filling in holes elsewhere on the roster.

Your best option on free agency is Matt Moore, who everyone's seen enough of to know he's nothing more than a stopgap. At least with Flynn, there is some evidence of upside beyond being a stopgap.

If Foles or Flynn turn into a franchise passer - great. You are already one step ahead of the curve and can continue revampin the rest of the roster. If not, you take your QB in next year's draft, when the roster will be more stable to accomodate a rookie QB.

This offseason is better utilized getting the rest of the roster straightened out and laying a foundation for the direction of the team. I'd rather expend a pick on a QB when the roster around him is set for him to succeed. Rebuild the lines first and then take your QB - or you can find out if your QB is already on your roster.

Biggest question is price - not going higher than a 4th on Flynn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12344
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Ok remixxxx I will leave you alone about the defense, but what is your reasoning on flynn?


Franchise qb? Stop gap?


I don't believe Matt Flynn to be a franchise quarterback, let me get that out now. I do believe Matt Flynn to be better then any quarterback on the market this season, and someone who our offensive coordinator is familiar with. It's someone we can turn to if Nick Foles isn't the answer, or if he plays better then Foles in training camp and pre-season.

If need be, we can get a Bridgewater, Renner, Carr, or Boyd sometime in the draft next year. It's just a high upside stop-gap option at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12344
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Biggest question is price - not going higher than a 4th on Flynn.


I actually talked to Saveoursonics about this topic. I already had him pegged with a fourth and he confirmed that notion via private message. I also brought up the idea of a trade involving Maclin[Seattle needs a WR] and Flynn, and he said that could work as well. There's a couple roads we can go down to aquire Flynn, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21788
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid offseason, wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21788
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid offseason, wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group