Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to do with Matt Flynn...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

How do you come to the conclusion that i am calling Wilson bad? I said he beat Flynn out which means they think he is better.

You said the fact that Wilson won the job means Flynn has no value. Well Wilson has been great and shows a lot of potential - that doesn't kill his value unless you think Wilson is kind of bad?
[/quote]

You got it wrong that wasn't my reasoning at all i said nobody wanted Flynn besides us and the Dolphins he didn't get some huge contract not saying Flynn is bad at all i just don't think there is a lot of trade value going off of his FA market.

That is just my opinion though hey i could be wrong and i actually would like to be proofed wrong so we can get some good value for him.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
trade for a third rounder+

Done.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

How do you come to the conclusion that i am calling Wilson bad? I said he beat Flynn out which means they think he is better.

You said the fact that Wilson won the job means Flynn has no value. Well Wilson has been great and shows a lot of potential - that doesn't kill his value unless you think Wilson is kind of bad?

You got it wrong that wasn't my reasoning at all i said nobody wanted Flynn besides us and the Dolphins he didn't get some huge contract not saying Flynn is bad at all i just don't think there is a lot of trade value going off of his FA market.

That is just my opinion though hey i could be wrong and i actually would like to be proofed wrong so we can get some good value for him.

The reason Flynn's trade value was so low back then, was because you had 3 QB's that much of the league considered "true franchise guys" in the upcoming draft (Luck, RG3 and Tannenhill). Flynn was being weighed against those guys and teams decided to take their chance in the draft, to get a young QB that they could build from the ground up. This year, there is no real franchise QB's out there. Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are all getting mixed reviews. This QB class is significantly worse. That changes a lot of things.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

The reason Flynn's trade value was so low back then, was because you had 3 QB's that much of the league considered "true franchise guys" in the upcoming draft (Luck, RG3 and Tannenhill). Flynn was being weighed against those guys and teams decided to take their chance in the draft, to get a young QB that they could build from the ground up. This year, there is no real franchise QB's out there. Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are all getting mixed reviews. This QB class is significantly worse. That changes a lot of things.

not to mention peyton was a free agent

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

I think teams got a sense of where Peyton was going once he had his list down to 3 teams.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

I think teams got a sense of where Peyton was going once he had his list down to 3 teams.

flynn was still second fiddle

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

Exactly. I forgot about that one.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Quote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Quote:

It didn't matter though. That was still one more QB needy team that was able to fill their need, with a guy who was more highly regarded than Flynn. This year, there aren't gonna be those type of options out there for teams. Flynn is gonna be an attractive option.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any team thought that Flynn was a franchise caliber QB, they wouldn't have let him sit on the market for so long and they wouldn't have allowed him to sign with us for so little.

I honestly do not care what your speculation is because it is almost entirely based on your opinion, which we've seen proven wrong on several accounts. I'm dealing with the facts of the matter. If any team valued Flynn as a 2nd round player last offseason (and there's no reason to think his value, without context, has risen) they would not have allowed him to sit on the market. I don't care if Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers were all free agents and you had the most amazing freaking draft class for QBs ever. No team would allow Flynn to get scooped up for borderline backup money.

Clearly you're just trying to be an optimist with his trade value.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
If any team thought that Flynn was a franchise caliber QB, they wouldn't have let him sit on the market for so long and they wouldn't have allowed him to sign with us for so little.

I honestly do not care what your speculation is because it is almost entirely based on your opinion, which we've seen proven wrong on several accounts. I'm dealing with the facts of the matter. If any team valued Flynn as a 2nd round player last offseason (and there's no reason to think his value, without context, has risen) they would not have allowed him to sit on the market. I don't care if Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers were all free agents and you had the most amazing freaking draft class for QBs ever. No team would allow Flynn to get scooped up for borderline backup money.

No. You're just not understanding. That is clear. Time changes things. Are you telling me that there are 3 clear franchise QB's in this draft, as there was thought to be in the last one? Look how many teams need immediate starters at QB. Jacksonville, Kansas City, New York Jets, and possibly teams like Arizona and Philadelphia could be looking to make changes at QB as well. You tell me which free agents or backups would be valued as high as Flynn? You know as well as I do, that need sets the market price in the NFL and there are a lot of teams in need of a QB. Last year, all the teams ahead of us filled their needs in the draft and free agency. The reason we were the only ones in the running for Flynn, was because we were the only team not in position to land Peyton Manning or one of the top 3 rookie QB's. Once Peyton signed, it was pretty much set that Indy, Washington and Miami would land Luck, RG3 and Tannenhill. They didn't need to make a play for Flynn. That's not my opinion, that's just common sense. It's not rocket science! Rolling Eyes
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we'll find out when Flynn goes for less than a 2nd or 3rd+ Laughing
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I guess we'll find out when Flynn goes for less than a 2nd or 3rd+ Laughing

In that case, I'd keep him, because we'd be giving up less than he was worth to us as an elite backup.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn could very well be the #1 option at QB for most teams this offseason, that definitely makes a difference. If we get anything less than a third (with a 6th rounder or depth player thrown in) it's not a good deal). Demand > Supply this offseason

If if i'm a QB needy team, i gladly take a chance in the 3rd round on flynn over one of the draft's major projects in the first.

wwhickok wrote:

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Flynn could very well be the #1 option at QB for most teams this offseason, that definitely makes a difference. If we get anything less than a third (with a 6th rounder or depth player thrown in) it's not a good deal). Demand > Supply this offseason

If if i'm a QB needy team, i gladly take a chance in the 3rd round on flynn over one of the draft's major projects in the first.

Agreed.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

No. You're just not understanding. That is clear. Time changes things. Are you telling me that there are 3 clear franchise QB's in this draft, as there was thought to be in the last one? Look how many teams need immediate starters at QB. Jacksonville, Kansas City, New York Jets, and possibly teams like Arizona and Philadelphia could be looking to make changes at QB as well. You tell me which free agents or backups would be valued as high as Flynn? You know as well as I do, that need sets the market price in the NFL and there are a lot of teams in need of a QB. Last year, all the teams ahead of us filled their needs in the draft and free agency. The reason we were the only ones in the running for Flynn, was because we were the only team not in position to land Peyton Manning or one of the top 3 rookie QB's. Once Peyton signed, it was pretty much set that Indy, Washington and Miami would land Luck, RG3 and Tannenhill. They didn't need to make a play for Flynn. That's not my opinion, that's just common sense. It's not rocket science! Rolling Eyes

Geno Smith,Barkley and Collin Klein could fill some of those spots i am with SOS on this one i don't really see a supply and demand for Flynn otherwise we would have payed more for him last Off Season and not gotten him for such a good deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: