Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT Revenge with a side of Manning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win
Broncos
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
Chiefs
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
This game proved one thing to me...

I dont see how we dont make a splash in FA/draft for a impact DT. If Wolfe will continue to play DE then this team needs a DT to clog the middle. Jamal Charles and the Chiefs showed that this team still has a weakness, defending the run.

True. Other than 30 year old Big Vick we have nobody. And with that sort of positional make-up, a Te'o would not have the same kind of impact as he has in South Bend with their D-line. Build from the inside out. Jonathan Hankins seems to slide down draft boards. I bet Rodgers, JDR and Fox can light a fire under his behind. Louis Nix is another big bodied DT I like. Floyd I haven't seen yet.

In terms of the Chiefs game, they didn't gash us up the middle but with stretch plays. And as far as I remember usually up Doom's side.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
This game proved one thing to me...

I dont see how we dont make a splash in FA/draft for a impact DT. If Wolfe will continue to play DE then this team needs a DT to clog the middle. Jamal Charles and the Chiefs showed that this team still has a weakness, defending the run.

Well, we'll get a better indication shortly. Ray Rice, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson and Charles again should answer that question one way or another.

Big difference though between KC and Balt or TB. If you load up to stop the run against the latter, they've got QB's that can tear you up.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw gronks parents at the game. they sat a couple rows behind me. his mom didnt look too bad Very Happy
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a JPP or justin tuck type of DE to replace doom.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
We need a JPP or justin tuck type of DE to replace doom.
Or to think more immediate, Wolfe. So we can move him inside where he belongs.

I think Ayers deserves more PT to be honest. I'd like our Defense more if we moved Wolfe inside to replace Bannan and started Ayers.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I've certainly learned my lesson in calling a guy a bust in his rookie year after what Rahim Moore has done. But I'll say I am becoming skeptical of Ronnie Hillman and his ability to ever be a 1,000 yard rusher. He can't do anything unless given a massive amount of space and I feel his speed is really overrated.

You just went from saying you wont call a player a bust after his rookie year then went and called someone a bust during his rookie year.
Brick wall

Since when is saying I am getting skeptical about somebody mean that I am calling them a career bust...?! Reading problems or what?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another side note from the game. i loved how well us broncos fans showed up to support the team in arrowhead. it was a sight to see. so much orange and blue i loved it. heard so many people complaining on the radio today about that haha
BRONCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
another side note from the game. i loved how well us broncos fans showed up to support the team in arrowhead. it was a sight to see. so much orange and blue i loved it. heard so many people complaining on the radio today about that haha

I was also there and it was amazing when the Broncos scored a touchdown how much cheering I heard.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things in regard to the discussion.

- I thought the OL played good vs KC. They opened up holes in the run game and aside from Clady and Franklin each getting beat by Justin Houston, they provided Manning with consistent time. Manning and the receivers had a poor game. Manning stepped into pressure numerous times and it seemed he either wasn't finding the open receiver or that the receivers just weren't getting open. I thought Denver's OL outperformed the KC front 7 for much of the game.

- The problems stopping the run defensively falls on the entire front 7. Of course some players were worse than others, but KC attacked the edge and their backs were making one cut and there weren't any broncos there to fill the lane. Dumervil was terrible setting the edge and Von Miller struggled here and there as well. Vickerson was getting some penetration and Wolfe made some plays working down the line, but aside from those 2 occasionally doing this the interior didn't provide any support eliminating the one cuts. The LB's didn't help much in this area either (I would have liked to have seen Irving get some reps, filling cut back lanes seems to be a strength of his based on previous playing time). Woodyard does a terrible job of getting through traffic and Brooking just can't get there in time is gets blocked. All of that spells trouble defending the run.

As far as help at DT goes, I personally think they need an active DT as opposed to a clogger. At least from what I have seen denver's run defense is weak at the edges (again there is more at fault than just the DT's) but a DT that can get in the backfield as well as work down the LOS would really help in this area. Maybe a Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd. A better RE would help equally as much, but I'm not going to get into that because Elvis Dumervil and is contract I don't see going anywhere any time soon.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I've certainly learned my lesson in calling a guy a bust in his rookie year after what Rahim Moore has done. But I'll say I am becoming skeptical of Ronnie Hillman and his ability to ever be a 1,000 yard rusher. He can't do anything unless given a massive amount of space and I feel his speed is really overrated.

You just went from saying you wont call a player a bust after his rookie year then went and called someone a bust during his rookie year.
Brick wall

Since when is saying I am getting skeptical about somebody mean that I am calling them a career bust...?! Reading problems or what?

Come on.

You are making an assumption that you are beginning to doubt Hillmans skills, leading to him being a bust, right after you said you hate calling players busts in their first season.

Im sure Im not the only who feels the same way. The way you wrote it, it makes it come across like youre calling Hillman a bust. Its not me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Brick wall

Come on.

You are making an assumption that you are beginning to doubt Hillmans skills, leading to him being a bust, right after you said you hate calling players busts in their first season.

Im sure Im not the only who feels the same way. The way you wrote it, it makes it come across like youre calling Hillman a bust. Its not me.

No you made an assumption. I never called him a career bust. But the way he was hyped as some elusive speed back could not be farther from the truth from what I've seen so far in his rookie season. For a guy that size and to be that slow is worrisome.

I started my post saying I won't call a guy a bust after his rookie season. You took my criticism of him and ASSUMED I was saying he'll never amount to anything. I'm aloud to make observations without saying he's a bust. It's called being a realist.

He is the youngest player in the NFL so maybe the learning curve is just to big for him right now. Maybe he's doubting himself. It could be a lot of things. But his inability to make people miss, gain yards after contact, and outrun people has been a problem. Especially for a guy who was supposed to excel in those areas.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Maybe he's nicked up or something, but Ronnie Hillman doesn't really seem all that fast to me either. As small as he is, he needs to be the fastest guy on the field. Doesn't really seem to be. I think he's quick, but he's no where NEAR Trindon Holliday, which is what I was expecting after all the hype on him after the draft. Speaking of which; god damn Holliday looks fast. In a full pads footrace, I'd put him against anyone in the league.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Brick wall

Come on.

No you made an assumption. I never called him a career bust. But the way he was hyped as some elusive speed back could not be farther from the truth from what I've seen so far in his rookie season. For a guy that size and to be that slow is worrisome.

I started my post saying I won't call a guy a bust after his rookie season. You took my criticism of him and ASSUMED I was saying he'll never amount to anything. I'm aloud to make observations without saying he's a bust. It's called being a realist.

He is the youngest player in the NFL so maybe the learning curve is just to big for him right now. Maybe he's doubting himself. It could be a lot of things. But his inability to make people miss, gain yards after contact, and outrun people has been a problem. Especially for a guy who was supposed to excel in those areas.

The same thing happened to Reggie Bush. Smaller guy that took for granted he was the fastest thing on wheels.

His learning curve lasted years. Finally realized everybody's fast.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/26/peyton-manning-jamaal-charles-autograph/1728737/

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
^ Maybe he's nicked up or something, but Ronnie Hillman doesn't really seem all that fast to me either. As small as he is, he needs to be the fastest guy on the field. Doesn't really seem to be. I think he's quick, but he's no where NEAR Trindon Holliday, which is what I was expecting after all the hype on him after the draft. Speaking of which; god damn Holliday looks fast. In a full pads footrace, I'd put him against anyone in the league.

Holiday is one of the fastest guys in the league. Only RBs w/ the speed to catch him are really CJ2K ad Jeff Demps. No way Hillman shouldve been expected to have that speed.
broncosfan07 wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/26/peyton-manning-jamaal-charles-autograph/1728737/

Laughing

Ihave no issue w/ what they did. I'd honestly would love to have photos w/ legends and even autographs. When the games over if you did all you could you should keep your head up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: