Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: Houston visits Detroit... Gobble Gobble
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tytalton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to you Texan fans....im hoping this is your year. GL in the playoffs!
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why in the world did the coaches take the ball out of Stafford's hands on that final drive? And why in the world did we kick it on 3rd down?

If the snap is botched on third down, the holder can fall on it and kick it again on fourth down. It's a pretty common tactic in sudden death situations.

Okay. I still don't get why they ran it twice after the Scheffler 1st down. Stafford played well today and you take it out of his hands. Trust him. 47 yards isn't a chip shot...

Stafford didn't have that amazing of a game. His completion % was barely 50%. I like the call to run it to minimize the chances of a turn over and that area of the field Hanson is usually automatic.

His completion % isn't a good indicator of how well he played today.

47 yards isn't automatic for anyone no matter how good they have been. Dumb coaching.

Actually it's an accurate indicator of how he played today. Once again he was inconsistent and didn't win the game. Cj made a few circus catches and Broyles chalked up YAC which inflated his yards.

The only statistics which were favourable to Stafford today were yards and the fact he didn't turn the ball over. 31-61 for a 7.2 yard average and a rating of 85.5 isn't a stellar performance in anyone's books. That's not to suggest other players don't also deserve criticism

I do agree 47 yards isn't automatic but Hanson has been consistent this year so I certainly understand why they made the attempt.

Stafford sitting in the pocket 60 plus times when the Texans knew were passing had a whole lot to do with it too.

For the 2nd straight week, not enough runs or screens.

I think there was a stretch from the 4th into OT where we dropped back to pass maybe 20 plus straight times. At no point in which we were in a hurry.

Stafford missed 2 throws early, and then maybe another couple the rest of the game. We had probably 5 drops from our TE's alone. We were in constant 3rd and longs.

Stafford was awesome.

And I agree settling for a 47 yarder was a terrible move. I personally dont like settling for any kick. I want to start playing to win games and not to not lose them.

And Schwartz needs to act like an HC, and not a position coach. Although that just may not be possible.

Some of the passes you count as drops were on poor balls some of which had far to much velocity. Just because a player can contort and get a hand on the ball doesn't mean he should be catching it. Stafford overthrew open receivers three times. He threw to the wrong spot on two occasions and was plainly through gestures indicating it was his fault.CJ was targeted 17 times today and made eight catches. There was one ball I recall and would consider a drop. Broyles was targeted 12 times, caught six and I recall one drop. While they each may have dropped a pass they both made some difficult catches which other receivers probably wouldn't have caught.

Stafford was close to 12% below this seasons average completion percentage and about 9% below his career completion percentage.

I don't blame Stafford for the loss but I didn't view his performance as close to being awesome. He as well as others share the blame for this one.

I agree about playing to win. I would like to know Schwartz's thought process but it seemed the last few series they weren't getting it done and maybe he just had to much confidence in Hanson's ability.

EDIT: the most consecutive passing plays I found was eleven.

How would you know which plays I count as drops? I dont consider it a drop if the receiver gets a single hand on it. 2 full hands? Yes. And how about a receiver running the wrong route? A miscue could be Staffords fault, or the receivers, but I highly doubt its the QB in most situations since he has a better view of the field than any given receiver on the play.

Perhaps I missed a run attempt, but I counted 21 straight drop backs from the 4th into OT. Multiple situations there was a drop on 1st or 2nd, and left us in 3rd in long. At no point during any of those plays were we trailing. Linehan could of done a much better job at seeing we were more efficient and keeping us out of 3rd and long, but Its my personal opinion that he was stubborn in trying to exploit man coverage.

And how about throw aways? There were multiple times where Stafford had no time, had to scramble, and had no where to go with the ball.

You cant just look at a stat and get the whole story. RG3 has a much better completion % than Stafford yet he throws a ton of screens and is only asked to complete balls, not to carry the whole team.

Again, Stafford probably missed 5 or so throws, which is quite good for 60 plus pass attempts.

Dawgtx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late.....and maybe for good reason!

First....I loved watching two of the greatest wide receivers in the game play. I hate that we don't get a chance to watch Megatron and Stafford more often.

I also hate that the game has a black mark on it. It was a well fought game that that even without the bad rule, could have went either way. Wish it had been different.

Good luck the rest of the year!!

Adopt a Texan: Owen Daniels
5 Catches 67 Yards 2 TD's
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Why in the world did the coaches take the ball out of Stafford's hands on that final drive? And why in the world did we kick it on 3rd down?

If the snap is botched on third down, the holder can fall on it and kick it again on fourth down. It's a pretty common tactic in sudden death situations.

Okay. I still don't get why they ran it twice after the Scheffler 1st down. Stafford played well today and you take it out of his hands. Trust him. 47 yards isn't a chip shot...

Stafford didn't have that amazing of a game. His completion % was barely 50%. I like the call to run it to minimize the chances of a turn over and that area of the field Hanson is usually automatic.

47 yards isn't automatic for anyone no matter how good they have been. Dumb coaching.

Actually it's an accurate indicator of how he played today. Once again he was inconsistent and didn't win the game. Cj made a few circus catches and Broyles chalked up YAC which inflated his yards.

The only statistics which were favourable to Stafford today were yards and the fact he didn't turn the ball over. 31-61 for a 7.2 yard average and a rating of 85.5 isn't a stellar performance in anyone's books. That's not to suggest other players don't also deserve criticism

I do agree 47 yards isn't automatic but Hanson has been consistent this year so I certainly understand why they made the attempt.

Stafford sitting in the pocket 60 plus times when the Texans knew were passing had a whole lot to do with it too.

I think there was a stretch from the 4th into OT where we dropped back to pass maybe 20 plus straight times. At no point in which we were in a hurry.

Stafford missed 2 throws early, and then maybe another couple the rest of the game. We had probably 5 drops from our TE's alone. We were in constant 3rd and longs.

Stafford was awesome.

And I agree settling for a 47 yarder was a terrible move. I personally dont like settling for any kick. I want to start playing to win games and not to not lose them.

And Schwartz needs to act like an HC, and not a position coach. Although that just may not be possible.

Some of the passes you count as drops were on poor balls some of which had far to much velocity. Just because a player can contort and get a hand on the ball doesn't mean he should be catching it. Stafford overthrew open receivers three times. He threw to the wrong spot on two occasions and was plainly through gestures indicating it was his fault.CJ was targeted 17 times today and made eight catches. There was one ball I recall and would consider a drop. Broyles was targeted 12 times, caught six and I recall one drop. While they each may have dropped a pass they both made some difficult catches which other receivers probably wouldn't have caught.

Stafford was close to 12% below this seasons average completion percentage and about 9% below his career completion percentage.

I don't blame Stafford for the loss but I didn't view his performance as close to being awesome. He as well as others share the blame for this one.

I agree about playing to win. I would like to know Schwartz's thought process but it seemed the last few series they weren't getting it done and maybe he just had to much confidence in Hanson's ability.

How would you know which plays I count as drops? I dont consider it a drop if the receiver gets a single hand on it. 2 full hands? Yes. And how about a receiver running the wrong route? A miscue could be Staffords fault, or the receivers, but I highly doubt its the QB in most situations since he has a better view of the field than any given receiver on the play.

Perhaps I missed a run attempt, but I counted 21 straight drop backs from the 4th into OT. Multiple situations there was a drop on 1st or 2nd, and left us in 3rd in long. At no point during any of those plays were we trailing. Linehan could of done a much better job at seeing we were more efficient and keeping us out of 3rd and long, but Its my personal opinion that he was stubborn in trying to exploit man coverage.

And how about throw aways? There were multiple times where Stafford had no time, had to scramble, and had no where to go with the ball.

You cant just look at a stat and get the whole story. RG3 has a much better completion % than Stafford yet he throws a ton of screens and is only asked to complete balls, not to carry the whole team.

Again, Stafford probably missed 5 or so throws, which is quite good for 60 plus pass attempts.

If you watch, on numerous occasions it was Stafford throwing to the wrong spot. He acknowledged his mistakes by his hand signals after the play.

If you think Stafford only missed five throws we weren't watching the same game.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgtx wrote:
A little late.....and maybe for good reason!

First....I loved watching two of the greatest wide receivers in the game play. I hate that we don't get a chance to watch Megatron and Stafford more often.

I also hate that the game has a black mark on it. It was a well fought game that that even without the bad rule, could have went either way. Wish it had been different.

Good luck the rest of the year!!

It was a great game but obviously as a Lions fan I wish the outcome was different.

I don't view the play as a black mark. The rules allowed for a review and Schwartz just blew it. The Lions also had opportunities to win after the play and couldn't execute.

It was great to see the two best receivers in the game. It made for excitement regardless of who was on offence. AJ's hand strength really impressed me. Some of the catches he maintained control of with two backs on him trying to take it away were impressive.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

Stafford was awesome.

If you watch, on numerous occasions it was Stafford throwing to the wrong spot. He acknowledged his mistakes by his hand signals after the play.

If you think Stafford only missed five throws we weren't watching the same game.

I noticed 1 to CJ. I noticed other occasions where it certainly looked like the receivers fault, that included plays to Thomas and Broyles, both of whom I highly doubt have the playbook down as good as Stafford, or make the reads as quick. I watched the game again and think now more than ever that he played great. He had to make a ton of difficult throws while constantly getting pressure up the middle with no pocket to step into.

Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/j-j-watt-fined-for-hit-on-matthew-stafford/

Just another case of the Lions would have won without a blown call from the refs.

Quote:
The Lions would have/should have/could have gotten a first down at the Texans’ 30, with enough time to get closer and try for a game-winning field goal.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/j-j-watt-fined-for-hit-on-matthew-stafford/

Just another case of the Lions would have won without a blown call from the refs.

Quote:
The Lions would have/should have/could have gotten a first down at the Texans’ 30, with enough time to get closer and try for a game-winning field goal.

It's truly insane.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: