Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodson's Return
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skibrett15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Woodson's Return Reply with quote

My prognostication would be that he sticks at S in the nickle/dime and we continue to use guys like heyward and house and shields closer to the LOS.

I know the thinking is that woodson is a force near the LOS, but when isolated in coverage he cannot cover a TE or a WR. I like the idea of him off the line and looking at the play develop.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Woodson's Return Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
My prognostication would be that he sticks at S in the nickle/dime and we continue to use guys like heyward and house and shields closer to the LOS.

I know the thinking is that woodson is a force near the LOS, but when isolated in coverage he cannot cover a TE or a WR. I like the idea of him off the line and looking at the play develop.

I think the guy who might be affected most by Woodson's return is Brad Jones. I don't think there is any reason to be a 3-4 anymore. We didn't play a single snap of 3-4 against Detroit. From here on out we should be a 3-3-5 defense. Tramon, Shields, Hayward, Woodson and Burnett should start in the secondary. Then throw House on the field when we play our raven package. Dom should be licking his chops with how well our young guys are playing and the versatility it allows him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone else who doesn't really want Woodson back? I think our guys are doing fine right now and I'd like to give our younger guys some more playing time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Is there anyone else who doesn't really want Woodson back? I think our guys are doing fine right now and I'd like to give our younger guys some more playing time.

Woodson is a safety now, he's not going to take PT away from Heyward or House. McMillian has been average to below average recently and MD Jennings has played better, but Im going to take Woodson there 10 times out of 10.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Woodson is a safety now, he's not going to take PT away from Heyward or House. McMillian has been average to below average recently and MD Jennings has played better, but Im going to take Woodson there 10 times out of 10.

I think this is how I feel. But prior to injury we were going with jennings/mcmillian and woodson in the 335 or 245. 245 caters to the slot blitz better (or has been a staple in the past at least) by disguising who is rushing more than a 335 where you declare 3 guys right away. I tend to agree that a 335 with woodson deep is preferable to anything with Jennings/McMillian AND woodson 236, 326 etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to do with Woody .. I think Hayward should be on the field at all times, he's been excellent on the outside and in the slot. I think House has shown himself to be an up and comer as well. I guess the best spot for Woody is strictly safety.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I said it when the injury happened and got blasted for it but Woodson is done. The guy was playing like he was old and slow. Keep the young guys on the field, they keep getting better, I see no reason for Hayward, House or McMillian to lose snaps to Woodson.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011- 1st INTs (by 8!), T-18th FFs.
2010- 2nd INTs, T-15th FFs.
2012 T-6th INTs, T-31st FFs.

Playmaker. Turnover machine. Missing Link.
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I think McMillian is playing pretty darn good. No big plays as far as I remember, no significant missed tackles and not many penalties.

Woodson on the other hand has a lot of PIs, a lot of missed tackles and is too slow to cover guys anymore. McMillian should get the majority of the snaps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
2011- 1st INTs (by 8!), T-18th FFs.
2010- 2nd INTs, T-15th FFs.
2012 T-6th INTs, T-31st FFs.

Playmaker. Turnover machine. Missing Link.
Ill take our stats from 2012 every freaking day of the week if it meens we aren't playing like our 2011 defense.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I think McMillian is playing pretty darn good. No big plays as far as I remember, no significant missed tackles and not many penalties.

Woodson on the other hand has a lot of PIs, a lot of missed tackles and is too slow to cover guys anymore. McMillian should get the majority of the snaps.

Guess I disagree, he plays the ball about 1/20th as well as Woodson, that 53 yarder to CJ was under thrown but McMillian never turned to play the ball and it was an easy catch. Same as how Cobb got that TD in the 4th, if a DB doesn't play the ball your just asking for trouble. Im comfortable with McMillian playing whats in front of him but he needs more practice before Im ready to have him be a last line of defense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Woodson that scares me is that he has been letting up plays since the beginning of 2011. Our defense hasn't missed him on the field whatsoever in my opinion. He is a great leader, played very well for us in the past, but he wasn't this playmaking machine in the seven games he played in this year.

However, which of the starting four right now is the weakest link? McMillian or Tramon(He has been aggravating this year)? I guess the rook, but I'm still disappointed with the way Tramon has played.

Sig brought to you by Justo
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
However, which of the starting four right now is the weakest link? McMillian or Tramon(He has been aggravating this year)? I guess the rook, but I'm still disappointed with the way Tramon has played.

I'll take Woodson's experience over McMillan's at this point. Our young guys could be even better once we get our leader back out there. No other D player is the leader that Woody is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Capers doesn't tamper with what's working having Woodson back is nothing but a good thing. He can play the ball better then anyone, I don't want him taking a lot of time at corner right now though. Full time safety role would be ideal to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

I'll take Woodson's experience over McMillan's at this point. Our young guys could be even better once we get our leader back out there. No other D player is the leader that Woody is.

He shouldn't be on the field because he's a "great leader". Fact of the matter is he gambles way too much which leads to many big plays for the other team, and when he gets beat, he holds on to their jerseys like no other.

McMillian hasn't been great, but he certaintly hasn't had costly plays against him like Chuck routinely has.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: