Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There still a chance.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: There still a chance. Reply with quote

The Steelers still have a outside shot to win the division. While be it a very long shot it's not out of the question.

The Ravens have some tough games ahead against the Giants, Redskins, Broncos, Bengals and Steelers.

The Steelers have to find a way to get healthy and stay that way at least in the key player area. This team has been decimated by injuries this year and I'll go out on a limb and say there isn't another team in the league that could of dealt with this many injuries, be it to the superstar players.

The Steelers aren't giving in or not be competitive they are just severely injured and you can't constantly trout out your 3rd and 4th best players and think your gonna win on a consistent basis. The Steelers need Big Ben to make a miraculous recovery, Brown to play and Troy to be able to dress and play in some capacity.

For all the injuries the OL has held up for much of the season. This offensive line has grew leaps and bonds this season. The Steelers OL gave up one sack yesterday and maybe a handful of pressures against a team that had 7 sacks the previous week. There were some holding calls some phantom others warranted. But they protected Charlie Batch enough to win the game.

There are some fans calling for Tomlins head stating that he doesn't have his team prepared week in and week out. Mike Tomlin is in control of all facets of the game just because he doesn't hold a lamented sheet in front of his face doesn't mean he doesn't have control. Some calling Tomlin Switzer or Siefert are crazy.

The beginning of the year it was the defense playing poorly because of injuries. But now it's the offense that's playing poorly because of injuries. The Steelers can make a push for the division, but Ben, AB, Troy have to get healthy. Right now it wouldn't hurt for Adams injury to be minor and DeCastro to show progress this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin should be hailed for what he's gotten out of this team, given the circumstances. I can't remember a year where we had so many key players out with injury. It just keeps getting worse, yet the team manages to hold together and be competitive.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Tomlin should be hailed for what he's gotten out of this team, given the circumstances. I can't remember a year where we had so many key players out with injury. It just keeps getting worse, yet the team manages to hold together and be competitive.

Its crazy if the Steelers make the playoffs and Tomlins isn't considered for Coach of the year it's a travesty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...division titles are a nice notch on your belt, but at the end of the day it's about getting to the dance.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Meh...division titles are a nice notch on your belt, but at the end of the day it's about getting to the dance.

The easiest way of getting to the dance is by winning your division. There are to many other variables that go into making it as a 5th or 6th seed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, winning the division is the way to go, but beggars can't be choosers and at this point I would be thrilled with a wild card berth, but they are going to have to go on a run. Without Ben, that just doesn't happen. The way Ben goes is how this team goes. Both offensively and defensively. He should be NFL MVP because he means so much to this team. Everybody feeds off of him. He was having a great year. I don't know how effective he can be when he does get back. He needs to be at least at 75 %. Most players will agree that they will never get back to 100 % until the off season. Same goes for Troy. He has missed too much and will be out of game shape. I love the guy as do many, but I'm afraid his days are numbered. Too injury prone at this stage of his career. We need to draft a replacement, this year. With Ben, this team can still make the playoffs and win. Without we are done right now.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy just has freak injuries for some reason. But I think Troy playing in this defense in any capacity will make the defense better. That drop Int by W. Allen Troy would of made. There were a couple other plays along the way that Troy would of help or aided the Steelers defense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suspect that even making the playoffs will come down to the final game against Cincinnati, as both teams battle to be the 6th and final AFC playoffs team. Mathematically the division championship is not impossible, but the window is closing rapidly.

And of course, some would say why even make the playoffs if the team is so beat up that it will be one and done. As things stand now the 6th placed team would go to New England. Even at their best the Steelers have struggled to win there. IF most of the injured players can come back strong, this team can play with most teams. Healing is the biggest key.

There are a few fans out there who would rather see a 6-10 season and some higher draft picks for once. I am not one of them, but I can see their point.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens are the worst 9-2 team in recent memory.

It's not out of the question they drop at least 3.

This iteration of the Steelers continues to play dumb, penalty-laden, fundamentals challenged football. Many culprits on both sides of the ball.

They make it real hard to be optimistic.

This team could challenge for the SB with a healthy Ben if they get their proverbial crap together. Without and if not, my faith ain't so faithful.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens really are a weak 9-2 team. We were clearly better than them when we played them without Ben....with him we easily win that game.

Either way, that doesnt matter. Fact is, we are 6-5 and still have alot of issues. I was just beginning to get my faith back in this team before Ben went down....now, that hope is pretty much dashed after 2 losses.

All we can do is hope for another 2005-esque finish.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be like the Packers SB run year also. They were ravaged by injuries all season. The Steelers are getting healthy it's just taking longer then any fan is willing to endure because it's frustrating along the way. But I know once this teams is at least 90% healthy as a team. Then it's going to be a whole other story.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its time for Tomlin to unlease hell, by far worst game ever as a steeler just embarrassing.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Ravens really are a weak 9-2 team. We were clearly better than them when we played them without Ben....with him we easily win that game.

Either way, that doesnt matter. Fact is, we are 6-5 and still have alot of issues. I was just beginning to get my faith back in this team before Ben went down....now, that hope is pretty much dashed after 2 losses.

All we can do is hope for another 2005-esque finish.

My thoughts exactly.

Jamison. on the sig
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I believe the ravens can clinch a playoff spot with a win this week, correct? Im not sure if thats wildcard or division and im a bit too lazy to check myself...
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And look at our draft class this year:

DD--IR'd (out first 11-12 games)
Adams--out for awhile, likely
Spence--IR'd
Ta'amu--yeah...next
Rainey--Only solid contributor
Clemons--PS, then to Jags
Paulson--Back-up role player
Frederick--cut
Beachum--backup role player

Take out our 7th Rd picks and we have ONE contributor and likely have swapped the services of our 2nd rd pick for the 1st now...

...hard to replenish talent under those circumstances

And look at last year's 1st 3 Rd picks...not exactly major contributors this year, regardless of the reason.

Just not our year this year. Yes, they might make the playoffs, but considering the lost time of Troy, AB, Deebo, Woodley, and now Ben...

...and subpar play from our starting RB and our #1 WR, it's amazing we're even above .500, honestly.

JMHO...

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: