Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Broncos @ Chiefs - What are You Thankful For?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

You don't make any sense...you're saying that many of the widely considered top WR's in the league are actually....not?

I see Megatron, Cruz,Thomas, Bryant,Nelson,Decker,Wayne, Welker,Britt, A.Johnson,Lloyd,Marshall, Wallace...where's Bowe? And how on earth does Peyton ever accomplish anything with the top two droppers in the AFC? Rolling Eyes

I stand corrected, impressive .. but wait ... you're obviously the stats geek .. how about:

yards/drop ... catches/drops?

hmm .. and beyond that .. counting drops is a pretty subjective stat, isn't it?

Finally, and on a personal note: it should read: "THIS does not make sense" ... not ... "YOU" don't make sense.

Less confrontation may help to carry your message across much easier than being confrontative (not sure that's an English word - it would be in German, but I guess you get the meaning) from the outset.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but the differences are minimal and Bowe gets very few perfect passes like other WR's. It looks like Bowe has a drop about every 10 catches as does Calvin Johnson.

I would be more likely to use THIS if you were getting your info from somewhere else, but i chose the word YOU because it was YOUR opinion. If that ruffles feathers, then don't state your opinion...that's not confrontational, it's opinions, debates, and discussion which is what this board is for.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being at the game, that is the most opposing fans I've ever seen at Arrowhead. When the Broncos made a good play, you heard cheering almost as loud as when the Chiefs did.

And we better lose to the Panthers next week.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I don't know but the differences are minimal.

so YOU DON'T KNOW ... but the differences ARE minimal??
Or do you YOU THINK the differences are minimal?

Come on, you can do better than that if you want to tell people that I DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too many Chiefs fans are acting like we have the 1st overall pick locked up now, or something.

We still have to face the Panthers, Browns, Raiders, and our last game of the season may be against most of the Broncos backups.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Way too many Chiefs fans are acting like we have the 1st overall pick locked up now, or something.

We still have to face the Panthers, Browns, Raiders, and our last game of the season may be against most of the Broncos backups.

Not locked up, but we are the odds on favorite to land the top overall pick. We have to win AT LEAST 2 of our last 5 otherwise we get the top pick no matter what. Even if we win 3 of 5 I am sure JAX/CLE/CAR will win 1 more game as well. unless we win 4 of 5 I see us having the top overall pick.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I don't know but the differences are minimal.

so YOU DON'T KNOW ... but the differences ARE minimal??
Or do you YOU THINK the differences are minimal?

Come on, you can do better than that if you want to tell people that I DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

For someone who is preaching ways to avoid confrontation, you're being incredibly condescending, man. Quit talking down to people. I'll be honest; I used to seek out your posts, but I've recently been avoiding them because of crap like this.

He posted a very valid and well thought out response to your comment about Bowe's drops and your response was more about discrediting everything he said instead of discussing the topic at hand. It's just a trend I've noticed recently and since we're all guilty of getting heated every once in a while, I figured I'd point it out publically instead of through a PM. During a season like this, we all need to stick together, not go at each other's throats.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a new front office and coaching staff more than I want a new QB.

Don't get me wrong, doe. I want a new QB. I just want an organizational makeover first.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
I want a new front office and coaching staff more than I want a new QB.

Don't get me wrong, doe. I want a new QB. I just want an organizational makeover first.

+1. I definitely don't trust the existing front office and coaching staff to support/groom a quarterback prospect correctly anyway. If Pioli is still around I wouldn't be shocked with Matt Cassel #1, Ricky Stanzi #2, and Geno Smith #3 in 2013. Rinse and repeat 2012.

Crying or Very sad

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read through and didn't see it mentioned so I will - Tyson Jackson was a monster today.

The D played sub package all day. The Jackson - Poe combo really looks like they are getting comfortable beside each other and playing off each others motivation. They look like a tandem rather than just a sum of parts if that makes sense.

Back to Jackson, Houston's first sack deserves an assist to Jackson whom bulled his guy into Manning's face and he finished his rush toppling the guy over the sacked Manning. Awesome. Later he got a sack of his own and on his pressure where Manning stepped right and tossed the TD, TJ got a pressure and a QB hit and was actually held on the play but it wasn't called. Dude had a handful of his jersey stretched behind him!

TJ, game ball. I'm liking what the new DC has done with the DL thus far. They did get run on a bit but that could not be helped in a game where you wanted Denver to beat us running, not Manning. If the offense wasn't garbage it'd have worked even better.

Beyond that, I enjoyed (just finished watching it on DVR after travels) the competitive loss. Simply because I know we're 1 game closer to the FO being flushed and a QB is closer to being drafted!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Read through and didn't see it mentioned so I will - Tyson Jackson was a monster today.

The D played sub package all day. The Jackson - Poe combo really looks like they are getting comfortable beside each other and playing off each others motivation. They look like a tandem rather than just a sum of parts if that makes sense.

Back to Jackson, Houston's first sack deserves an assist to Jackson whom bulled his guy into Manning's face and he finished his rush toppling the guy over the sacked Manning. Awesome. Later he got a sack of his own and on his pressure where Manning stepped right and tossed the TD, TJ got a pressure and a QB hit and was actually held on the play but it wasn't called. Dude had a handful of his jersey stretched behind him!

TJ, game ball. I'm liking what the new DC has done with the DL thus far. They did get run on a bit but that could not be helped in a game where you wanted Denver to beat us running, not Manning. If the offense wasn't garbage it'd have worked even better.

Beyond that, I enjoyed (just finished watching it on DVR after travels) the competitive loss. Simply because I know we're 1 game closer to the FO being flushed and a QB is closer to being drafted!

Tyson has had a monster freakin year so far for us no doubt! I am fine with having Ropati - Dontari - Tyson starting for us next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Being at the game, that is the most opposing fans I've ever seen at Arrowhead. When the Broncos made a good play, you heard cheering almost as loud as when the Chiefs did.

And we better lose to the Panthers next week.

I agree! There were sooo many Bronco fans there. I am guessing there are a lot of bandwagon fans there too. I sat in front of some. A group of five guys from Iowa that were cheering for the Broncos. At one point during the game, one of them asked who the QB was and another one asked who #58 was on defense. I literally laughed out loud.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

Jackson played out of his mind. That was fun to watch. Him and Poe did a great job against the run, for the most part. On one of Broncos drives, they were running it down our throats. It happened to be when Pitoitua was in for Poe.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why Poe was out?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Do you know why Poe was out?

Not sure. He came back in on the next drive and played fine. Maybe they were just seeing if they could rotate Pitoitua. If so, they quickly found that he was not an option. I don't remember seeing him play much later on in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: