Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Head Coach/GM Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35305
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
I'm hoping Khan makes an announcement soon........like today.


More likely tomorrow. We need a new coach by the end of the week as well so we can really kick the offseason off.
And if the 49ers win next week?


You're assuming Caldwell gets the job and he grabs their OC? I'm actually hoping more for Keim and Ray Horton.


*Loud Cough*
Whiz.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83467
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should get that cough checked out...

sounds terrible
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nerdboy153


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 1302
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
I'm hoping Khan makes an announcement soon........like today.


More likely tomorrow. We need a new coach by the end of the week as well so we can really kick the offseason off.
And if the 49ers win next week?


You're assuming Caldwell gets the job and he grabs their OC? I'm actually hoping more for Keim and Ray Horton.


I've read (on Twitter though) that the Cardinals want to promote Keim to GM and Horton to head coach. And Keim has been with the Cardinals since 1999.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
I'm hoping Khan makes an announcement soon........like today.


More likely tomorrow. We need a new coach by the end of the week as well so we can really kick the offseason off.
And if the 49ers win next week?


You're assuming Caldwell gets the job and he grabs their OC? I'm actually hoping more for Keim and Ray Horton.


I've read (on Twitter though) that the Cardinals want to promote Keim to GM and Horton to head coach. And Keim has been with the Cardinals since 1999.


I've read some things to the same tune. I think they're making a solid decision - that is a quality team with across-the-board talent, obviously outside of quarterback.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nerdboy153


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 1302
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2829
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...


Damn dude, haven't seen you around in awhile. How you been?
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83467
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...


Damn dude, haven't seen you around in awhile. How you been?


yea no kidding! what up nerdboy?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nerdboy153


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 1302
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...


Damn dude, haven't seen you around in awhile. How you been?


yea no kidding! what up nerdboy?


Haha I'm fine, double majoring in chemical engineering and economics can be tough though. And since I go to school in Chicago and I've only seen a few Jaguars games over the last couple seasons I've made a legit New Years resolution to try and keep up. Emphasis on try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21521
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...


Damn dude, haven't seen you around in awhile. How you been?


yea no kidding! what up nerdboy?


Haha I'm fine, double majoring in chemical engineering and economics can be tough though. And since I go to school in Chicago and I've only seen a few Jaguars games over the last couple seasons I've made a legit New Years resolution to try and keep up. Emphasis on try.

You're lucky you've missed the games.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nerdboy153


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 1302
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I feel like you can't go wrong with Keim or Caldwell, but I'd be willing to bet that most people would have said the same thing about Gene Smith four years ago. There's just no telling unless you're a football man...


Damn dude, haven't seen you around in awhile. How you been?


yea no kidding! what up nerdboy?


Haha I'm fine, double majoring in chemical engineering and economics can be tough though. And since I go to school in Chicago and I've only seen a few Jaguars games over the last couple seasons I've made a legit New Years resolution to try and keep up. Emphasis on try.

You're lucky you've missed the games.


So I'm told, but the games that I've seen make me think and listened to on the radio make me think that the Jags have a combination of inconsistent QB play, bad luck, and a lack of talent at a couple key spots like offensive line and linebacking in addition to injury. So, it sounds like a lot- but hopefully the new GM (either Caldwell or Keim) can get talent in those three spots (the latter two are plentiful), shore up the other areas, and hopefully get some luck.

Am I wrong? I imagine there's a whole lot of side debates too, like switching to the 3-4 (I think the Jags are better off in the 3-4, but I'm just ranting now).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45910
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some debate about what we need. I think that's a relatively fair assessment.

I think most people would say we need
QB
RB depth
Maybe another WR-TE
3 o-linemen (LG, C, RT)
DE
WLB
^ someone to create pressure
CB
Maybe a S

Some of those guys might be on the roster in development roles (RB, WR, LG, C, RT, CB, DE) but that's what we need to get better than what we have now.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35305
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
There's some debate about what we need. I think that's a relatively fair assessment.

I think most people would say we need
QB - Need to draft one
RB depth - Need to draft one
Maybe another WR-TE - Need to draft two
3 o-linemen (LG, C, RT) - Norwak, Rackley, Brewster
DE - need to draft one
WLB - need to draft one
CB - need to draft one
Maybe a S - need to draft two

Some of those guys might be on the roster in development roles (RB, WR, LG, C, RT, CB, DE) but that's what we need to get better than what we have now.

_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20724
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably franchise QB
RB depth/RB of the future
Possibly WR depth
#2 TE, maybe #3 TE
Would like to bring in one OL or maybe more, but I don't see it as dire as others do
DE
DE
DT
OLB
CB for the future
S depth
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nerdboy153


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 1302
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Probably franchise QB
RB depth/RB of the future
Possibly WR depth
#2 TE, maybe #3 TE
Would like to bring in one OL or maybe more, but I don't see it as dire as others do
DE
DE
DT
OLB
CB for the future
S depth


The bummer is that I don't see a franchise quarterback in this draft. But we don't know how Will Rackley will turn out, Brad Meester is old, and Uche Nwaneri and Cameron Bradfield leave a lot to be desired in the consistency department. I don't think it would hurt to bring in a free agent and draft one or two guys this year (and a few more the next couple years).

I know this is a tired debate, but if the Jags were to go in the 3-4 system, wouldn't some of the pieces fit better? Alaulu seems like a better 3-4 end than 4-3 under tackle (it's also the position he played in at Cal), Terrance Knighton would make a solid nose tackle, and despite Poz's objections, he'd be a great strong side inside linebacker. Branch would fit better as an outside linebacker and Daryl Smith has the range to play the other inside linebacker position. The flipside is Mincey, Lane, and the rest of our defensive tackles, but I could see Mosley and Smith succeeding as rotational men on the defensive line. In this scenario, we're looking for 3-4 twiners, something that is plentiful in this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20724
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Probably franchise QB
RB depth/RB of the future
Possibly WR depth
#2 TE, maybe #3 TE
Would like to bring in one OL or maybe more, but I don't see it as dire as others do
DE
DE
DT
OLB
CB for the future
S depth


The bummer is that I don't see a franchise quarterback in this draft. But we don't know how Will Rackley will turn out, Brad Meester is old, and Uche Nwaneri and Cameron Bradfield leave a lot to be desired in the consistency department. I don't think it would hurt to bring in a free agent and draft one or two guys this year (and a few more the next couple years).

I know this is a tired debate, but if the Jags were to go in the 3-4 system, wouldn't some of the pieces fit better? Alaulu seems like a better 3-4 end than 4-3 under tackle (it's also the position he played in at Cal), Terrance Knighton would make a solid nose tackle, and despite Poz's objections, he'd be a great strong side inside linebacker. Branch would fit better as an outside linebacker and Daryl Smith has the range to play the other inside linebacker position. The flipside is Mincey, Lane, and the rest of our defensive tackles, but I could see Mosley and Smith succeeding as rotational men on the defensive line. In this scenario, we're looking for 3-4 twiners, something that is plentiful in this draft.


I have had extensive talks with IAS about this. How I see it is:

Tyson Alualu - 5T
Terrance Knighton - I actually think he may be better suited for 5T as well, but could play NT. No guarantee he is back though.
C.J. Mosley - NT, could play 5T.
Austen Lane - I'm actually excited for him in a 3-4. I think we could move him around a lot and he could do well at both 5T and OLB.
Jeremy Mincey - A bit of a misfit, but I think he'd be a bit of a tweener role.
Jason Babin - Complete misfit, but I think it would make the most sense to play him at OLB and put him standing up in the 9T position or just use him in 4 down linemen fronts.
Andre Branch - OLB
John Chick - OLB
George Selvie - Misfit
Ryan Davis - OLB
D'Anthony Smith - 5T
Jeris Pendleton - NT
Daryl Smith - ILB
Paul Posluszny - ILB
Russell Allen - ILB or OLB in a Jarrett Johnson-esque role though I think he'd be better than Jarrett Johnson.
Julian Stanford & Brandon Marshall - similar to Russell Allen
Kyle Bosworth - I want him gone regardless of scheme
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group