Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Head Coach/GM Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
What's everyone think of Bruce Arians? He's doing a really good job keeping that Colts team together and competitive in Pagano's absence.

Don't know if he'd come here with lesser talent (hell no talent) at the QB level...that and to a rival.

I honestly think Bill O'Brien (rumored to be true last year [didn't want Blaine] and this year) is the next HC and will have full say in his QB.

#JDI
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Can I be OC? In Madden, I'm undefeated.

Which setting?

Roo---

The hardest one, duh.

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
What's everyone think of Bruce Arians? He's doing a really good job keeping that Colts team together and competitive in Pagano's absence.

Don't know if he'd come here with lesser talent (hell no talent) at the QB level...that and to a rival.

I honestly think Bill O'Brien (rumored to be true last year [didn't want Blaine] and this year) is the next HC and will have full say in his QB.

He went from the Browns to the Steelers, so I'm not sure rivalry plays too much of a part in his decisions. If he was told we were drafting Geno, do you think that sweetens the pot?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAS and I would be a solid duo, methinks.

Didn't see this, but yes, yes we should.

As long as you don't try to cut Austen Lane again >.>

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Yeah can't believe we missed out on Hoyer Sad

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

He went from the Browns to the Steelers, so I'm not sure rivalry plays too much of a part in his decisions. If he was told we were drafting Geno, do you think that sweetens the pot?

I guess you are right, but does Geno fit his QB mold? Big bodied, strong armed, with quick intellegence, who can side step in the pocket to make a defender miss? Got to think, Ben and Luck off the top of my head do...I don't think he had that in Cleveland?

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Not saying Hoyer is the answer to our problems, but if you gave Hoyer the reigns, and let BoB teach Gabbert or whomever he would have wanted to draft, aren't we in a [little] better spot then we are now? Hell, look at what he is doing with McGloin in Happy Valley, who was beyond terrible last year.

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Thats the first thing I am doing.

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Not saying Hoyer is the answer to our problems, but if you gave Hoyer the reigns, and let BoB teach Gabbert or whomever he would have wanted to draft, aren't we in a [little] better spot then we are now? Hell, look at what he is doing with McGloin in Happy Valley, who was beyond terrible last year.

Different animal.

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Thats the first thing I am doing.

On second thought... maybe I should be both the HC and the GM.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
I guess you are right, but does Geno fit his QB mold? Big bodied, strong armed, with quick intellegence, who can side step in the pocket to make a defender miss? Got to think, Ben and Luck off the top of my head do...I don't think he had that in Cleveland?

He went from Manning (Rookie) to Tim Couch (year 3)/Kelly Holcomb(year 8) to Ben (Rookie) to Luck (Rookie).

Geno is 6'3, Luck and Couch are 6'4, Manning and Ben 6'5. Holcomb is 6'2. Geno is 214lb, Couch was 220, Luck is 234, Manning was 235 as a rookie, Ben was 242. Holcomb was 212. So Geno doesn't fit the big bodies QBs that he typically signs to be able to coach, but he did so with Holcomb. I do think Geno can move in the pocket though and had the arm/mental ability. And you'd expect him to be able to put on 5-10 pounds of muscle through an NFL conditioning program without sacrificing much mobility, if that's what the coaches wanted him to do.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

He went from Manning (Rookie) to Tim Couch (year 3)/Kelly Holcomb(year 8) to Ben (Rookie) to Luck (Rookie).

Geno is 6'3, Luck and Couch are 6'4, Manning and Ben 6'5. Holcomb is 6'2. Geno is 214lb, Couch was 220, Luck is 234, Manning was 235 as a rookie, Ben was 242. Holcomb was 212. So Geno doesn't fit the big bodies QBs that he typically signs to be able to coach, but he did so with Holcomb. I do think Geno can move in the pocket though and had the arm/mental ability. And you'd expect him to be able to put on 5-10 pounds of muscle through an NFL conditioning program without sacrificing much mobility, if that's what the coaches wanted him to do.

I wasn't discrediting anything Arians did, and didn't know what he had in Cleveland. I do like Geno, but you have to think with whom we are playing to end the year, we will get 1-3 more wins, Kansas City, I am not so sure. So, unless you feel comfortable (playing the GM role) to trade everything to get the first pick (over KC who right now is sitting in great position to retain it), with assuring Geno is the man (because he has everything Arians does/looks for in a QB) I just don't think he comes here with Geno on his mind...he would have to be looking past this year (Vet FA now, draft a mid rounder or one in the coming years).

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
I wasn't discrediting anything Arians did, and didn't know what he had in Cleveland. I do like Geno, but you have to think with whom we are playing to end the year, we will get 1-3 more wins, Kansas City, I am not so sure. So, unless you feel comfortable (playing the GM role) to trade everything to get the first pick (over KC who right now is sitting in great position to retain it), with assuring Geno is the man (because he has everything Arians does/looks for in a QB) I just don't think he comes here with Geno on his mind...he would have to be looking past this year (Vet FA now, draft a mid rounder or one in the coming years).
I didn't think you were discrediting him. Just painting the full picture of what he had to work with. It is interesting that he's typically only taken jobs where he ended up with big bodied move in the pocket type guys.

Otherwise, fair points. It really depends on how the team plays. I think if we're in position to get Geno, that could be something to lure him. That's what I was asking, if you though that type of talent, if we were in position to get him, would pull him over here. I suppose it also depends on Pagano's health. The Colts might keep Arians as HC until Pagano is completely healthy, which may (and I hope it isn't) be past the typical time that teams are getting their new staff together.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I didn't think you were discrediting him. Just painting the full picture of what he had to work with. It is interesting that he's typically only taken jobs where he ended up with big bodied move in the pocket type guys.

Otherwise, fair points. It really depends on how the team plays. I think if we're in position to get Geno, that could be something to lure him. That's what I was asking, if you though that type of talent, if we were in position to get him, would pull him over here. I suppose it also depends on Pagano's health. The Colts might keep Arians as HC until Pagano is completely healthy, which may (and I hope it isn't) be past the typical time that teams are getting their new staff together.

To be completely honest, I would much rather take Chip Kelly with Geno and his skill set over Arians at that point...Geno is exactly what Chip wants in his Quarterback. BUT BUT SABOTAGE GENO DONT RUNNN DUR. Chip's system is based on speed, decision making, and spreading out the defense so they tip their intent before the play, which makes the offensive line and quarterback's job at identifying and reacting and making the appropriate decision.

Here is the best piece on Chip.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8631595/the-success-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

down side is, there is no way he leaves Oregon to come to a team this bad off.

Quote:
For all of the hype surrounding Oregon games, Oregon practices might be even better. Oregon practices are filled with blaring music and players sprinting from drill to drill. Coaches interact with players primarily through whistles, air horns, and semi-communicative grunts. Operating under the constraint of NCAA-imposed practice time limits, Kelly's sessions are designed around one thing: maximizing time. Kelly's solution is simple: The practice field is for repetitions. Traditional "coaching" correcting mistakes, showing a player how to step one way or another, or lecturing on this or that football topic is better served in the film room.

The up-tempo, no-huddle offense ends up benefiting in practice as much as it does in games. Without time wasted huddling, players get many more practice repetitions, leading to increased efficiency on Saturdays. As Sam Snead once said, "practice is putting brains in your muscles," and Oregon's up-tempo practices are all about making Kelly's system second nature.

#JDI
Mr. V

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdjonesdrew32 wrote:
Bill Polian for high front office spot. keep Gene, but adjust his responsibilities.

HC option if Henne project fails:

Alan Williams DC from Minn could be a solid choice from the Dungy tree. maybe he brings Jim Caldwell in as QB coach or OC? Other big names could follow too.

Please no

iPwn wrote:

He'd be a good option along with Bill O'Brien.

I think Kelly goes to the NFL this season because Oregon might be getting NCAA sanctions soon. I would like to see him, along with Geno, in teal.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one curious to know if Chip Kelly can adapt his system to the pro game?

We've been seeing more and more spread looks in recent years, even more recent, option looks.

I can't help but think of what an offense with MJD, Geno and maybe Kenjon Barner may look like under Chip.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: