Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith: NFL sack leader
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Aldon Smith: NFL sack leader Reply with quote

15 sacks with 6 games left. Will this monster pass 20 this season???

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the Rams, Dolphins, and Cardinals all left on our schedule. I'd think he'd get sacks in those games, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up one against the Saints or Pats either. I honestly think he can make a run at the 22.5 single season sack record. He'd need a couple more big games, but I could see him pulling it off.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
We have the Rams, Dolphins, and Cardinals all left on our schedule. I'd think he'd get sacks in those games, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up one against the Saints or Pats either. I honestly think he can make a run at the 22.5 single season sack record. He'd need a couple more big games, but I could see him pulling it off.

Against the Cards and Rams I could see multible sacks. Is the Fins line bad?

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:

He's averaging 1.5 per game (obviously inflated by yesterday's game, though), which would put him at 9 more for the season, and 24 overall. So technically, he's on pace to break the record. I don't think he does it - but 5 more is extremely realistic and I'm hoping to see him become the 9th player ever to break that mark.

...then, next season, the first to ever break it twice. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:

I don't think they are bad, but they are starting a mobile rookie QB who could easily be chased down by Aldon's elite closing speed.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Long is one of the best LTs in the game. Dolphins fans have said he hasn't been as good with this new scheme, but it still won't be easy for Aldon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we play the Bears again?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Jake Long is one of the best LTs in the game. Dolphins fans have said he hasn't been as good with this new scheme, but it still won't be easy for Aldon.

Aldon doesn't play strictly over the LT. He stunts and like you saw tonight, he lines up over the RT at times. I could easily see Aldon get a couple more multiple sack games. Rams, Hawks, Cards, and Fins are all big possibilities IMO. He also sacked Brees in the playoffs last year FYI.

neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 sacks in 6 games. I hope it happens. Seeing all the bronco fans try and discredit it would be awesome.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="neezy007"]8 sacks in 6 games. I hope it happens. Seeing all the bronco fans try and discredit it would be awesome.[/quote

It's ridiculous the lack of respect that Aldon gets around the league and on this site.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Aldon doesn't play strictly over the LT. He stunts and like you saw tonight, he lines up over the RT at times. I could easily see Aldon get a couple more multiple sack games. Rams, Hawks, Cards, and Fins are all big possibilities IMO. He also sacked Brees in the playoffs last year FYI.

Obviously, but that doesn't mean the majority of the time Aldon won't be lining up against Jake Long.

Smith has a chance to get to the 20 sack mark, but it will be hard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
8 sacks in 6 games. I hope it happens. Seeing all the bronco fans try and discredit it would be awesome.

"but he playz wit justin smith!! its so easy von miller would have 30 sackkks omgz!!"

Beast
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon and Justin were on fire last night. They chopped wood all night long. That duo is scary. I love how grimey our defensive front is.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

"but he playz wit justin smith!! its so easy von miller would have 30 sackkks omgz!!"

I love it actually. I never liked Von Miller. When he was involved in that legal issue I was rooting for his failure, him and his goofy looking glasses always annoyed me. I probably would have stopped caring about him but Bronco fans always trash talk Aldon so I root for his failure. Every time Aldon goes beast mode I know the Bronco fans are sitting at home pissed because their false "he can't play the run" arguments don't matter as much when Aldon is owning people.

Even a few weeks ago people were saying almost all of his sacks come because of stunts with Justin Smith. Then last night he roflstomped both T's so nasty and they did very few stunts.

The Bears line really sucks but Aldon does look like he is improving which is scary because he was one of the better pass rushers in the league, he is looking the the best at the moment, and he can probably still get better.
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:

Jake Long has been awful as of late

-kiltman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: