Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I know we have not seen enough from Shea.

But it is frustrating to think we could have traded down and gotten Zeitler or my man Cordy Glenn who are both really good right now.

Oh Cordy.
Glenn would've been nice.

I am actually kind of surprised that he is playing so well at LT.

Buffalo's scheme is a big help with the amount of shotgun quick release plays they run but there is no doubt he has played well...great at a run blocker.

It will be interesting to see how this OL class falls.

Right now it looks like Fisher, Warmack and Cooper are screaming up draft boards.

Pauline from SI said he thinks Warmack and Cooper go in the top 15.

I don't think there is any doubt that Warmack will go top 15...his tape along is enough to warrant that before the offseason even rolls round...I'm surprised at just how well both Luke Joeckel & Jake Matthews have adjusted to the speed of the Dlines in the SEC…Joeckel looks like a top 5 pick and Matthews will also go in the 1st as well…Eric Fisher is rising as is Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson…and my guy Justin Pugh will all threaten the 1st round.

I am watching Lane Johnson right now and took a look at him online against WV and KState.

This guy has a lot of Nate Solder qualities in his ability to move and mirror.

Needs to get stronger and get his head out of his blocks, but the guy has a ton of ability.
He's been dominant today so far (even though he's playing nobody) but one block really stood out. The RE was able to break the initial block but he used his length to make the RE circle wider and was quick enough to re-engage the block. Really nice play.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again Johnson doesn't see the DT/DE stunt. Didnt effect anything but it will in the NFL.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Again Johnson doesn't see the DT/DE stunt. Didnt effect anything but it will in the NFL.

That is experience and coaching.

What I like is he has his body in great position a lot. The DE is always right between his legs, which means there is not an edge being given. He is forcing the bull rush every play.

Fluker is on later today which is going to be more must see.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I'm not as high on Thomas or Jones. I wouldn't spend a 1st on either. Warmack or Cooper would be great though.

Got to say I'm in the same camp...I wouldn't take Thomas in the 1st full stop and I would only take Jones because of the intangibles...Warmack would be perfect if we are going OG in the first but I feel he will be long gone by our pick...Cooper would be a great fit as well...an OT would be just as good IMO...I think it might be time to blow it up and start again...really wise there was an elite centre in this draft.

I am entering this offseason thinking I need 3 new starting OLmen if I am Phil Emery.

Anyone think with Webb's improvement that he could go back to RT?

Totally depends on what we do with the Offence as a whole…if Tice is still here then maybe Webb could go to RT then you have a real open competition between Carimi who you hope would improve and Webb who you hope could pick up the reverse technique of playing on the right side quicker then he picked it up going from right to left…

Personally I want the entire offence to change next season…our 3 best offensive players are Cutler, Marshall & Forte…Cutler and Marshall have already excelled in the “Bronco-Texans-Redskin” offence…Forte would be even better in a ZBS…lets go out and get a new OC like Redskins QB coach Matt LaFleur and get Jay and Marshall back in that scheme…sign an LT like Branden Albert…trade down a little and draft Jake Matthews to play RT then draft an OG like Omoregie Uzzi out of GT in the mid rounds to play LG…get athletic up front to match up with the growing number of physical freaks at OLB & DE around the NFL…then just copy the D that first made these guys great.
Having Smith in charge of recreating an offense is an absurdity guaranteed to fail.

I agree completely. Days of the defense winning rings for you is gone. Pass heavy run 2nd offense is what wins championships. Emery may see the same playoffs or not Lovie may be on his way out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec Ogletree continuing to play as mediocre as he has most of the season. He would be a fool to come out this year.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Alec Ogletree continuing to play as mediocre as he has most of the season. He would be a fool to come out this year.

I don't so strongly disagree with any poster as much as I do with you. I feel like it's pointless even arguing with you. Watch Tree be a better NFL talent than Manti Te'o.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I don't so strongly disagree with any poster as much as I do with you. I feel like it's pointless even arguing with you. Watch Tree be a better NFL talent than Manti Te'o.
Because he's taller and will run the 40 faster?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That just shows you. You know NOTHING about me. Your constantly being proven wrong on this board, it really is comical. I couldn't tell you the 40 time of a LB in the last 5 drafts, that's just what you do to evaluate talent... Rolling Eyes

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That just shows you. You know NOTHING about me. Your constantly being proven wrong on this board, it really is comical. I couldn't tell you the 40 time of a LB in the last 5 drafts, that's just what you do to evaluate talent... Rolling Eyes
Are you drunk?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Are you drunk?

Lol yea, and I still own you at making a point!

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys stop the personal stuff. Thanks.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flucker looked very OG like in the game.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Ya I wasnt sold on a RT in that game. I'd love him at OG though. Kid is a mauler and I love that attitude he brings.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Fluker looks like a guy we don't want on our team.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Fluker looks like a guy we don't want on our team.

If we are looking at OGs I think he has value.

But as an OT I just don't think it is going to work against the elite speed and moves he will see.

We need pass protectors and that is not what DJ Fluker is.

I came away far more impressed with Lane Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 7 of 32

Jump to: