Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOPER!

Someone had Joeckel going #1 tho..
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Give me CJ Mosely in round 1 please.

He's staying in school
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my hopes in the draft

1st- OT Eric Fisher (if gone I think we will go after Fluker, who could play RT or OG or Warmack). I believe 2 of those three will be off the board before we get our pick, but we will get a starting lineman here. Carimi battles for the RT and OG positions (against Troy Brown at LG), likely designated a guard.

2nd- If Fisher was gone OT Oday Aboushi, if Fisher then we go for WR Tavon Austin. I know, seems crazy to draft a WR this high, but I expect Hester to get cut. Too much money for too little production, and he is a terrible WR. Austin was born to play the slot.

4th- LB Jordan Cambell- I doubt we will have the money to go after a solid replacement for Urlacher, and Urlacher may want to finish with one more decent contract. So Roach may move over and Cambell takes over the sam backer position. Guy has a lot of potential, played great at USC, and is dominating in D-II.

5th- CB Will Davis. I would like to see Tyrann Mathieu here, getting to learn under Peanut but I think he goes early to mid 4th. Davis is a smooth player and is about 6 feet tall, so he can learn from our CBs and learn to use his height to his advantage. I doubt Hayden gets another shot with the Bears and DJ Moore obviously has an overinflated sense of his own talent, so he won't resign with us.

Undrafted Options
QB Landry Jones The guy killed his stock with some terrible throws and decision making, I think in large part to the team trying to make him carry the offense. He wasn't ready. But we're losing Cambell, and will likely have a QB specialized head coach, who may want to groom a player with a big arm and good size, but we don't have picks to spend on a back up QB.

QB Colin Klein
- He played great in college but is a VERY raw passer. I have heard some say he could be developed, but in the least he may give the running QB option. Not the big arm Jones has but fantastic mobility. Still a stretch for him to make the final cuts. Could develop into a Jeff Garcia type player.

WR Marquess Wilson- Left the team due to Leach's "abusive treatment" and that destroyed his stock. A great locker room could make him an ideal choice to call after the third day ends. Never will be more than a depth player but he has talent, enough to warrant a 5th if not for the flaws. A good season could have put him in the 4th.

DT- Montori Hughes- He was kicked off the Vols but has a great mix of talent and size. Hard to ignore that but I don't believe anyone will take the chance on him with a pick. I believe if he gets his head on straight then he becomes a starter in 3 years for some team. Not a star, but not the weak link of a line either. If his head is still where the sun doesn't shine, he is an undrafted rookie, cheap to cut. No risk involved.

OLB Meshak Williams- Played well against Oregon State in the Fiesta Bowl, and is a sam backer naturally. He even seems to have a decent pass rush ability. If those really get displayed at his pro day he will likely be drafted though.

OT Reid Fragel- I actually expect him to go in the 6th, but if he has a bad pro day then that and his lack of experience push him to undrafted. I like former TEs going to OT, ala Jason Peters, and this guy has talent. He is raw though, so he will need to get drilled and developed, especially to go against so of the power rushers.

S Jordan Kovacs- The guy is a fighter, through and through. He was a walk on and worked his way to playing time, and became a leader. Very tough and aggressive, but not overly athletic. I think he would be another special teams standout for us.

With that all being said I do believe the Bears make some moves in free agency.
-Melton (resigned)
Izzy- Cheap and versatile. He can rotate in at DT and DE, and will still get to keep his play count up due to it.
-Urlacher (only if another team doesn't bite on him. I'm guessing 25% chance he stays)
-Cook Jr (he wants the ball desperately, Cutler wants a TE desperately)
-Albert or Vollmer. Albert would be preferable, but I see him getting offered too much, and Vollmer falling to us. Loadholt might also be serviceable, though I would rather see him at RG, and Lance move to C.
-CB Mike Jenkins- I believe that losing his starting spot (the #1 CB) to TWO other CBs leaves a bitter taste in his mouth, and he refuses to resign. Seeing as he lost both spots and has had injury issues, he won't have much leverage for a deal. Emery makes moves and wants to stay high on talent, while also getting ready for the massive amount of contracts that must be done in the next 2 years.

I would also like to see Otah signed for the vet minimum. I know he failed a physical and has had injuries, but when healthy he was great. Sign him to a small contract, no guarantees, and try to get him healthy. Heck, give him a season to heal and get in good shape by putting him on IR if need be, and if he heals you have a solid rotational piece at minimum, or possible a solid starter for 2 years if he reverts back to form. If he gets out of shape or shows no considerable improvement, then it was a cheap loss. Zero risk involved.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Joecke reallyl that amazing?
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Give me CJ Mosely in round 1 please.
He's a great player. He's close to being on Teo's level for me.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo struggled a bit last night. Missing a few tackles. Nothing that should effect his stock to much but he could be in play at #20.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Teo struggled a bit last night. Missing a few tackles. Nothing that should effect his stock to much but he could be in play at #20.

He really did struggle last night, I saw him miss his coverage assignment more than once. He doesn't have near the speed at a position not valued high enough to be a top 10 pick. I think we may see a slide on draft day, at which time I'd be shocked if Emery didn't try and trade a 4th or 5th to move up a few spots to ensure him. I think it's inevitable at this point, there's MAYBE 3 day 1 starters at LT in this draft class, I see all going top 15. That position is gunna have to be solidified through FA. I see MLB undoubtedly the #1 need come draft day 2013.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

He really did struggle last night, I saw him miss his coverage assignment more than once. He doesn't have near the speed at a position not valued high enough to be a top 10 pick. I think we may see a slide on draft day, at which time I'd be shocked if Emery didn't try and trade a 4th or 5th to move up a few spots to ensure him. I think it's inevitable at this point, there's MAYBE 3 day 1 starters at LT in this draft class, I see all going top 15. That position is gunna have to be solidified through FA. I see MLB undoubtedly the #1 need come draft day 2013.

There were some nice MLB prospects available in the second and third rounds of last years draft - I think you're right that its a position that could drop again.

I don't think we'll see a first spent on OL, and maybe not even a second (I'd love to see them grab a TE if one drops).

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Bears going in one of three directions with their 1st round pick come April. IMO they will choose from one of the following positions from most likely to least likely.

OL
LB
TE
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

It's all going to depend on what happens with Urlacher. If the new HC keeps Marinelli I think it only enhances the chances he is back next year, and if he's here for 2013 then MLB is still a need but not a first round need.

I do think there is a position we may consider in the first round that isn't being talked about, and that's CB. Tillman and Jennings are both UFA after this year and if I recall correctly the only corners under contract beyond 2013 are the guys we drafted at the bottom of last year's draft. I think the likelihood we can afford to keep both Peanut and Jennings after next year is probably pretty small, and even if we can this next year is Peanut's 11th season.

Not saying it happens - just saying it wouldn't surprise me, and if we could somehow get Milliner that'd be a great thing.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

It's all going to depend on what happens with Urlacher. If the new HC keeps Marinelli I think it only enhances the chances he is back next year, and if he's here for 2013 then MLB is still a need but not a first round need.

I do think there is a position we may consider in the first round that isn't being talked about, and that's CB. Tillman and Jennings are both UFA after this year and if I recall correctly the only corners under contract beyond 2013 are the guys we drafted at the bottom of last year's draft. I think the likelihood we can afford to keep both Peanut and Jennings after next year is probably pretty small, and even if we can this next year is Peanut's 11th season.

Not saying it happens - just saying it wouldn't surprise me, and if we could somehow get Milliner that'd be a great thing.

I agree completely. I was just assuming Urlacher retires or is not brought back, for some reason Him returning hasn't really crossed my mind.. However it's becoming more likely. People seem to be so locked into our needs, I rarely see anybody mock BPA at our spot, Milliner would be a GREAT pick. As would guys like Dion Jordan, Johnathan Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, maybe Sam Mobtgomery. I'd take all these guys before I reach on an Olineman.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Even if Urlacher is brought back if Teo is there we'd likely pick him. He can play SLB for a season and then move to MLB.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kouandjio was supposed to be a Hawkeye, just like Henderson before him, grr its so frustrating

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Kouandjio was supposed to be a Hawkeye, just like Henderson before him, grr its so frustrating

That's why his name seems so familiar! Yeah I remember that now.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I agree completely. I was just assuming Urlacher retires or is not brought back, for some reason Him returning hasn't really crossed my mind.. However it's becoming more likely. People seem to be so locked into our needs, I rarely see anybody mock BPA at our spot, Milliner would be a GREAT pick. As would guys like Dion Jordan, Johnathan Hankins, Sheldon Richardson, maybe Sam Mobtgomery. I'd take all these guys before I reach on an Olineman.
I've always been a fan of BPA. I would take other positions over OL. There's only 5 O linemen I'd likely take in the 1st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 21 of 32

Jump to: