Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
LB Khaseem Greene [Rutgers] is playing Virginia Tech right now and he looks like Navarro Bowmans little brother.
He's a good player. His instincts aren't always great but he could be a 2nd round pick for us.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
LB Khaseem Greene [Rutgers] is playing Virginia Tech right now and he looks like Navarro Bowmans little brother.
He's a good player. His instincts aren't always great but he could be a 2nd round pick for us.

I’m watching the game on delay and I agree he doesn’t have outstanding instincts but enough combined with his closing speed to be a quality read and react LB…my biggest concern with him…and it has to be said the entire Rutgers D…is their tackling technique…they make some great hits but seem to forget to bring their arms on tackles…that won’t work so well in the pros so he will have to work on that.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I’m watching the game on delay and I agree he doesn’t have outstanding instincts but enough combined with his closing speed to be a quality read and react LB…my biggest concern with him…and it has to be said the entire Rutgers D…is their tackling technique…they make some great hits but seem to forget to bring their arms on tackles…that won’t work so well in the pros so he will have to work on that.
I haven't watched any of this game but I actually really like him as a WLB. I think he can play any of the spots though. He's a strong physical kid so I think he'll be a fine tackler in the NFL. You can coach that up. My only real issue is with the instincts. He also doesn't seem to have as good of a feel for zone coverage as you'd like from a converted DB. He doesn't seem to read the QB as well as I'd like. He's below guys like Teo, Hodges, Ogletree, Brown in that aspect.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I haven't watched any of this game but I actually really like him as a WLB. I think he can play any of the spots though. He's a strong physical kid so I think he'll be a fine tackler in the NFL. You can coach that up. My only real issue is with the instincts. He also doesn't seem to have as good of a feel for zone coverage as you'd like from a converted DB. He doesn't seem to read the QB as well as I'd like. He's below guys like Teo, Hodges, Ogletree, Brown in that aspect.

Of course but when you’re talking about potential 2nd round picks I would like to see that already in his game…it’s a small thing but an important one never the less.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Pompei...

Quote:
Tuesday was a good day for the Bears' draft plans. This is why:

According to @tonypauline, Syracuse OT Justin Pugh decided to enter the draft rather than return to school. Pugh could be a late first round pick, and his presence makes the OT class deeper for teams in need like the Bears.

YES!!!!!!...Get this man Phil Very Happy
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

According to @tonypauline, Syracuse OT Justin Pugh decided to enter the draft rather than return to school. Pugh could be a late first round pick, and his presence makes the OT class deeper for teams in need like the Bears.

I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on him but he would be a good pick.

Pauline gave Pugh a 4-5th round grade.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6624
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

No way he makes it that deep in the draft...positional value alone makes him worth far more...if we could trade down to late 1st-early 2nd I would pull the trigger...if he is there in the 2nd at our pick it would be great.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

No way he makes it that deep in the draft...positional value alone makes him worth far more...if we could trade down to late 1st-early 2nd I would pull the trigger...if he is there in the 2nd at our pick it would be great.
I don't think he has the size or strength to warrant a top 50 pick. I'd consider him as early as round 2. If we go zone Cooper in the first and Pugh in the second would be good.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

I don't think he has the size or strength to warrant a top 50 pick. I'd consider him as early as round 2. If we go zone Cooper in the first and Pugh in the second would be good.

I think he has to work on his upperbody strength…like most college Olinemen…but size isn’t an issue IMO…he is 6-5” and will be up at 300lbs+ by the combine…that is the kind of size I see the NFL looking for in OTs these days…6-8” 330lbs OT can’t live with the athletic DE’s & 3-4 OLB we are seeing these days…the game is being played more in space than in previous years and Olinemen are going to have to adapt to that.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

I think he has to work on his upperbody strength…like most college Olinemen…but size isn’t an issue IMO…he is 6-5” and will be up at 300lbs+ by the combine…that is the kind of size I see the NFL looking for in OTs these days…6-8” 330lbs OT can’t live with the athletic DE’s & 3-4 OLB we are seeing these days…the game is being played more in space than in previous years and Olinemen are going to have to adapt to that.
There's still a run game though. You have to be able to do both. He can't move people. Zebrie Sanders was a potential 1st round pick when he way 280 which is a similar size to Pugh now. He gained 40 lbs before the draft and looked bad.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

There's still a run game though. You have to be able to do both. He can't move people. Zebrie Sanders was a potential 1st round pick when he way 280 which is a similar size to Pugh now. He gained 40 lbs before the draft and looked bad.

At 300lbs you can do plenty in the run game with the proper technique which will always be more important that just size...Pugh is listed at 297lbs...he doesn't have to add 40lbs and shouldn't add 40lbs...he doesn't need to be much bigger than he is now...guys like Matt Light & Jordan Gross never were and they were consummate pros who were factors in both the run and pass game.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

At 300lbs you can do plenty in the run game with the proper technique which will always be more important that just size...Pugh is listed at 297lbs...he doesn't have to add 40lbs and shouldn't add 40lbs...he doesn't need to be much bigger than he is now...guys like Matt Light & Jordan Gross never were and they were consummate pros who were factors in both the run and pass game.

I'd be more comfortable with him going before us and having one of the other top guys drop to us. I am skeptical about a guy having to add a bunch of weight to play OT - I'd be far more comfortable with a guy I already know can play at a heavier weight. I agree 300 lbs is probably big enough but I'll want to see where he weighs in at the combine and his pro day.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

I'd be more comfortable with him going before us and having one of the other top guys drop to us. I am skeptical about a guy having to add a bunch of weight to play OT - I'd be far more comfortable with a guy I already know can play at a heavier weight. I agree 300 lbs is probably big enough but I'll want to see where he weighs in at the combine and his pro day.

I remember people talking about Kalil's weight last year...Pugh obviously isn't anything like that good but it's possible for guys to add very little weight and be very effective in the NFL...Pugh has enough weight IMO if he is around his listed weight of 297lbs...he just needs to add some strength with certainly isn't all about mass.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

I remember people talking about Kalil's weight last year...Pugh obviously isn't anything like that good but it's possible for guys to add very little weight and be very effective in the NFL...Pugh has enough weight IMO if he is around his listed weight of 297lbs...he just needs to add some strength with certainly isn't all about mass.

Agreed.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Pompei...

Quote:

Pugh doesn't look like he's 297. His film shows he's a poor run blocker. His weight isn't really the issue with that. It's his strength.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 14 of 32

Jump to: