Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Interesting that Arkansas OG Alvin Bailey declared...6-5" 315lbs...powerful and athletic with experience of playing both Left & Right Guard in Arkansas' offensive scheme he could be an option if we get into the 3rd or possibly 4th round.

I love his size and power.

But Arkansas has had such little success with OLmen in the NFL.

Maybe they stopped that idiotic strong side weak side tackle/guard crap.

Yeah I have no idea why they think that is a good idea...it shows their hand on every play.

It also stunts the development of the players technique since they are constantly switching stances and steps.

I just don't know about Arkansas OLmen.

Like I said I certainly wouldn't go above the 3rd but I reckon the 4th is more realistic...I think he is a little more refined than just a development prospect but there is no doubt being plugged in at only one position would help him…all depends of course on what kind of Olinemen we are looking at this offseason.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/12/20/3789944/cj-mosley-nfl-draft-alabama

CJ Mosley is going back to school
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/12/20/3789944/cj-mosley-nfl-draft-alabama

With Nico Johnson leaving it is more than likely good for Mosley himself to go back so he can play on early downs more...sucks for us tho.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

With Nico Johnson leaving it is more than likely good for Mosley himself to go back so he can play on early downs more...sucks for us tho.

I know we may need a LB.

But how can Emery not go offense early and often in the draft with how baldy the weaknesses of this team have been exposed.

Another offseason ignoring the offense would turn the attention from Jerry not doing anything to Emery now ignoring the OL for a 2nd year.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

But how can Emery not go offense early and often in the draft with how baldy the weaknesses of this team have been exposed.

Another offseason ignoring the offense would turn the attention from Jerry not doing anything to Emery now ignoring the OL for a 2nd year.

For me he has to get a bell cow Olinemen in FA...trade out of the 1st and use the two 2nd round picks on another Olinemen and MLB...that would then open up all options in the 3rd round from the trade down like a TE or another Olinemen...could even go CB at that point.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

We also really need a new MLB. If Urlacher leaves we can't have Roach at MLB. That weakens 2 spots greatly. MLB and SLB.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

We also really need a new MLB. If Urlacher leaves we can't have Roach at MLB. That weakens 2 spots greatly. MLB and SLB.

Nick Roach can easily cover up Urlacher's on field play.

And no draft pick is going to cover up his leadership.

I think we draft a LB in the 4th round.

I feel more comfortable with Roach starting at MLB than,

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT
Roach has proven to me that he definitely can't fill the void at MLB. He needs to stay at SLB.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT
Roach has proven to me that he definitely can't fill the void at MLB. He needs to stay at SLB.

But Kellen Davis and our OL have shown they should not be in the NFL.

So for me it is about priorities.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

True but for me it's about value. They're all needs.
1WngdAngel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

Ignoring the offense for another year would be down right stupid. It's time for this team, it's management, and fans to step into the modern NFL and realize the offense, the side of the ball responsible for scoring points that win games, is vastly more important than anything else. I honestly couldn't care less if Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, or anyone else left this team is some fashion, you draft offense and make it so you can put points on the board and win.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

Agreed...no one will convince me that a TE is more important that finding a replacement if Urlacher goes.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1WngdAngel wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

Ignoring the offense for another year would be down right stupid. It's time for this team, it's management, and fans to step into the modern NFL and realize the offense, the side of the ball responsible for scoring points that win games, is vastly more important than anything else. I honestly couldn't care less if Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, or anyone else left this team is some fashion, you draft offense and make it so you can put points on the board and win.
The 49ers and there top D just beat the Patriots. It's a team game. You can have a great D and no O, and you cant have a great O and no D. If we spent a 1st on a MLB that doesn't mean we would neglect the offense. We have other picks and free agency.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

Agreed...no one will convince me that a TE is more important that finding a replacement if Urlacher goes.

I agree IF Lovie is still here. What 54 does in the Lovie 2 is more important than what MLB do in some other schemes.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
1WngdAngel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
1WngdAngel wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I know we may need a LB.

Kellen Davis at TE
Webb at LT
Brown/Williams at LG
Garza at C
Scott at RT

The 49ers and there top D just beat the Patriots. It's a team game. You can have a great D and no O, and you cant have a great O and no D. If we spent a 1st on a MLB that doesn't mean we would neglect the offense. We have other picks and free agency.

Uh no, the 49ers and their top D gave up 34 to the Patriots and their offense dropped 41 and won the game. For all the crying fans did about Jerry Angelo disregarding the offense they are no better, always want the defensive player. Build an offense for the first time in team history and go out and win some games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 12 of 32

Jump to: