Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects Reply with quote

With the college season winding down and a look towards the future perhaps we should discuss some of the upcoming draft.

This draft seems stacked at interior OL and that is a nice thing for the Bears and we can address that position.

Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Dallas Thomas

Would all be a huge upgrade at LG.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones and Dallas Thomas is the way we should go
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears will be in the Prime position to take the best OG in the Draft and i think they need to pull the trigger. Who ever that may be and play him at LG.

Let Rachel go, and sign back Louis as RG

FA/Webb
1st
Garza/FA
Luis
Carimi/Webb (or put Carimi in at RG and move Luis out to RT. Luis held his own at RT last year. Then see if Carimi can handle RG as i think he would be better then on the out side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 1st round pick needs to be one of two players... Barrett Jones or Johnathan Cooper.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones or Thomas will hopefully be on the board. This is a poor draft for LTs and lots of teams need one, so Joeckel will probably go pretty high and Lewan may as well.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as high on Thomas or Jones. I wouldn't spend a 1st on either. Warmack or Cooper would be great though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I'm not as high on Thomas or Jones. I wouldn't spend a 1st on either. Warmack or Cooper would be great though.

LT: Bushrod
LG: Cooper
C: Garza
RG: Louis
RT: Webb/Carimi

I think that is realistic and a huge upgrade.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

LT: Bushrod
LG: Cooper
C: Garza
RG: Louis
RT: Webb/Carimi

I think that is realistic and a huge upgrade.
I'd be all for that.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 5 picks, we need:

OG
OT/OG/OC any of these upgrades us
LB
TE one who can catch, stretch the field
3rd string QB(I dont see us resigning Campbell unless he shows us something)

Trading down is always an option
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

Got to say I'm in the same camp...I wouldn't take Thomas in the 1st full stop and I would only take Jones because of the intangibles...Warmack would be perfect if we are going OG in the first but I feel he will be long gone by our pick...Cooper would be a great fit as well...an OT would be just as good IMO...I think it might be time to blow it up and start again...really wise there was an elite centre in this draft.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Got to say I'm in the same camp...I wouldn't take Thomas in the 1st full stop and I would only take Jones because of the intangibles...Warmack would be perfect if we are going OG in the first but I feel he will be long gone by our pick...Cooper would be a great fit as well...an OT would be just as good IMO...I think it might be time to blow it up and start again...really wise there was an elite centre in this draft.
Got to go with Cooper or Warmack at this point though. I've heard that Cooper's top grade by many is at center. Jones I wouldn't take in the 1st, the physical upside just isn't there even if he can swing and get you out at four of the five positions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I am entering this offseason thinking I need 3 new starting OLmen if I am Phil Emery.

Anyone think with Webb's improvement that he could go back to RT?
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I am entering this offseason thinking I need 3 new starting OLmen if I am Phil Emery.

We can't replace all of them so I'd focus on a OT and OG. A LT and LG would be ideal. Then let the rest compete.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Totally depends on what we do with the Offence as a whole…if Tice is still here then maybe Webb could go to RT then you have a real open competition between Carimi who you hope would improve and Webb who you hope could pick up the reverse technique of playing on the right side quicker then he picked it up going from right to left…

Personally I want the entire offence to change next season…our 3 best offensive players are Cutler, Marshall & Forte…Cutler and Marshall have already excelled in the “Bronco-Texans-Redskin” offence…Forte would be even better in a ZBS…lets go out and get a new OC like Redskins QB coach Matt LaFleur and get Jay and Marshall back in that scheme…sign an LT like Branden Albert…trade down a little and draft Jake Matthews to play RT then draft an OG like Omoregie Uzzi out of GT in the mid rounds to play LG…get athletic up front to match up with the growing number of physical freaks at OLB & DE around the NFL…then just copy the D that first made these guys great.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Totally depends on what we do with the Offence as a whole…if Tice is still here then maybe Webb could go to RT then you have a real open competition between Carimi who you hope would improve and Webb who you hope could pick up the reverse technique of playing on the right side quicker then he picked it up going from right to left…

Personally I want the entire offence to change next season…our 3 best offensive players are Cutler, Marshall & Forte…Cutler and Marshall have already excelled in the “Bronco-Texans-Redskin” offence…Forte would be even better in a ZBS…lets go out and get a new OC like Redskins QB coach Matt LaFleur and get Jay and Marshall back in that scheme…sign an LT like Branden Albert…trade down a little and draft Jake Matthews to play RT then draft an OG like Omoregie Uzzi out of GT in the mid rounds to play LG…get athletic up front to match up with the growing number of physical freaks at OLB & DE around the NFL…then just copy the D that first made these guys great.
Having Smith in charge of recreating an offense is an absurdity guaranteed to fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: