Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the deal I offer Jake Long if he takes it great if not I move on.

5 years 45 million/22 guaranteed/12 signing bonus

Year 1: 4 million salary/2.4 million signing bonus [6.4]
Year 2: 3 million salary/2.4 million signing bonus/3 million roster bonus [8.4]
Year 3: 4 million salary/2.4 million signing bonus/3 million roster bonus [9.4]
Year 4: 4 million salary/2.4 million signing bonus/3 million roster bonus [9.4]
Year 5: 8 million salary/2.4 million signing bonus/1 million roster bonus [11.4]

*I use roster bonuses to make up a sizable portion of the guarantees as they protect us against his injuring himself. If he injures himself we can move on and recoup everything except for the signing bonus and money already paid.

If he stays healthy he cashes a 3 million dollar guaranteed check every March 3rd.

*We also can cut him in year 4 with only 2.4 in dead money or restructure the deal as their is a ton of no guaranteed space.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "little or no chatter in league circles" about any team making a major push for free agent LT Jake Long.

"Some" NFL teams reportedly believe Long needs to play right tackle instead of left, which would severely diminish his market value. Long is also coming off back-to-back disappointing seasons. Our gut feeling all along has been that Long will wind up re-signing with the Dolphins on a deal worth significantly less than he's seeking. His current asking price is a laughable $11 million a year.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "little or no chatter in league circles" about any team making a major push for free agent LT Jake Long.

"Some" NFL teams reportedly believe Long needs to play right tackle instead of left, which would severely diminish his market value. Long is also coming off back-to-back disappointing seasons. Our gut feeling all along has been that Long will wind up re-signing with the Dolphins on a deal worth significantly less than he's seeking. His current asking price is a laughable $11 million a year.

I really wonder if the entire OT market is going to be disappointed by the dollars that are out there.

I am hoping we still get Bushrod for 6 million or less.

Maybe Sup was right and Beatty is going to get more just so the Giants could keep him away from other teams and not take the risk.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

I really wonder if the entire OT market is going to be disappointed by the dollars that are out there.

Maybe Sup was right and Beatty is going to get more just so the Giants could keep him away from other teams and not take the risk.

I'm still taking Albert @ 8m AND Long @ 9 m over Bushrod @ 6 m.

And New York clearly views Beatty as an elite LT, they didn't see a gap between he and Long/Albert. I can see them getting maybe 9 million a year and I would be shocked if Miami payed Long that.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

I'm still taking Albert @ 8m AND Long @ 9 m over Bushrod @ 6 m.

And New York clearly views Beatty as an elite LT, they didn't see a gap between he and Long/Albert. I can see them getting maybe 9 million a year and I would be shocked if Miami payed Long that.

That is assuming that we have 8 million to spend.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to SI's Peter King, several teams are "scared" of free agent RT Andre Smith.

Per King, teams "fear what a big signing bonus would do to (Smith's) desire." The No. 6 pick of the 2009 draft struggled with weight and injury issues his first two years in the league, and didn't put it all together until he was playing for a new contract. Smith was perhaps the league's most dominant right tackle in 2013, but his past will be a ghost in negotiations.

CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that teams can begin negotiating with other teams' free agents on the 9th, but they don't become official/signed until the 12th. Did anyone else know this?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I just read that teams can begin negotiating with other teams' free agents on the 9th, but they don't become official/signed until the 12th. Did anyone else know this?

Yes - that was the big change for this years FA. Now teams can legally 'tamper' with a FA before the signing period begins.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Yeah they started this after the lockout last year. Christmas comes early

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have reached an "impasse" with free agent Jared Cook over their franchise-tag dispute, and it's "safe to say" they will not reach a long-term deal on Monday.

That means Cook will hit the open market. The fact that the Titans aren't willing to tag Cook as a tight end suggests they believe Cook would have won the argument that he should be considered a receiver. That would have far-reaching implications for future free agent tight ends. Watching Cook walk would be bad news for a team that needs to surround Jake Locker with as much talent as possible, but a potential boon for Cook's fantasy value. He's been criminally underused throughout his four years in Tennessee.

Via Rotoworld

I'd love for Cook to be a Bear, provided his contract demands aren't outrageous
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the FT deadline today?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

4 PM ET I believe
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have reached an "impasse" with free agent Jared Cook over their franchise-tag dispute, and it's "safe to say" they will not reach a long-term deal on Monday.

That means Cook will hit the open market. The fact that the Titans aren't willing to tag Cook as a tight end suggests they believe Cook would have won the argument that he should be considered a receiver. That would have far-reaching implications for future free agent tight ends. Watching Cook walk would be bad news for a team that needs to surround Jake Locker with as much talent as possible, but a potential boon for Cook's fantasy value. He's been criminally underused throughout his four years in Tennessee.

Via Rotoworld

I'd love for Cook to be a Bear, provided his contract demands aren't outrageous

Cook would be a great addition to the team.

Theo Epstien said you want to pay for what a player is going to do not for what they have done in the past.

Cook is on the border of really breaking out.

Last edited by WindyCity on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

4 PM ET I believe
Correct
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice part about TE is because of positional value the contract is going to be significantly smaller than OT.

The Bears could sign the best TE on the market [Cook] for 5-6 million instead of paying the best OT [Albert] 10 million. TE might be the best use of the Bears limited free agent resources.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 52 of 67

Jump to: