Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
Really donít understand the Bushrod hype. Yes Chicago pursued him and the past and they have a connection with him though Kromer but I am still not sold on signing him and moving Webb to RT. If the Bears ink Bushrod they are replacing a average LT (Webb) with another average LT (Bushrod) except the new LT will command 5-7 million per season. Then you move Webb to the right side and hope he blossoms into a good RT. Sign Gosder Cherilus and get a guaranteed good RT at the same price as Bushrod without moving the highest rated o-lineman on your team.

If Chicago moves Webb to RT it should be because they signed a stud LT like Albert not an average one like Bushrod.

Jake Long is a risky deal. He was great two years ago but his play has diminished a lot recently. Some say because of injury other say because of a steep decline in skill. Depending on the price Long could be a major boom/bust deal. If you sign the Long of two years ago for 8 mil per season it a good deal. If you are getting the Jake Long in steep decline the move will burn you down the road. Tough call, got to look at his tape and medical history and go from there.

Cherilus would be a good signing, but he does have knee issue and recently had work done on his knee.

And while we all think that Bushrod is totally average the NFL does not.

And PFF who labeled him as average had him as a top 10 OT last season, in 2012 he did not have a great year, but then again many Saints did not have it.

We are looking at the positives with Bushrod because there is a lot of reasons why he will be our target.

Why does everyone act like moving Webb to RT is going to be this big deal?

1. It is an easier position to play.
2. He has played there before.
3. Switching sides as an OT is not that difficult.

I'm taking Branden Albert @ 8 million over Bushrod @ 6 million every day of the week... And I actually like Webb at RT.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Appearing on ESPNews Saturday, John Clayton suggested that free agent LT Jake Long "could go to Chicago" if he hits the market.
And hit the market Long will likely do, as he's yet to deem any of the Dolphins' contract offers sufficient and is not a candidate for the franchise tag. The Bears are obviously in the market for offensive line help, and have plenty of salary cap space. Both Long and Branden Albert would be fits in Chicago.

Fantasy Football news and analysis, draft guide, cheatsheets and projections - Rotoworld

I would happily welcome Long although it wouldn't be without some concerns. When he's healthy he's a top 3 LT, and if we're sure he is healthy that's a home run add IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
KG1187

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
Really donít understand the Bushrod hype. Yes Chicago pursued him and the past and they have a connection with him though Kromer but I am still not sold on signing him and moving Webb to RT. If the Bears ink Bushrod they are replacing a average LT (Webb) with another average LT (Bushrod) except the new LT will command 5-7 million per season. Then you move Webb to the right side and hope he blossoms into a good RT. Sign Gosder Cherilus and get a guaranteed good RT at the same price as Bushrod without moving the highest rated o-lineman on your team.

If Chicago moves Webb to RT it should be because they signed a stud LT like Albert not an average one like Bushrod.

Jake Long is a risky deal. He was great two years ago but his play has diminished a lot recently. Some say because of injury other say because of a steep decline in skill. Depending on the price Long could be a major boom/bust deal. If you sign the Long of two years ago for 8 mil per season it a good deal. If you are getting the Jake Long in steep decline the move will burn you down the road. Tough call, got to look at his tape and medical history and go from there.

Cherilus would be a good signing, but he does have knee issue and recently had work done on his knee.

And while we all think that Bushrod is totally average the NFL does not.

And PFF who labeled him as average had him as a top 10 OT last season, in 2012 he did not have a great year, but then again many Saints did not have it.

We are looking at the positives with Bushrod because there is a lot of reasons why he will be our target.

Why does everyone act like moving Webb to RT is going to be this big deal?

1. It is an easier position to play.
2. He has played there before.
3. Switching sides as an OT is not that difficult.

I'm taking Branden Albert @ 8 million over Bushrod @ 6 million every day of the week... And I actually like Webb at RT.

I also agree about Long for 8mil VS Bushrod for 6mil. Although itís not as clear cut as some think because of Long's health and steep decline in play over the past two seasons. Jake Long is a huge risk. Will the bleeding continue or can he regain old form? Thatís what Emery and Trestmen need to determine.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long scares me.

That being said I think he would be a home run swing, because when healthy he is arguably the best OT in the NFL.

The price tag would be important.

What I like is he has suffered arm injuries and not back or knee problems. Arm injuries can be managed and worked around. A 6'7" 320lbs man with a bad back is in trouble.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Long scares me.

That being said I think he would be a home run swing, because when healthy he is arguably the best OT in the NFL.

What I like is he has suffered arm injuries and not back or knee problems. Arm injuries can be managed and worked around. A 6'7" 320lbs man with a bad back is in trouble.

Jake Long wants to get paid.

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport hears that free agent LT Jake Long is seeking $11 million per year on his next contract. The Miami Herald reported late in January that Long was looking for upwards of $10 million annually, so this coincides with that.

CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Long scares me.

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport hears that free agent LT Jake Long is seeking $11 million per year on his next contract. The Miami Herald reported late in January that Long was looking for upwards of $10 million annually, so this coincides with that.

Way too much for a guy with that many question marks, I doubt he sees that.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:

Quote:

That's a lot of cash for a guy who has had injury issues the past few years. Big gamble.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Long scares me.

Quote:
And I want Emma Stone to deliver me a $1M in a negligee. For some reason I have serious doubts of either happening.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Long scares me.

Quote:
And I want Emma Stone to deliver me a $1M in a negligee. For some reason I have serious doubts of either happening.

Lol. I can't see him getting anything higher than 5/45

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5/45 we are talking.

5/55 I am laughing on my way out of the room.
KG1187

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to realgm Andre Smith wants 9 mil per season. Hefty price for a RT but he is arguably the best in the league. Would rather have Long/Albert for the same price or Cherilus/Bushrod for less.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
According to realgm Andre Smith wants 9 mil per season. Hefty price for a RT but he is arguably the best in the league. Would rather have Long/Albert for the same price or Cherilus/Bushrod for less.

I agree. I'm taking Long/Albert at 8-9 million over Andre Smith.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

I agree. I'm taking Long/Albert at 8-9 million over Andre Smith.

Wait, Andre Smith with his shirt on and off? Because I don't want to have to see Smith going bare-chested in Bourbonnais on a hot July day. Seeing Chris Williams like that was scary enough. Shocked
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SI_PeterKing: RT @PriscoCBS: Demise of Jake Long has been greatly exaggerated. He isn't as good as his rep, but still pretty good ...I think Pete's right.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SI_PeterKing: RT @OmarKelly: RT @PriscoCBS: Demise of Jake Long has been greatly exaggerated....I think Pete's rightĽ I know he's right ... Omar knows.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 51 of 67

Jump to: