Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
What players do you guys think we will see follow there couches here that the Bears just hired?

It happen every year
jermon bushrod is the only likely one

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
What players do you guys think we will see follow there couches here that the Bears just hired?

It happen every year
jermon bushrod is the only likely one

Daryl Smith also wouldn't surprise me.
Epyon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Our WR core is fine.

Watch how much more production we get when we have REAL coaching and a QB that throws for 4500 yards.

Idk about "fine" but in a decent place...

I think the biggest concerns for receiver right now:

-Lack of any TE threat. Getting another body out into coverage will get the other receivers open more.

-Just awful O-line play, not giving receivers enough time to get open, and forcing 2 potential ball catchers (running back/tight end) to stay in to block.

-Lack of Depth. Injuries happen. Alshon was gone for half the season, and our receiver core doesn't have anywhere near the talent depth to account for any of the starters being injured. I'd also add that having solid depth here gives you the ability to challenge the defense cardio wise, since you can rotate receivers in and give starters mid-drive breathers.

-Lack of utilization. Forte is probably our #2 receiver, and hasn't been used that way. Truth be told, Armando Allen is probably our #4 receiver, and spends 99% of the time warming the bench. Getting them both more involved, even if in a hybrid RB/Receiver role could be a big boon to our receiver core, without having to make roster changes.

-Scheme/playcalling. Should hopefully be solved with Trestman here, but this was arguably the biggest issue last season, and why we had to depend so much on Marshal.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Our WR core is fine.

Watch how much more production we get when we have REAL coaching and a QB that throws for 4500 yards.

Idk about "fine" but in a decent place...

I think the biggest concerns for receiver right now:

-Lack of any TE threat. Getting another body out into coverage will get the other receivers open more.

-Just awful O-line play, not giving receivers enough time to get open, and forcing 2 potential ball catchers (running back/tight end) to stay in to block.

-Lack of Depth. Injuries happen. Alshon was gone for half the season, and our receiver core doesn't have anywhere near the talent depth to account for any of the starters being injured. I'd also add that having solid depth here gives you the ability to challenge the defense cardio wise, since you can rotate receivers in and give starters mid-drive breathers.

-Lack of utilization. Forte is probably our #2 receiver, and hasn't been used that way. Truth be told, Armando Allen is probably our #4 receiver, and spends 99% of the time warming the bench. Getting them both more involved, even if in a hybrid RB/Receiver role could be a big boon to our receiver core, without having to make roster changes.

-Scheme/playcalling. Should hopefully be solved with Trestman here, but this was arguably the biggest issue last season, and why we had to depend so much on Marshal.

I should have said is fine in comparison to the glaring needs at OL and TE.

Earl Bennett is our #3 and that is okay.

Kellen Davis is our starting TE and that is not.

JMarcus Webb is our starting LT and that is not.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Daryl Smith is a likely target for us to go after. He know the D. He has the skill set to play MLB. I think he would be a real good pick up. Even if we want to bring Urlacher back as a 2 down MLB and have Smith play SLB in the 4-3. We can go with Smith and Briggs in the nickel and have him take over full time at MLB next season.
fourth-phase

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I think Daryl Smith is a likely target for us to go after. He know the D. He has the skill set to play MLB. I think he would be a real good pick up. Even if we want to bring Urlacher back as a 2 down MLB and have Smith play SLB in the 4-3. We can go with Smith and Briggs in the nickel and have him take over full time at MLB next season.

I like the Daryl Smith idea, has SLB and some MLB experience. Do you think Jonathan Vilma could be a target if Bears don't resign Urlacher? Vilma is same age as Smith with more MLB experience in the 4-3. I understand the Saints connection is on offense, I just wonder if Vilma could be a good pick up while future replacement is groomed.

I am not arguing Vilma over Urlacher, just throwing out an idea.

Priority for me is signing either free agent tackle or guard. Though I really hope Bears are in play for Jared Cook.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I like the Daryl Smith idea, has SLB and some MLB experience. Do you think Jonathan Vilma could be a target if Bears don't resign Urlacher? Vilma is same age as Smith with more MLB experience in the 4-3. I understand the Saints connection is on offense, I just wonder if Vilma could be a good pick up while future replacement is groomed.

Priority for me is signing either free agent tackle or guard. Though I really hope Bears are in play for Jared Cook.
Ya I think we would be a good option. I would much rather have Smith though. I think a FA MLB would be a good idea because it won't be expensive and it frees up our draft options.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I addressed this is the draft prospects thread when somebody said there were no good MLBs in FA. I've felt since the bounty situation was resolved that Vilma would be a likely target for us.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Vilma is an interesting name should NO release him - and hopefully he could come at a bargain basement price.

Saints have three players I'd want: Bushrod LT, Olsen OG/C, and Vilma LB

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
fourth-phase wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Vilma is an interesting name should NO release him - and hopefully he could come at a bargain basement price.

Vilma is a FA, and their 5th LBer, I can't see him resigning there.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Did the Saints release him already? When did he become a FA?

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

He'll be a FA at the start of the league year. I guess technically he's not a FA yet, but he has an $8M cap hit in 2013 and he's a backup WLB for them. They are currently over the cap and they'll save $7M if they release him prior to the start of the league year.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

He'll be a FA at the start of the league year. I guess technically he's not a FA yet, but he has an $8M cap hit in 2013 and he's a backup WLB for them. They are currently over the cap and they'll save $7M if they release him prior to the start of the league year.

Okay - we're saying the same thing - I just wasn't sure if he was an official FA yet.

Agreed that he will be on the market. Agreed that we should reaching out to him.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impending free agent LT Branden Albert says the thought of him moving inside to guard is "ludicrous."

"I'm not a guard. Point blank," said Albert. "I haven't played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot. I'll be the first one to tell you. Sometimes it bothers me." Albert is dead-set on getting left tackle money on the open market. He added that he has yet to talk to Andy Reid or new GM John Dorsey, but says his agent and Dorsey have talked. The Chiefs could conceivably let Albert walk and draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Impending free agent LT Branden Albert says the thought of him moving inside to guard is "ludicrous."

"I'm not a guard. Point blank," said Albert. "I haven't played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot. I'll be the first one to tell you. Sometimes it bothers me." Albert is dead-set on getting left tackle money on the open market. He added that he has yet to talk to Andy Reid or new GM John Dorsey, but says his agent and Dorsey have talked. The Chiefs could conceivably let Albert walk and draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
This goes back to what I said, no way he moves inside to OG and stays w/ the Chiefs. He wants franchise LT money and he'll get it from somebody, hopefully us.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 21 of 67

Jump to: