Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
What is an ideal FA WR signing? Other than Marshall, there was nothing last year. I know we all have high expectations for Jeffery next year, but I definitely feel that we need a #3 guy because Hester wouldn't be a #4 or maybe even 5 on most teams and Bennett didnt seem to show up last year.

Jeffery is definitely capable. He was only a rookie last year, and showed signs of potential. He'll be a perfect wideout opposite of Brandon for several years. That said, you're right, we need a third guy to put in the slot.

The poster boy for slot receivers is projected to be a free agent and many have speculated that he will be available, that being Wes Welker. Two other guys to keep an eye on are gonna be Danny Amendola and Kevin Hartline. Both are #1's on their current team, but neither have the stature or talent to be a true #1, and both do the majority of their damage from the slot. If either of them are available and not looking for #1 money, I'd like either of them.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
What is an ideal FA WR signing? Other than Marshall, there was nothing last year. I know we all have high expectations for Jeffery next year, but I definitely feel that we need a #3 guy because Hester wouldn't be a #4 or maybe even 5 on most teams and Bennett didnt seem to show up last year.
I dont get why people keep saying this crap, what exactly is Earl supposed to do as a #3 WR? He had 29 rec for 275 and 3 TDs. And that was in 12 games. W/ Marshall here, we are no longer the land of everybody's a 50 rec WR. Short of Earl running in front of Marshall to take away balls from him what on earth is he supposed to do?

And the next WR is already on the roster anyway, his name is Joe Anderson and he already earned a spot w/his ST play after spending most of the year on the PS, following his outstanding TC for an undrafted rookie.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
I dont get why people keep saying this crap, what exactly is Earl supposed to do as a #3 WR? He had 29 rec for 275 and 3 TDs. And that was in 12 games. W/ Marshall here, we are no longer the land of everybody's a 50 rec WR. Short of Earl running in front of Marshall to take away balls from him what on earth is he supposed to do?

And the next WR is already on the roster anyway, his name is Joe Anderson and he already earned a spot w/his ST play after spending most of the year on the PS, following his outstanding TC for an undrafted rookie.

Just bringing up conversation supe. I agree with you but we can't be so predictable all the time in the passing game, where the defense knows where the ball is going at all times, to BMarsh. You don't tink we need to add anyone to the WR corps? I just feel like we need someone who can do some damage in space other than BMarsh. I'm not saying Alshon won't be that next year, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

While I was very impressed with JA throughout TC and his stint on ST this year, are you saying you see him as getting some pt in the rotation at WR this year too?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

While I was very impressed with JA throughout TC and his stint on ST this year, are you saying you see him as getting some pt in the rotation at WR this year too?
yes, w/ Devin either being release or relegated to STs only this year, I see Anderson moving up to that #4 spot to give Jay yet ANOTHER big target to throw to. W/ Trestman's system, a year of development for Jeffery, and better protection, I'm very doubtful we'll see Marshall have 80 more rec than the next closest guy.

JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

yes, w/ Devin either being release or relegated to STs only this year, I see Anderson moving up to that #4 spot to give Jay yet ANOTHER big target to throw to. W/ Trestman's system, a year of development for Jeffery, and better protection, I'm very doubtful we'll see Marshall have 80 more rec than the next closest guy.

Fair enough, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a FA WR. And I agree I am too excited for Joe Anderson, tons of talent.

Last edited by JPeppers90 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Fair enough, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see his sign a FA WR. And I agree I am too excited for Joe Anderson, tons of talent.
With the needs we have, limited cap space, and upcoming FAs that need to be resigned, I would be very surprised to see us sign any sort of name FA WR.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Bennett is supposed to get open. That's why he doesn't produce. Plenty of other #3s produce more then him. I assume most do.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Bennett is supposed to get open. That's why he doesn't produce. Plenty of other #3s produce more then him. I assume most do.
And you would be wrong. I looked the #s up when everyone was complaining about Bennett avg 3 rec for 30 yards, there were 4 #3 WRs in the NFL that were doing better. Bennett produces to the position he's asked to play, we've seen it countless # of times.

Edit: I just went and looked it up again, he's #11 of the 32 NFL #3 WRs, and he's in a pack at that spot, ex: Jacoby Jones is #7 and he had 30 rec for 406. Jones also played 16 games, compared to Earl's 12.

Last edited by Superman(DH23) on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our WR core is fine.

Watch how much more production we get when we have REAL coaching and a QB that throws for 4500 yards.
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Our WR core is fine.

Watch how much more production we get when we have REAL coaching and a QB that throws for 4500 yards.

"Watch how much more production we get when we have more production." Good post.

There's always room for improvement. More speed and playmaking ability would be nice. With Marshall and and Jeffery we've got our Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson; I think we could use a Randall Cobb. Bennett, I'm not sure he can be that guy. Knox, however, could be a pleasant surprise if he ever sees the field again.

Last edited by BonanzaHawk on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

And you would be wrong. I looked the #s up when everyone was complaining about Bennett avg 3 rec for 30 yards, there were 4 #3 WRs in the NFL that were doing better. Bennett produces to the position he's asked to play, we've seen it countless # of times.

Edit: I just went and looked it up again, he's #11 of the 32 NFL #3 WRs, and he's in a pack at that spot, ex: Jacoby Jones is #7 and he had 30 rec for 406. Jones also played 16 games, compared to Earl's 12.
im surprised by that. I don't dislike Bennett but for all the hype he gets he needs to produce more then he does.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

im surprised by that. I don't dislike Bennett but for all the hype he gets he needs to produce more then he does.
You're surprised b/c everyone thinks every WR should catch 60 balls and 800 yards, minimum. Thats not the way it works, receiver's fit roles. Bennett's primary role here is to move the chains on 3rd down, something he's done extremely well over the course of his career here. hell you could have added 1 more catch and another 60 yards and a TD to his total this year if he doesn't have the Ultra-rare drop on the sideline against Seattle.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

You're surprised b/c everyone thinks every WR should catch 60 balls and 800 yards, minimum. Thats not the way it works, receiver's fit roles. Bennett's primary role here is to move the chains on 3rd down, something he's done extremely well over the course of his career here. hell you could have added 1 more catch and another 60 yards and a TD to his total this year if he doesn't have the Ultra-rare drop on the sideline against Seattle.
I don't think that. I just think he should produce more then he does. We can get 300 yards a season out of a guy with a minimum contract. You can add those stats because he dropped the ball. It's only Bennett's fault that happened.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What players do you guys think we will see follow there couches here that the Bears just hired?

It happen every year

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 20 of 67

Jump to: