Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to see how valuable Greg Olsen was to this team when we draft to replace him.

My guess is in the 1st or 2nd round we will be picking a guy to hopefully be better than Olsen but to fill a similar role.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
You are going to see how valuable Greg Olsen was to this team when we draft to replace him.

My guess is in the 1st or 2nd round we will be picking a guy to hopefully be better than Olsen but to fill a similar role.

You're saying we won't draft O linemen? I disagree.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I don't read that in his post.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we went LB/TE in the first two rounds.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Teo and Ertz would make me very happy.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That doesn't seem to be the way Phil opperates. He's not going to go into draft day locked in on an OL round 1 or 2, he's going to draft the best available player at positions of need. I think it's more likely we see a LB or Tyler Eifert in round 1 than any Olineman.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Teo and Ertz would make me very happy.

I'd wet myself. I'm not the biggest Te'o fan, but getting him at 20 would be good value.

Ertz is going to be a stud. Pray to god he lasts to 51.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the OT class being decimated by non entries (Lewan and Matthews) what would people's strategies by if we cannot land a big time free agent at OT?

Assuming in this scenario we sign an OG.

I am looking at Lane Johnson, with a trade down.

Fluker in the 2nd round and living with Webb.

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
With the OT class being decimated by non entries (Lewan and Matthews) what would people's strategies by if we cannot land a big time free agent at OT?

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?
It's gonna depend on what scheme we run. I could see us focusing on LG more then OT.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?
It's gonna depend on what scheme we run. I could see us focusing on LG more then OT.

We need an OT, I am just wondering where we will get it from.

FA
1st round
2nd round

We cannot have Webb and Scott as the unquestioned starters.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?

FA
1st round
2nd round

Honestly I don't think that OT is as much of a concern as the interior line is. Louis's future is up in the air being a FA and coming off of ACL injury, maybe Carimi can fill the void there in the meantime but who knows really.

That's just talking about RG, what about LG? James Brown was pretty underwhelming, Chris Spencer is just average. Roberto Garza is also is also just average at C and is slowly declining. I'd say that Webb and Scott, along with Louis pre injury were actually the only bright spots on the line this year. Surely you would like an all-pro LT protecting Jay's blind side but please tell me where the Bears are going to find one out there in the draft or FA. People say Jake Long, Ryan Clady or Branden Albert but I'll believe it when I see it that they hit FA.

Bears need to beef up the interior of the o-line so Jay can actually step up in the pocket going forward.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?

FA
1st round
2nd round

Webb will be the unquestioned starter unless some unforeseen major development occurs. Scott was highly praised by Emery and will battle for the RT with LL and Carimi.

Likely there will be added guys through the draft and FA but I expect the line will be better even without additions.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Bears need to beef up the interior of the o-line so Jay can actually step up in the pocket going forward.

I agree. The Bears have the opportunity to make the interior of their line excellent this offseason IMO. If they can add Warmack (unlikely) or Cooper (more likely) in round 1 and retain Louis, and either transition Carimi to RG (where I still think he would excel if he is allowed to learn the position for a whole offseason) or add a solid but not bank breaking OG in FA then the interior OL could be very good very soon, and if you have a great interior OL then you can absolutely still trice with average OTs. I believe Webb and Scott to be average.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that we need to upgrade both positions and I really depends on where we go I free agency.

If we sign an OT I could see us draft a starter at LG.

If we sign an interior OLmen, because there are no LTs and they are too expensive, we draft an OT.

I think our best bet is to draft/sign a LT and have Webb and Scott compete at RT.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Oday Aboushi in the 2nd?

Trade up?

FA
1st round
2nd round

Honestly I don't think that OT is as much of a concern as the interior line is. Louis's future is up in the air being a FA and coming off of ACL injury, maybe Carimi can fill the void there in the meantime but who knows really.

That's just talking about RG, what about LG? James Brown was pretty underwhelming, Chris Spencer is just average. Roberto Garza is also is also just average at C and is slowly declining. I'd say that Webb and Scott, along with Louis pre injury were actually the only bright spots on the line this year. Surely you would like an all-pro LT protecting Jay's blind side but please tell me where the Bears are going to find one out there in the draft or FA. People say Jake Long, Ryan Clady or Branden Albert but I'll believe it when I see it that they hit FA.

This is why I think we'll get either the G Warmack, OT Fisher, or C Jones. One of the three will be available. Jones has played LT, G, and C all at an elite level, but doesn't have the athleticism of a guy like Staley. Still, in a line with so much up in the air, versatility is HUGE. I would still love to see Warmack, but any of the three will be an upgrade.

I wouldn't even say Spenser or Garza was average. I'd call them poor, Garza is just decling too rapidly. Brown may improve, he was an undrafted rookie. He shouldn't have had to start, he is 2 years away from real playing time. Louis was our bright spot, but who knows how he will heal.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to hope Emery takes this approach, which is probably somewhat realistic - at least to expect ...

LT : J'Marcus Webb
LG : Andy Levitre
C : Robert Garza
RG : Lance Louis/Gabe Carimi
RT: Chris Faulk/Johnathan Scott

But I'm hoping for a miracle line like this somehow...

LT: Branden Albert
LG: Johnathan Cooper (1st round pick)
C: Fernando Velasco
RG: Lance Louis
RT: J'Marcus Webb

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 14 of 67

Jump to: