Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Offseason Discussion: Free Agents Reply with quote

I know I am going to get crap for this, but I thought I would start that discussion.

The Bears clearly have holes all over the offence, but their record is better than will allow for them to draft a LT.

I think the Bears have to look at the 2nd tier of LT free agents because Clady and Long are going to be franchised.

Jermon Bushrod (Saints)
Branden Albert (Chiefs)

Both would solidify the position and not totally break the bank.

The other position is TE where I would love the Bears to get a set amid receiving threat.

Someone like Fred Davis or my favourite Jared Cook would be a nice addition for the right price.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Albert and Dustin Keller would be nice.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

I really wonder if we can afford that much? I would love to know our cap number?

Branden Albert is #1 and Bushrod is #2.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I really wonder if we can afford that much? I would love to know our cap number?

From what I remember we have a large group of free agents and there are some guys on the last year of their deals we may want to resign.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

From what I remember we have a large group of free agents and there are some guys on the last year of their deals we may want to resign.

We have a hug list,

Melton
Urlacher
Louis
Rachel
Moore
Izzy
Hayden
Okoye
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Clady. Draft Barrett Jones and Oday Aboushi
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

We have a hug list,

Melton Must sign, He is a key cog to Bears D
Urlacher If cheap
Louis I think he has shown enough to stay on the team as RG but with a short leash.
Rachel Where the bears are going to be picking they will be in prime position to take the best OG and i think they need to pull that triger and play him at LG. this makes Rachel expendable
Moore see Hayden reasoning
Izzy its his time to go if Wootton can prove he can stay healthy for a season.
Hayden I think he would be way cheaper then Moore plus has not been playing to bad and i really want the Bears to draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd.
Okoye I think he comes back cheep again[/quote]

I think going after Albert or Bushrod is a must in FA!

Albert or Bushrod
1st round OG
Garza/FA
Louis
Carimi (how long does he get.... that's if he makes it through this year. maybe try Webb at RT lol)

But is there enough Money to do so?

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Emery needs to find a way to get a franchise LT. I know this is a pipe dream but I would love to see Jake Long in a Bears uni. Trade a first rounder and some to get him, heck I wouldn't even mind if they threw Devin Hester in the deal, who I don't even know if any team would want anyway with the way he's been playing.

That would then allow them to move Webb to RT and kick Carimi inside to left guard, which looks to be a much better suited position for him. Keep Louis at RG and draft an interior o-line prospect as early in the draft as possible. So possible o-line next season:

LT - (Franchise guy I'm talking about)
LG - Carimi
C - Garza
RG - Louis
RT - Webb

Simply put the Bears are wasting the prime years of Cutler's career. How much longer of this crap o-line are they going to spew out each and every year and tell us it's getting better and coming along? They're not only lying to us fans but worse lying to themselves.
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears want Jay Cutler to remain healthy and productive, they had better make LT and WR big priorities.

Cutler is looking like a player who is lackluster, frustrated and starting to lose interest in pro football. He has been hit far too much.

The LT priority is obvious. Beyond that, the Bears have exactly two NFL caliber WR's, Marshall and Jeffrey. Tossing the pigskin to RB's and TE's must work great in practice. Bennett and Hester are not NFL WR's.

By hook or by crook, finding a real WR is necessary.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
If the Bears want Jay Cutler to remain healthy and productive, they had better make LT and WR big priorities.

Cutler is looking like a player who is lackluster, frustrated and starting to lose interest in pro football. He has been hit far too much.

The LT priority is obvious. Beyond that, the Bears have exactly two NFL caliber WR's, Marshall and Jeffrey. Tossing the pigskin to RB's and TE's must work great in practice. Bennett and Hester are not NFL WR's.

This. Earl Bennett may be the most defended Bear among this Board and it's really starting to backfire. He looks lost out there, we keep attributing it to Mike Tice's play calling, which without a doubt is a factor, but this Offense is going to need a new OC, LT, LG, slot WR, and TE. But I'm sure typical Lovie will hold onto his guys for longer than he should, a flaw of his going back years.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

This. Earl Bennett may be the most defended Bear among this Board and it's really starting to backfire. He looks lost out there, we keep attributing it to Mike Tice's play calling, which without a doubt is a factor, but this Offense is going to need a new OC, LT, LG, slot WR, and TE. But I'm sure typical Lovie will hold onto his guys for longer than he should, a flaw of his going back years.
It's been everyone else's fault for years now with Bennett. Now that we have Marshall and even Jeffrey people finally realize what a WR should look like. Bennett is grossly overpaid for his minimal production. If cutting Bennett frees up money for a starting LT I'm all for it.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Not sure.

Urlacher should be making a lot less next season if he's back. Also cutting Hester would save us that up to $10 mil bonus. Melton is the only must sign FA. We could even through the 1st round tender on him like the Steelers did with Mike Wallace.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Not sure.

Urlacher should be making a lot less next season if he's back. Also cutting Hester would save us that up to $10 mil bonus. Melton is the only must sign FA. We could even through the 1st round tender on him like the Steelers did with Mike Wallace.

Hester will never see that money...at most his cap figure next year will be around $2.5m.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the best available Olinemen in FA…

Jake Long
Sebastian Vollmer
Ryan Clady
William Beatty
Branden Albert
Jermon Bushrod
Sam Baker
Andy Levitre

Albert would be my #1 choice followed by Levitre then Bushrod.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Not sure.

Hester will never see that money...at most his cap figure next year will be around $2.5m.
What were the conditions of his contract bonus? I know it was determined on him being a #1 receiver but what were the exact numbers?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 1 of 67

Jump to: