You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
My questions for the day

1. How serious are we about Levitre? It seems other teams are gearing up for a big run at him.

2. Why no TE Rumors yet? There has been a ton of discussion.

3. Are we serious about OT? It seems we are being linked to every OG available.

4. Who is our number 1 free agent to re-sign? I would have said it was Urlacher, but maybe it is Roach.
The easiest way I can answer your question is this, Halas Hall is locked up tighter than the Pentagon at this point. Emery's modus operandi is not to let any info leak, truth be told, we will have no idea what the Bears are doing until Tuesday when teams can actually bring players in and sign them.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another site

Clayton just said on espn that Bushrod looks to be out in NO, reason being Chicago could be bidding pretty strong.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Clayton just said on espn that Bushrod looks to be out in NO, reason being Chicago could be bidding pretty strong.

I think everyone knows my opinion on Bushrod, but here was my response to someone who was questioning whether Bushrod had any value,

Don't sigh on Bushrod he is a quality OT.

He plays LT in one if the most difficult offensive systems in the NFL and had a down year last season and was still ranked higher than anyone we have and I am a Webb supporter.

Everyone can rally behind the PFF stats but you cannot compare 2 guys playing in completely different systems who are being asked to do 2 different things against different levels of competition.

How do you think Webb would have faired with 50 passing attempts a game and little help?

Even better question is how would Carimi have faired in that situation?

He is well respected around the NFL, that tells me more than stats.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we need to start accepting that we are going to over pay for an OLmen in free agency. It does not matter if it is Levitre, Bushrod, Moore, or someone lesser. The nature of the free agency beast and the fact that we desperately need OL help is going to force our hand and we will over pay by a couple of million dollars a year.

I am not going to blame Emery because what option does he have if he wants to really evaluate Cutler before making a 100 million dollar ecisoon and take advantage of the last few good years of this defence and make a title run.

I will blame Jerry Angelo because of poor drafting [Williams, Carimi] guys who are suppose to be our starting LT and RT are not on the team and benched. His poor drafting led to the decline of this OL and forcing us to desperately trying to patch holes that he left on the roster.

'Whistle Dixie"

Last edited by WindyCity on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
And we need to start accepting that we are going to over pay for an OLmen in free agency.

Who doesn't get overpaid in free agency?
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
From another site

I really hope that's not true.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Bushrod is not the type of free agent signing that sends you partying in the streets, like Peppers, he is the type that just makes your team better.

1. He gives you a solid upgrade at LT.

2. He gives you an upgrade at RT as Webb moves over to RT taking some pressure off of Webb.

3. He allows Carimi to stay and work at OG, I just don't think his knee lets him move back outside.

4. He moves John Scott, when re-signed, to the more appropriate swing OT.

5. He allows you to focus on OG in a draft that is stacked at the OG position.

These things are all subtle and they are not as flashy as some other potential OL moves but they are all subtle upgrades to a line that needs improvement at every spot.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Bushrod is not the type of free agent signing that sends you partying in the streets, like Peppers, he is the type that just makes your team better.

2. He gives you an upgrade at RT as Webb moves over to RT taking some pressure off of Webb.

3. He allows Carimi to stay and work at OG, I just don't think his knee lets him move back outside.

These things are all subtle and they are not as flashy as some other potential OL moves but they are all subtle upgrades to a line that needs improvement at every spot.
Im not sold he's better then Webb. We're still gonna have to spend a good amount of money on him. I'd rather run with the OTs we have and spend that money elsewhere. If we're gonna sign a LT lets make it a good one.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Im not sold he's better then Webb. We're still gonna have to spend a good amount of money on him. I'd rather run with the OTs we have and spend that money elsewhere. If we're gonna sign a LT lets make it a good one.

He doesn't have to be better than Webb, he has to be better than Carimi/Scott, which he is.

Bushrod is also better than Webb. Bushrod is well respected around the NFL.

We could go after Long, but he is much more expensive and an injury risk.

We cannot go into the season with Carimi/Scott in position to start at RT, that would be a huge risk that a 10-6 team on the cusp cannot take.

Is Bushrod/Webb not a significant upgrade over Webb/Carimi?

I am not trying to sell you Bushrod as a silver bullet, but he fixes a major need. We are over spending no matter what, Louis Vasquez barely cracks most experts top 50 free agents and is going to get 6-7 million a season.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

He doesn't have to be better than Webb, he has to be better than Carimi/Scott, which he is.

We cannot go into the season with Carimi/Scott in position to start at RT, that would be a huge risk that a 10-6 team on the cusp cannot take.

I am not trying to sell you Bushrod as a silver bullet, but he fixes a major need. We are over spending no matter what, Louis Vasquez barely cracks most experts top 50 free agents and is going to get 6-7 million a season.
Bushrod is still going to get a good sized contract. I'd rather spend a bit more and get Long who's a much better player. Or just sign Cherilus/Smith. There are so many good options. Bushrod is a mediocre one. If we're gonna upgrade then upgrade.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
From another site

Bushrod is still going to get a good sized contract. I'd rather spend a bit more and get Long who's a much better player. Or just sign Cherilus/Smith. There are so many good options. Bushrod is a mediocre one. If we're gonna upgrade then upgrade.

I don't think he is mediocre, I think he had a down year in the toughest OL system in the league.

Bushrod to me is not that different then the other guys because he has less question marks, you know what you are getting.

Long, health
Cherilus, degenerative knee condition
Smith, weight and work ethic.

I absolutely would still take Smith and Long over Bushrod but we may not have a chance at them. We are not picking the best of 3 options in a vacuum we are competing with 32 other teams.

Bushrod is a win for me considering need and resources.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what Full Backs are on the market?

I think the Bears need a more traditional FB, then that would allow E-Rod to move to the #2 TE

Then i think the Bears should look at Anthony Fasano from the Dolphins.

Fasano wont blow you away, but he is a good all round guy. Think Desmond Clark.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Anthony Fasano was the Bears replacement for Kellen Davis, I'd be incredibly disappointed.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
If Anthony Fasano was the Bears replacement for Kellen Davis, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

while Fasano wont blow you away, he is a way better player then Davis.

And I think majority of the money in FA will go to a starter on the O-line.

IMO Fasano makes a lot of sense and then work in E-Rod more. I was super impressed by E-Rods lead blocking last year, now i want to see his reciving skills.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be disappointed with any upgrade.

As sad as it is Fasano is a significant upgrade from Davis.

Any improvement is important for a 10-6 team even if it is not the home run [Levitre] that we want and is instead a solid double [Bushrod] or a slap single [Fasano].

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: