Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
Vollmer would be my priority for FA tackles. I believe he could play LT for the Bears or at the very least lock up RT. This would gives the Bears flexibility if a Lane Johnson or Chance Warmack happened to fall to 20.

Gosder Cherilus would be my second choice. I could see the Bears draft a OG in mid rounds if one of the above doesn't fall. I have a hard time seeing Fluker or Cooper being the pick at 20. Like majority, I hope the Bears can trade down and still grab OL, but it takes two.

Vollmer would probably be my number 1 along with Albert if the money works out.

My fear is that the money is going to keep us searching mod modest upgrades.

I could absolutely see Cooper or Fluker as the pick at 20 this draft is strong at Ol and DL and we will probably draft the strength.
fourth-phase

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just go back and forth on whether I think the Bears would take either Cooper or Fluker at 20. Cooper seems undersized for what Kromer prefers and Fluker has a lot of mixed grades/projections. Add in the history of mid round tackles and guards with Emery's preference of playmakers...hard to predict what will happen.

I agree OL is a priority and I would not be upset with either Cooper or Fluker.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
I just go back and forth on whether I think the Bears would take either Cooper or Fluker at 20. Cooper seems undersized for what Kromer prefers and Fluker has a lot of mixed grades/projections. Add in the history of mid round tackles and guards with Emery's preference of playmakers...hard to predict what will happen.

I agree OL is a priority and I would not be upset with either Cooper or Fluker.
id love Cooper or Fluker.
RTD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those list are very interesting. They dont value Lance Louis very high do they. Makes you think what value Emery has on him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTD wrote:
Those list are very interesting. They dont value Lance Louis very high do they. Makes you think what value Emery has on him.

I wonder what the feeling is of Louis at Halas Hall and around the league?

We love him but we also have been starved for competent OL play and he has been the best of a bad group.

The health question would also hurt his rankings.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Agent Ranking Observations

1. Henry Melton is highly thought of and a priority to re-sign for the Bears. We finally have a Bears draft pick ranked highly.

2. Lance Louis might have more value to us than others. I know the PFF stats did not really do him justice, but I am beginning to think that he is not a star in waiting and that he might just be the best of a bad group. I wonder how Emery sees him as a building block or a starter that can be upgraded from?

3. This is a strong OT class of free agents to go with a strong OG/C draft class, which works out perfectly for the Bears.

4. I was expecting Louis Vasquez and Andy Levitre to be more highliy ranked Vasquez primarily is really low.

5. Sebastian Vollmer looks like the class of the OT group and his versatility would be a welcome addition to a Bears group in flux.

6. The 4-3 LB group is not overwhelming and perhaps this allows Urlacher to come back on a team friendly deal while a draft pick is developed.

7. Jermon Bushrod does not get a lot of love and perhaps he is not that much better than Webb, at least not 4-5 million dollars better than Webb.

8. The TE group has some options, but not a lot of game changing talent. If the Bears want a game changer at the position, and I do not know if they do, they will probably need to look at the draft.

9. Andy Levitre has wildly different rankings and perhaps that is a sign that he is not Carl Nicks, who was a top 5 guy on everyone's list, and if he is going to be paid like Nicks it may not be a great value.

10. Jake Long is still shown a lot of respect by many perhaps thinking the injuries are more bad luck than they are a trend or a sign.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

1. Henry Melton is highly thought of and a priority to re-sign for the Bears. We finally have a Bears draft pick ranked highly.

2. Lance Louis might have more value to us than others. I know the PFF stats did not really do him justice, but I am beginning to think that he is not a star in waiting and that he might just be the best of a bad group. I wonder how Emery sees him as a building block or a starter that can be upgraded from?

3. This is a strong OT class of free agents to go with a strong OG/C draft class, which works out perfectly for the Bears.

4. I was expecting Louis Vasquez and Andy Levitre to be more highliy ranked Vasquez primarily is really low.

5. Sebastian Vollmer looks like the class of the OT group and his versatility would be a welcome addition to a Bears group in flux.

6. The 4-3 LB group is not overwhelming and perhaps this allows Urlacher to come back on a team friendly deal while a draft pick is developed.

7. Jermon Bushrod does not get a lot of love and perhaps he is not that much better than Webb, at least not 4-5 million dollars better than Webb.

8. The TE group has some options, but not a lot of game changing talent. If the Bears want a game changer at the position, and I do not know if they do, they will probably need to look at the draft.

9. Andy Levitre has wildly different rankings and perhaps that is a sign that he is not Carl Nicks, who was a top 5 guy on everyone's list, and if he is going to be paid like Nicks it may not be a great value.

10. Jake Long is still shown a lot of respect by many perhaps thinking the injuries are more bad luck than they are a trend or a sign.

Bennett, Keller, Finley, and Fred Davis will fill our TE need just fine. With Marshall and Jeffery on the outside we don't need a Jimmy Graham to be successful. Kellen Davis being god awful made it seem that way.
darthfrys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston just released by the Chiefs.. I know they both are a bit away from being a hot commodity now, but they should be upgrades on their respective positions. Don't you think? Boss would absolutely be an upgrade!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthfrys wrote:
Kevin Boss and Steve Breaston just released by the Chiefs.. I know they both are a bit away from being a hot commodity now, but they should be upgrades on their respective positions. Don't you think? Boss would absolutely be an upgrade!

Concussions are a big concern with Boss…he has four reported and who knows how many that went unreported…he could be a decent add as depth but I wouldn’t want to rely on him starting.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Bennett, Keller, Finley, and Fred Davis will fill our TE need just fine. With Marshall and Jeffery on the outside we don't need a Jimmy Graham to be successful. Kellen Davis being god awful made it seem that way.

I agree that competent is all we need.

But I do not know if the Bears are thinking the same thing and I know Trestman wants varied weapons who are all dynamic in the passing game.

And while Jeffery had great moments I do not know if the Bears will rely on him to be a consistent #2.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap is going up at least 1.4 million from what they thought maybe a little more which helps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/source-cap-will-be-north-of-122-million/
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The cap is going up at least 1.4 million from what they thought maybe a little more which helps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/source-cap-will-be-north-of-122-million/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-operating-with-105-million-in-salary-cap-room-20130219,0,6988743.story

Quote:
The NFL has not yet set its salary cap for 2013. It was $120.6 million in 2012 and is expected to move up just slightly to $121 million or perhaps $121.5 million, as reported by Pro Football Talk on Monday. Using $121.5 million as a benchmark, the Bears have roughly $10.5 million in cap space. That means if the team were to place the franchise tag on Pro Bowl defensive tackle Henry Melton at a charge of $8.3 million, it would exhaust the majority of the available space.

Cliff Stein will have to work some magic if we are to sign any big name FAs.
dabears32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Breaston might be a nice add at the WR spot. Didn't do much of anything this year, but is the type of guy we're looking for to stretch the field and had a bit of a pedigree in AZ.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-operating-with-105-million-in-salary-cap-room-20130219,0,6988743.story

Quote:
The NFL has not yet set its salary cap for 2013. It was $120.6 million in 2012 and is expected to move up just slightly to $121 million or perhaps $121.5 million, as reported by Pro Football Talk on Monday. Using $121.5 million as a benchmark, the Bears have roughly $10.5 million in cap space. That means if the team were to place the franchise tag on Pro Bowl defensive tackle Henry Melton at a charge of $8.3 million, it would exhaust the majority of the available space.

Cliff Stein will have to work some magic if we are to sign any big name FAs.

I think we can get 4 million really easily with Hester and Davis.

I also think we can get 10 million from Marshall and Tillman.

But it would really help us if we could sign Melton to a deal that gets bigger when Peppers is gone.

Melton costing 5 million rather than 8 million could mean the difference between an OLmen or not.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't touch Peppers deal again or it is going to become a dead money albatross in 2 years.

Looks like Melton and a couple of tier 2 OLmen are reasonable expectations.

Man I would love Vollmer, but what can you do.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 35 of 67

Jump to: