Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Did anyone catch the Urlacher interview with Waddle and Silvy yesterday? He had a few interesting things to say but the biggest thing imo was that (and I'm paraphrasing) he knows he is older and isn't going to make as much as he used to.

All along I figured the biggest impediment to an Urlacher return would be Urlacher and his contract demands. So if he is actually being realistic about his worth the big question then becomes do the Bears want to bring him back?

If you bring back Urlacher you have to have a contingency plan because you simply can't rely on him to stay healthy. Hearing him speak I think he knows it to. So what do people think, is he worth bringing back?

When he is on the field he is half of what he use to be, and that is when he is on the field which is going to be a question mark.

I think the Bears are moving on.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
Did anyone catch the Urlacher interview with Waddle and Silvy yesterday? He had a few interesting things to say but the biggest thing imo was that (and I'm paraphrasing) he knows he is older and isn't going to make as much as he used to.

All along I figured the biggest impediment to an Urlacher return would be Urlacher and his contract demands. So if he is actually being realistic about his worth the big question then becomes do the Bears want to bring him back?

If you bring back Urlacher you have to have a contingency plan because you simply can't rely on him to stay healthy. Hearing him speak I think he knows it to. So what do people think, is he worth bringing back?

When he is on the field he is half of what he use to be, and that is when he is on the field which is going to be a question mark.

Agreed. I think the new staff gives Emery the opportunity to cut ties and move on.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

Agreed. I think the new staff gives Emery the opportunity to cut ties and move on.

A lot is going to come down to how the scouts value the LB class in this draft…the FA LB class is weak…you have guys like Daryl Smith who could move to MLB but is coming off an injury filled season…you might have Jonathan Vilma being released but will the locker room take to the guy as a leader and how much does he have left in the tank? I don’t know…then you have a guy like Larry Grant who was very good when he replaced the injured Patrick Willis last year but he has never been a full time starter so you don’t know what you’re getting…

As much as Urlacher struggled last year if you don’t have confidence that you can find someone better then you have to look at the type of hometown discount you can sign him for…I think both factors of money & talent to replace him will decide if we resign him or not.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Urlacher has said he wants to finish his career in Chicago. However, when asked if he would give the Bears a discount he didn't answer the question, only saying that he doesn't expect to make what he used to.

If the Bears decide to move on though is Roach a realistic option at MLB?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
FWIW, Urlacher has said he wants to finish his career in Chicago. However, when asked if he would give the Bears a discount he didn't answer the question, only saying that he doesn't expect to make what he used to.

If the Bears decide to move on though is Roach a realistic option at MLB?

Yes. The defense was fine when he played.

Roach is under rated by many of the Chicago LB meatheads who want a super star at the position. Behind our DL and with Briggs beside him he can be just fine.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the weak FA LB market do you think he will come at a decent price?
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Given the weak FA LB market do you think he will come at a decent price?

If we sign him before he hits the market then I'm inclined to believe so, but once he hits the market his price is going to jump quite a bit. I believe he still has some left in the tank, and add that to his reputation/name, and I think teams will bid for him.

I also believe that no matter what any team offers him, he will give the Bears every opportunity to match.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants released WLB Michael Boley.

Boley's name had been mentioned as a possible release candidate since the season ended, but this wasn't a lock to happen. Set to earn a $4.25 million salary in 2013, the move saves the Giants $3.1 million in cap space. Boley was benched for the final three games of the season in favor of Spencer Paysinger and Jacquian Williams. Prior to Week 15, he played in 92 percent of the defensive snaps, but he struggled against both the pass and the run. New York is aiming to get younger all around in 2013. Boley will turn 31 in August.

Emery will without doubt have interest in him.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Boley's name had been mentioned as a possible release candidate since the season ended, but this wasn't a lock to happen. Set to earn a $4.25 million salary in 2013, the move saves the Giants $3.1 million in cap space. Boley was benched for the final three games of the season in favor of Spencer Paysinger and Jacquian Williams. Prior to Week 15, he played in 92 percent of the defensive snaps, but he struggled against both the pass and the run. New York is aiming to get younger all around in 2013. Boley will turn 31 in August.

For what position? Last I checked our WLB was pretty solid...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

He's played SLB as well. Not sure he's a "without a doubt" interest guy though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Boley could be a upgrade at SLB if Roach moves to the middle.

Boley can run and make plays and that is what we are looking for.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

He's played SLB as well. Not sure he's a "without a doubt" interest guy though.

When Emery was asked about his draft history he singled out Boley as the guy he was most proud of unearthing…given we need depth & competition at both SLB and possibly MLB Boley fits the bill.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still speculation that Finley could get cut from the Packers, if he does would you guys want him here?

I know there was that war of words last year, but he had a real nice late-season resurgence and could be a great addition.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Boley could be a upgrade at SLB if Roach moves to the middle.

Boley can run and make plays and that is what we are looking for.

He actually played a good deal at MLB for the Giants and has better coverage skills then Roach. I'd take him at MLB and Roach at SLB if we were going to go that route for a linebacker need.
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
There's still speculation that Finley could get cut from the Packers, if he does would you guys want him here?

I know there was that war of words last year, but he had a real nice late-season resurgence and could be a great addition.

Definitely. He has un-tapped potential and had problems in Green Bay. The fact that he'd want to stick it to them along with knowing their offense is a huge reason I believe Emery would jump all over this. I just hope he doesn't open his mouth.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 27 of 67

Jump to: