Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone worried about Albert's back?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Is anyone worried about Albert's back?
He's got to pass a physical to sign a new deal, so I'm somewhat concerned (especially w/ our history) but I feel confident that if he can pass a physical he's good to go.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that all the OT who are free agents aside from Bushrod/Clady have some sort of back issue. Little worrisome but if they can pass a physical it shouldn't be a problem. Plus anyone of them is a much needed improvement.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Delanie Walker as a possible flexg TE?

He has good hands, good speed and he comes from a winning team that makes him an interesting player and he should have a reasonable price.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

He has good hands, good speed and he comes from a winning team that makes him an interesting player and he should have a reasonable price.
I've ALWAYS liked Delanie Walker, like seriously, back to his rookie year when he was better receiver than Vernon Davis. I'd LOVE for him to be a Bear. Would be Phil Emery's Des Clark.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I've ALWAYS liked Delanie Walker, like seriously, back to his rookie year when he was better receiver than Vernon Davis. I'd LOVE for him to be a Bear. Would be Phil Emery's Des Clark.

I am looking at reasonably priced free agent TEs and he was an interesting name.

If we could get him for 3-4 million a season I think it would be a steal and open us up in the draft.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Delanie Walker had the highest drop rate, by far, of all the TE's that qualified. He dropped over 30% of his passes.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Delanie Walker had the highest drop rate, by far, of all the TE's that qualified. He dropped over 30% of his passes.

We are looking for cheaper mid-level free agents and they are going to have to have some warts.

The drops are a concern, but guys like Keller and Cook are going to cost twice as much.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

We are looking for cheaper mid-level free agents and they are going to have to have some warts.

The drops are a concern, but guys like Keller and Cook are going to cost twice as much.

I personally believe that TE is the biggest need on this team - and in a situation where we need a TE to be an integral part of the offense I believe a 30% drop rate is bigger than a wart.

I'd rather commit the money to one of the top TE's available - or commit a first round pick to Ertz/Eifert.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I personally believe that TE is the biggest need on this team - and in a situation where we need a TE to be an integral part of the offense I believe a 30% drop rate is bigger than a wart.

I'd rather commit the money to one of the top TE's available - or commit a first round pick to Ertz/Eifert.

Maybe we spread the free agent dollars around and instead of signing a LT we sign a RT [Loadholt] and a TE [Cook].
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Maybe we spread the free agent dollars around and instead of signing a LT we sign a RT [Loadholt] and a TE [Cook].

I'd be very happy with that off-season.

I also am higher on Webb than many here. If we could get a solid G next to Webb, I wouldn't have any problem counting on Webb as a LT in this WCO next season. Bring in a RT (as you say above) and a solid G (either draft or FA) - this line will have all the overhaul it needs.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

Walshy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get Gavin Escobar in the 4th and we neeeeed to resign Henry Melton. I think Urlacher will take a hometown paycut.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
We should get Gavin Escobar in the 4th and we neeeeed to resign Henry Melton. I think Urlacher will take a hometown paycut.
Escobar in the 4th would be ideal if he's there. Urlacher needs to take a vet min deal. I'd be upset if the money we gave him affected our ability to sign another younger player.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'd be cool with that though it seems MIN wants to bring Loadholt back.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Wasn't Evan Rodriguez supposed to be that guy? What ever happened to that?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 23 of 67

Jump to: