Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/24/jake-longs-decline-creates-dilemma-for-dolphins/

Jake Long apparently has some serious declines in his play and may hit the market.
I'd still take him.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/24/jake-longs-decline-creates-dilemma-for-dolphins/

Jake Long apparently has some serious declines in his play and may hit the market.

He would literally be the perfect player for this offense. I can't Imagine if Jay could actually sit back and trust that he's not going to get drilled what type of throws he would make.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

He would literally be the perfect player for this offense. I can't Imagine if Jay could actually sit back and trust that he's not going to get drilled what type of throws he would make.

Yeah, I'd let Melton walk in a heartbeat if it meant Jake Long being brought in. And I say that fully understanding Melton's importance to our D.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yeah, I'd let Melton walk in a heartbeat if it meant Jake Long being brought in. And I say that fully understanding Melton's importance to our D.

Can't say I would agree with that...Long was elite and is still great now but his arrow is heading downwards...Melton's is still very much so on the rise.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Can't say I would agree with that...Long was elite and is still great now but his arrow is heading downwards...Melton's is still very much so on the rise.
Absolutely Melton is an ascending player is one of the 3 best DTs in all of football. You've set up what could be the most dominant inside tandem in football for years to come w/ Melton and Paea (who is just absolutely destroying the run game inside w/ his power and quickness). Folks there is only 1 way to get a franchise LT in the NFL, you have to draft them.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the San Fran vs. NO game and I got to say Jermon Bushrod is doing a quality job against Aldon Smith…he is the most likely of the bigger name FA OTs to hit the open market given the Saints cap and the Bears have already made a run at him a few years back…he would solidify the LT position for a few years with consistent play…draft an OT to play RT early but with the potential to move over too the LT position later in his career (Justin Pugh)…then draft an LG to start at that position…resign Louis…keep Webb & Carimi as depth along with Edwin Williams be a backup centre…

LT…Jermon Bushrod…J’Marcus Webb
LG…Larry Warford/ Omoregie Uzzi (depending on scheme)
C…Roberto Garza…Edwin Williams
RG…Lance Louis…
RT…Justin Pugh…Gabe Carimi

I would feel comfortable with that group next year.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Absolutely Melton is an ascending player is one of the 3 best DTs in all of football. You've set up what could be the most dominant inside tandem in football for years to come w/ Melton and Paea (who is just absolutely destroying the run game inside w/ his power and quickness). Folks there is only 1 way to get a franchise LT in the NFL, you have to draft them.

Hopefully Emery has a better line for OL than Angelo did since we won't be having a pick in the top half of any round.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Hopefully Emery has a better line for OL than Angelo did since we won't be having a pick in the top half of any round.
I don't think we need to be reaching for an OT in the first, there are other areas that need to be addressed (particularly MLB) I think its the perfect situation to move up in the 3rd to get a talented guy who falls. I don't forsee any change to Webb being our LT anytime soon. He is serviceable there as long as LG play next to him is competent. It does seem like he loses his guy on a stunt. When CW was in there last year he seemed to find his groove other than the bull rush. He still has occasional issues w/ his base, but for the most part we've seen a lot of improvement out of Webb, unlike Carimi who has clearly regressed.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
He still has occasional issues w/ his base, but for the most part we've seen a lot of improvement out of Webb,

There is no doubt we have seen improvement from Webb…but the problems come when he has that off day…ala against San Fran…he isn’t as inconsistent as he was but it’s still a problem…if Cutler doesn’t know from game to game if he can rely on him then he is never going to fully trust him and if a QB doesn’t trust the guy protecting his blindside he is never going to be fully comfortable standing in the pocket.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
He still has occasional issues w/ his base, but for the most part we've seen a lot of improvement out of Webb,

There is no doubt we have seen improvement from Webb…but the problems come when he has that off day…ala against San Fran…he isn’t as inconsistent as he was but it’s still a problem…if Cutler doesn’t know from game to game if he can rely on him then he is never going to fully trust him and if a QB doesn’t trust the guy protecting his blindside he is never going to be fully comfortable standing in the pocket.
Would I like to have a franchise LT? Yes, of course, but we aren't getting one anytime soon, and certainly not in the next draft, so its about coaching Webb up, who is far from the worst player at his position on the line. You can find a solid RT in FA, trying to sign a franchise LT in FA pretty much never happens b/c the guys don't see the open market.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Would I like to have a franchise LT? Yes, of course, but we aren't getting one anytime soon, and certainly not in the next draft, so its about coaching Webb up, who is far from the worst player at his position on the line. You can find a solid RT in FA, trying to sign a franchise LT in FA pretty much never happens b/c the guys don't see the open market.

There are a number of good OT prospects in the upcoming draft...not only that but we don't have to sign a franchise LT in FA...we just have to sign a consistent LT in FA who can install confidence in Cutler when he drops back to pass on every snap...like I said not the Albert’s or Long's of this world but a guy like Jarmon Bushrod or William Beatty are more consistent players.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Why can't or won't we get a LT in this draft?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

We can't get a franchise LT this year in the draft b/c we will be drafting waaaaaaay too late.

DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

We can't get a franchise LT this year in the draft b/c we will be drafting waaaaaaay too late.
Duane Brown, Joe Staley and Nate Solder were all picked at the end of round 1 and all are very good or great LTs. You don't have to go top 10 to be a good LT.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Duane Brown, Joe Staley and Nate Solder were all picked at the end of round 1 and all are very good or great LTs. You don't have to go top 10 to be a good LT.
And for everyone of those guys I can give you an OT reached on in the first b/c of positional value and Solder wasn't picked at the end of round 1, he went at 17. The fact is its rare to find a franchise LT late in round 1, and those guys usually aren't very good initially, Duane Brown was awful his first year. You have a much better chance at finding a good LB at that point in the draft.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 3 of 67

Jump to: