Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
Sounds like Dustin Keller is going to become a FA. I think he's worth a look at the right price.

Definitely an asset in the passing game. Pretty weak blocker though so a lot of how he fits here will depend on what we are looking to do on offense. Fred Davis would be a similar type add although he's also coming off of a serious injury.

I was looking at UFA linebackers in the event 54 entires or leaves and thought Rey Maualuga would be a good get, and I could see him leaving CIN with my guy Vontaze Burfict's emergence.

Man I wish we would have put in a late round flyer on Burfict. He stunk up the whole draft process but his talent was always undeniable.
Maualuga would be a 2 down linebacker here. Definitely wouldn't beat out Roach or Briggs for the spot in the middle. He hasn't been able to cover much of anyone in the past two years.

The only guy who looks like a fit is Daryl Smith, and that would involve moving Roach to the middle full time, which I'd only do until we found the MLB of the future. Smith has at least shown the ability to start and be well above average in a 4-3 in both coverage and the run game.

This is such a terrible year to lose Urlacher if it happens. The draft and FA both suck at MLB.
Gene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely the year to get a FA tight end provided anyone on this list fails to re-sign with his current team:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

Heath Miller would have been on this list, too, but he just shredded all 3 ligaments in his knee.

I can see Cook, Keller, and Gonzalez all being made priority re-signs by their teams. Davis could come available if the Skins decide to go the cheap route and start Logan Paulsen, who has produced ok since Davis went down.

The most likely guy to hit free agency is Delanie Walker. He's got an excellent all-around game and is a plus receiver, but he's stuck behind Vernon Davis so most of his snaps come in 2 TE sets. I could see him bolting from San Fran to be a starter.

Also, Zach Miller is due almost 10 million dollars on a team that keeps him back to block almost every snap. If he's cut, everyone who needs a starting TE will go after him.
Bfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw a couple of articals suggesting the Cowboys might cut Doug Free loose. Might he be the kind of guy to bring in cheap and see if he really wants to play football? I know he was good when he was at NIU and he was apparently something special in 2010 but seems to have lost something the last couple of years. If we are looking at Webb, Scott and Carimi fighting over RT/Swing tackle why not? For cheap of course Wink
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:
I just saw a couple of articals suggesting the Cowboys might cut Doug Free loose. Might he be the kind of guy to bring in cheap and see if he really wants to play football? I know he was good when he was at NIU and he was apparently something special in 2010 but seems to have lost something the last couple of years. If we are looking at Webb, Scott and Carimi fighting over RT/Swing tackle why not? For cheap of course Wink
I mentioned this a while ago. He's be a good pickup to compete with Webb at LT.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine Gonzalez being available. Neutral
dabears32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:
This is definitely the year to get a FA tight end provided anyone on this list fails to re-sign with his current team:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

Heath Miller would have been on this list, too, but he just shredded all 3 ligaments in his knee.

I can see Cook, Keller, and Gonzalez all being made priority re-signs by their teams. Davis could come available if the Skins decide to go the cheap route and start Logan Paulsen, who has produced ok since Davis went down.

The most likely guy to hit free agency is Delanie Walker. He's got an excellent all-around game and is a plus receiver, but he's stuck behind Vernon Davis so most of his snaps come in 2 TE sets. I could see him bolting from San Fran to be a starter.

Also, Zach Miller is due almost 10 million dollars on a team that keeps him back to block almost every snap. If he's cut, everyone who needs a starting TE will go after him.

Me likey Jared Cook. Keller would be solid too.

Really would be nice to still have Greg Olsen, thanks Martz.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
imagine Gonzalez being available. Neutral

If he chooses to keep playing I can't imagine him wanting to leave Atlanta.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Bfan wrote:
Free's not good, he used to be a decent RT, he's not even that anymore. Don't want anything to w/ Free.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Bfan wrote:
Free's not good, he used to be a decent RT, he's not even that anymore. Don't want anything to w/ Free.
He played well at LT. He's been [inappropriate/removed] at RT. He can be worth the risk.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
Gene wrote:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

Greg Olsen or Brandon Hardin? Rolling Eyes

I hate Martz.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
dabears32 wrote:
Gene wrote:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

I hate Martz.

Umm...you do know that the pick we got for Greg Olsen was used to trade for Brandon Marshall right?

Brandon Marshall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greg Olsen

I'd rather have Marshall a million times over Olsen, and no offense to the guy because he is a good player and served a purpose for the team during his time in Chicago. But that doesn't even consider that we don't yet know how good Brandon Hardin is going to be. For all we know he's going to be a solid player for the Bears for years to come.

With that being said I'd say the Olsen trade worked out just fine for the Bears.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
dabears32 wrote:
Gene wrote:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

I hate Martz.

Umm...you do know that the pick we got for Greg Olsen was used to trade for Brandon Marshall right?

I'd rather have Marshall a million times over Olsen, and no offense to the guy because he is a good player and served a purpose for the team during his time in Chicago. But that doesn't even consider that we don't yet know how good Brandon Hardin is going to be. For all we know he's going to be a solid player for the Bears for years to come.

With that being said I'd say the Olsen trade worked out just fine for the Bears.
Yes but that doesn't really matter. We were going to trade for Marshall if we didn't trade Olsen. We just would've given Miami our other 3rd rounder.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
dabears32 wrote:
Gene wrote:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

I hate Martz.

Yes but that doesn't really matter. We were going to trade for Marshall if we didn't trade Olsen. We just would've given Miami our other 3rd rounder.

I think it's a reach to say that. The Bears other 3rd rounder was 7 or so picks after that one, who's to say Miami wouldn't have asked for more in addition to that and that Emery wouldn't have gave in and pulled the trigger?

Also, if Martz were never hired and Jerry Angelo didn't trade Greg Olsen who's to say that the Bears couldn't have been more successful that year and Jerry Angelo was never fired, etc, etc. Everything happens for a reason and is a matter of circumstance.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
dabears32 wrote:
Gene wrote:

Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Dustin Keller
Tony Gonzalez
Delanie Walker

I hate Martz.

I think it's a reach to say that. The Bears other 3rd rounder was 7 or so picks after that one, who's to say Miami wouldn't have asked for more in addition to that and that Emery wouldn't have gave in and pulled the trigger?

Also, if Martz were never hired and Jerry Angelo didn't trade Greg Olsen who's to say that the Bears couldn't have been more successful that year and Jerry Angelo was never fired, etc, etc. Everything happens for a reason and is a matter of circumstance.
Miami wasn't really looking to receive fair value. They were looking to get rid of Marshall. They would've taken the other 3rd.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:

Then what is the point of your Greg Olsen 'what if' complaint?

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 12 of 67

Jump to: