Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John232

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
what I dont understand is that when someone like Dilfer who follows us very close praised alex, everyone said we should listen to him. Now when he says Harbs made the switch because the Niners have to play a perfect game to beat the elite teams in the league (speaking of New england) with Alex and not every game will be perfect and he said with Kap we can make a few mistakes and still pull out a victory. We dont accept it??

It was in harbs we trust, he's the best coach in the league etc etc. Now that he has Kap in there and we are winning, harbs is a jerk, he's b.s. our chances of winning the SB are over etc etc. Sounds like guys are bigger fans of alex than they are of the niners with Kap. I can bet that there would be threads saying alex outplayed Brady, we are unbeatable just like after the saints game. But when Kap outplays both brees and brady some niner "fans" still arent happy

I think it's less a matter of "Alex is better" as the circumstance surrounding everything. Sometimes the Safer option is the better option. But I don't think Harbaugh shares that sentiment and to be frank, most people who go for broke(like a superbowl) in anything they do take massive amounts of risk. Harbaugh decided he was going to do that at QB with Kap. It was cold, but I don't think it makes him a bad person or coach.

Honestly, everyone just needs to let it go. If it's not complaining about Alex being benched(which honestly doesn't happen as much as people make it seem) it's posters complaining about other posters defending Alex. We are literally complaining about nothing.

We're winning. We have a team ready for #6. We have a QB who looks like a potential franchise cornerstone.

Lets just enjoy the ride.

edit: I derp'd on the last sentence.

xsaMainevent on the sig

Last edited by John232 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
sbrown wrote:
what I dont understand is that when someone like Dilfer who follows us very close praised alex, everyone said we should listen to him. Now when he says Harbs made the switch because the Niners have to play a perfect game to beat the elite teams in the league (speaking of New england) with Alex and not every game will be perfect and he said with Kap we can make a few mistakes and still pull out a victory. We dont accept it??

It was in harbs we trust, he's the best coach in the league etc etc. Now that he has Kap in there and we are winning, harbs is a jerk, he's b.s. our chances of winning the SB are over etc etc. Sounds like guys are bigger fans of alex than they are of the niners with Kap. I can bet that there would be threads saying alex outplayed Brady, we are unbeatable just like after the saints game. But when Kap outplays both brees and brady some niner "fans" still arent happy

I think it's less a matter of "Alex is better" as the circumstance surrounding everything. Sometimes the Safer option is the better option. But I don't think Harbaugh shares that sentiment and to be frank, most people who go for broke(like a superbowl) in anything they do take massive amounts of risk. Harbaugh decided he was going to do that at QB with Kap. It was cold, but I don't think it makes him a bad person or coach.

Honestly, everyone just needs to let it go. If it's not complaining about Alex being benched(which honestly doesn't happen as much as people make it seem) it's posters complaining about other posters defending Alex. We are literally complaining about nothing.

We're winning. We have a team ready for #6. We have a QB who likes like a potential franchise cornerstone.

+1 this is a fantastic time to be a 49ers fan, we should all be enjoying our team instead of bickering. Talented team, top 5 head coach and a young QB who is playing well and has a lot of potential. Who's got it better than us? Nobody!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

Been saying this, but it somehow gets translated into "whaaawhhhhaaaawhahhhh!!!!" or "we are definitely doomed" or "Alex has peerrrtty features."

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
John232 wrote:

Been saying this, but it somehow gets translated into "whaaawhhhhaaaawhahhhh!!!!" or "we are definitely doomed" or "Alex has peerrrtty features."

:lol:

lol yeah, people hear what they want to hear and never bother clarifying. Obviously opinions are going to differ, but I don't think we should be foaming at the mouths which for some reason happens WAY too often on this forum.

xsaMainevent on the sig
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
sbrown wrote:

We're winning. We have a team ready for #6. We have a QB who looks like a potential franchise cornerstone.

edit: I derp'd on the last sentence.
yeah we might finally have a franchise qb again. Our team is one people in this site would die to have. We're really lucky guys.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
sbrown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
John232 wrote:
sbrown wrote:

We're winning. We have a team ready for #6. We have a QB who likes like a potential franchise cornerstone.

+1 this is a fantastic time to be a 49ers fan, we should all be enjoying our team instead of bickering. Talented team, top 5 head coach and a young QB who is playing well and has a lot of potential. Who's got it better than us? Nobody!

good posts fellas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.

I think the Alex discussions will die down some when people like you who continues to call Alex a piece of poo even though he is no longer starting for us just enjoy the ride and not relive a past that clearly annoys you so much. Before you start talking again about "letting go" you should look in the mirror.

Alex played well for us this year and we won a lot of games with him as QB. Kap has played well for us this year and we're winning games with him too. The staff apparantly believes that Kap's upside outweighs his lack of experiene. That's enough for me. I'm trusting their judgement - and hoping they are right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ There's people on both sides that's bringing Alex Smith up. Some people moved on ... Some people are still upset. It's just the nature of the beast. I think these little silly Alex debates will go on until he's off the roster.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.

I think the Alex discussions will die down some when people like you who continues to call Alex a piece of poo even though he is no longer starting for us just enjoy the ride and not relive a past that clearly annoys you so much. Before you start talking again about "letting go" you should look in the mirror.

Alex played well for us this year and we won a lot of games with him as QB. Kap has played well for us this year and we're winning games with him too. The staff apparantly believes that Kap's upside outweighs his lack of experiene. That's enough for me. I'm trusting their judgement - and hoping they are right.

It goes both ways. You brought him up in the Kaepernick thread, this was pretty much inviting a poop throwing contest. The sooner both sides stop bringing up Alex in threads that don't have to do with him, the sooner the bickering can somewhat subside.

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Well deserved. When's the last time a QB of ours threw 4 TD passes???

Of course when Alex won Offensive Player of the Week in his last full game you spent some time here continuing to criticize him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

It goes both ways. You brought him up in the Kaepernick thread, this was pretty much inviting a poop throwing contest. The sooner both sides stop bringing up Alex in threads that don't have to do with him, the sooner the bickering can somewhat subside.

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Of course when Alex won Offensive Player of the Week in his last full game you spent some time here continuing to criticize him.

Well, seeing who that 4 TD question came from, it was almost certainly a shot at Alex. You can say I can't prove intention, but come on, we all know it is true.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dude? I was really wondering when the last time that happened. Go ahead and make your assumptions though.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Really dude? I was really wondering when the last time that happened. Go ahead and make your assumptions though.

Do you at least understand, given your usual behaviors, I'd make that assumption? And I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Okay.. back to football. How 'bout 'em QB controversies? Go McElroy!

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Well, seeing who that 4 TD question came from, it was almost certainly a shot at Alex. You can say I can't prove intention, but come on, we all know it is true.

That's an assumption on your end. It looked like a question to me, kind of like when people ask when's the last time we had a 1000 yard receiver or when's the last time our offense put up 500 yards? Just because he doesn't like Alex doesn't mean every single post will have an hidden "cheap shot" in it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

That's an assumption on your end. It looked like a question to me, kind of like when people ask when's the last time we had a 1000 yard receiver or when's the last time our offense put up 500 yards?

You're smart enough to know some questions are loaded and some others aren't. Given history, my assumption was legitimate, I believe, and it is corroborated by others who have made the same assumption. The fact is, no one would make any assumption if not for the extreme bias repeatedly exhibited by certain people.

And again... go McElroy!

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

That's an assumption on your end. It looked like a question to me, kind of like when people ask when's the last time we had a 1000 yard receiver or when's the last time our offense put up 500 yards?

You're smart enough to know some questions are loaded and some others aren't. Given history, my assumption was legitimate, I believe, and it is corroborated by others who have made the same assumption. The fact is, no one would make any assumption if not for the extreme bias repeatedly exhibited by certain people.

And again... go McElroy!

Didn't seem loaded to me at all. Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter and I don't wish to drag it out, so go McElroy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

Jump to: