Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
P-52


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1853
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
oldman9er wrote:


That is crazy talk!


Hope you are right. But we all get gut feelings... and mine is telling me "maybe next year". Can't help but be honest.


so let me get this straight...We insert a better QB and our chances diminish in your eyes??? Confused
_________________


Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1716
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-52 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
oldman9er wrote:


That is crazy talk!


Hope you are right. But we all get gut feelings... and mine is telling me "maybe next year". Can't help but be honest.


so let me get this straight...We insert a better QB and our chances diminish in your eyes??? Confused


I think its the experience that is the main hangup. There's no denying that Kaep is more talented then Alex but Alex has the experience and the veteran status. Its uncommon taking a proven commodity out of commission and inserting an unproven talent with hopes nothing goes wrong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6426
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else find it odd how Alex and Harbaugh's careers were so similar as a player their first few years?

Harbs was considered a 1st round bust his first few years in Chicago, but he was never overly terrible. He went to the Colts in 95, bounced back and was known as Captain Comeback for all his comebacks. Made it to the AFCCG, but came up just short. Sound familiar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
foreveryoung94


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 883
Location: roseville ca
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:


So, I figured you might have went ahead and messed up those statistics, so I started to do them myself when I noticed something interesting...of course the numbers didn't match up until I tweaked them - and found out the only way to match your numbers is by including some really interesting outliers, such as -


Wait what??? I didnt mess up any numbers you are the one that is "Tweaking" them lol I simply am looking at the offensive performance by the team pre and post the third drive of the rams game just as I stated

y2lamanaki wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:
The only way to make your numbers make sense, is to give Alex credit for drives such as the last drive in the first half of the Packers game, which had a Kaepernick 17-yard run, followed by 2 Alex Smith incomplete passes, and a 63-yard David Akers field goal. How in the world do you manage to give that drive to Alex?


Ok lets totally ignore the fact that the real reason that the 63 yarder was attempted was because of the clock we tried two very quick passes to try to advance more but in that situation an quick inc isnt the worst thing in the world. but since you brought it up I checked every scoring drive this season again and I found that 3 times in the 34 scoring drives under Alex in the time frame I set we scored with out a positive yard rushing or passing from Alex for 17 points compared to 2 times for Kaep in his 26 scoring drives for 14 points. The new numbers for points per drive would be A: 2.09 K: 2.04 so under this scenario Alex actually widens the lead by .01 points Smile

y2lamanaki wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:
You can't say you didn't, because I just did the math myself, and the only way to get your numbers is to include that and a few other drives that Kaepernick played a hand in.


Of course I did why wouldnt I? When Alex is the starter Kaep is a weapon that can be used to bolster the diversity of the offense just the same way that Will Tukuafu can bolster the FB position in certain packages... does that make him better to play FB that Miller? no it does not just useful. the production that Kaep had on offense while not being the full time QB does not help your argument that he should be at all, if anything it does the opposite.

y2lamanaki wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:
Let's take it a step further:

David Akers: 14 of 18 field goals under Alex Smith (77.8%), 11 of 17 (64.7%) under Kaepernick (one of the field goals missed in the Giants game came after a 36-yard Kaepernick pass which was the only play of the drive before the half). Seeing as Kaepernick has played less games, the 6 that he missed for Kaepernick is really going to mess up that scoring percentage in a much larger way than it did for Alex.


Dude look Akers hasnt suddenly been worse since Kaep took the helm look at the season #s like this from 0-30 yards 8/8
from 31-45 yards 16/22 3 misses under each QB
from 50+ 1/5 2 misses for each QB


y2lamanaki wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:
And last but not least, I'm going to point you once again to this post:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15246184#15246184


What does this have to do with the price of tea in china?...... believe me I wanted to reply to this post where you quoted me out of context many times and put words in my mouth. But I was busy the week it was posted and later just decided to let it go instead of drudging up an old post just for an argument. Do you really want me to tell you how I feel in detail about that post.... just because I decided not to argue with you on a previous matter does not make any future points invalid.... do you want me to pull a Y2 move and search thru our conversations we have had over the years about Alex that will make me look like a seer and makes you look completely wrong?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9755
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foreveryoung94 wrote:
Of course I did why wouldnt I?


And.............................scene.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
foreveryoung94


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 883
Location: roseville ca
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Seems like winning with Kaep doesn't make some as happy as winning with Alex. Winning is winning to me, and Jim has done nothing to sway me from thinking that he can't win. What ever happened to trusting Jim?
Why would winning make you happy? That's just silly.

But there are Seattle posters who HATE Wilson, they'd rather lose with Flynn than win with Wilson. I just don't understand some people.

But hey, maybe Kaep will get knocked out this Sunday and Smith will come back. That'll make half the posters in here happy their QB is back.


And unfairly make the other half unhappy. As I've pointed out many times, our QBs here have both done incredibly well this year and there's no real statistic one could use that makes one look better than the other. They have both played very well, and I have faith either of them COULD take us all the way. I also harbor the same feeling that either could help cost us a playoff victory, either Alex by not taking chances or Kaepernick by doing so.


I agree with this! my only point is the justification for going with a completely unproven player was he was going to make the offense better. and that has not been the case at all if anything as I have detailed in my previous posts it has slid back even if by the slimmest of margins. it has not increased therefore I think it was the wrong choice for this season. to go with the inexperienced QB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8792
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13181
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.



You spent a lot more time whining over Alex than people have spent whining over his benching. You're welcome to get over it as well.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8794
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.

Referring to posters again?
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39884
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"diplomatic immunity!"
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8792
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
You guys really need to get over the benching of Alex. WE'RE WINNING GAMES WITH KAEP RIGHT NOW!!! Please do us all a favor and follow the team Alex goes to since he is your main reason to follow this team with enthusiasm.



You spent a lot more time whining over Alex than people have spent whining over his benching. You're welcome to get over it as well.
yeah maybe but I still supported the team unlike some here. I dealt with it and wasn't moping around over it. I was actually excited at times.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9215
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post
_________________


Last edited by sbrown on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22668
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
"diplomatic immunity!"


I'm unsure as to why you're screaming this, when you and many others have gotten away without warning multiple times in the past. Y2 and myself have been fair with everyone, so if you have an issue with how this forum is moderated, why don't you bring it up with the webmaster? I've welcomed you to do so multiple times, yet I've received no complaint from him.

To everyone: I'm not going to ask again, keep to it football, if you none of you guys can then I'll lock it up. I don't understand how it's so difficult to not talk about each other. I know you guys are capable of arguing/debating without attacking each other.
_________________


Last edited by SoCalNiner on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9215
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I dont understand is that when someone like Dilfer who follows us very close praised alex, everyone said we should listen to him. Now when he says Harbs made the switch because the Niners have to play a perfect game to beat the elite teams in the league (speaking of New england) with Alex and not every game will be perfect and he said with Kap we can make a few mistakes and still pull out a victory. We dont accept it??

It was in harbs we trust, he's the best coach in the league etc etc. Now that he has Kap in there and we are winning, harbs is a jerk, he's b.s. our chances of winning the SB are over etc etc. Sounds like guys are bigger fans of alex than they are of the niners with Kap. I can bet that there would be threads saying alex outplayed Brady, we are unbeatable just like after the saints game. But when Kap outplays both brees and brady some niner "fans" still arent happy
_________________


Last edited by sbrown on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8792
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's those eyebrows. I can see how some people get hypnotized by them. Laughing
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group