Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst decision ever! I honestly think Alex Smith will take us to the super bowl this year! We all know he doesn't put up WOW stats, but the dude can play and manage the playclock. He's a smart QB, I don't care if he doesn't throw 5 tds or 400 yards in a game, he wins game!!!!! He prove it in every game he played this season. I think any team would've destroyed the saints d, look how poorly they played all year long. I hope Alex Smith wins his job back because the only chance we have is Smith back at the helms! Not a big fan of Colin Kaepernick!
Miami49er

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason he wins games is because of Harbaugh. Let's not get that twisted. In 8 years Harbaugh is the only guy who could make Alex decent qb. There's a reason no one touched him in the offseason because teams around the league know Harbaugh made him. He knows going to a new team will mean a whole new system which will mean he will struggle. He needs Harbaugh A WHOLE LOT MORE than Harbaugh needs him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life wrote:
Worst decision ever! I honestly think Alex Smith will take us to the super bowl this year! We all know he doesn't put up WOW stats, but the dude can play and manage the playclock. He's a smart QB, I don't care if he doesn't throw 5 tds or 400 yards in a game, he wins game!!!!! He prove it in every game he played this season. I think any team would've destroyed the saints d, look how poorly they played all year long. I hope Alex Smith wins his job back because the only chance we have is Smith back at the helms! Not a big fan of Colin Kaepernick!
Every game this year huh? The Seahawks, Vikings, Giants, and Jets game come to mind where I disagree. It was all Alex?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life wrote:

I guess Kaep's long drive that ate up 9 minutes is due to his inability to manage a play clock? Apparently Kaep wins games too 2-0 so far in his young career.

In terms of anyone destroying the Saints defense, the Falcons sure seemed to have issues with them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
49ers4life wrote:

I guess Kaep's long drive that ate up 9 minutes is due to his inability to manage a play clock? Apparently Kaep wins games too 2-0 so far in his young career.

In terms of anyone destroying the Saints defense, the Falcons sure seemed to have issues with them.

Let's revise that record buddy, make that 2-1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
49ers4life wrote:

Let's revise that record buddy, make that 2-1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you look at the date of the post, it was obviously before today. He's still 2-1, and it's a winning record.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
49ers4life wrote:

u are too happy to put that 1 in the loss column guy........whats ur end game? you a seahawk fan?

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a friend of mine put it (who is not a 9ers fan, by the way) when he found out how the 9ers lost: "There is no substitute for experience." Alex would not have made the mistake Kaepernicus did that put the Rams back into that game. I guess the 'hot hand' went a little cold... Sad I still would like to have won that game.

Last edited by Chrissooner49er on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
As a friend of mine put it (who is not an 9ers fan, by the way) when he found out how the 9ers lost: "There is no substitute for experience." Alex would not have made the mistake Kaepernicus did that put the Rams back into that game.

My cop friend who never even liked Alex much sent me a text after the game saying "Alex!Alex!Alex!" and we texted about it for a while. This just feels pretty crappy for me, and it's not even remotely about who was right or wrong. Harbaugh doing what he did just feels... wrong. I hope we win out.. I hope Ck7 is elite one day for us.. I really do. But the timing of this feels.. wrong... and I no longer have that warm and fuzzy SB vision in my head any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
As a friend of mine put it (who is not an 9ers fan, by the way) when he found out how the 9ers lost: "There is no substitute for experience." Alex would not have made the mistake Kaepernicus did that put the Rams back into that game.

My cop friend who never even liked Alex much sent me a text after the game saying "Alex!Alex!Alex!" and we texted about it for a while. This just feels pretty crappy for me, and it's not even remotely about who was right or wrong. Harbaugh doing what he did just feels... wrong. I hope we win out.. I hope Ck7 is elite one day for us.. I really do. But the timing of this feels.. wrong... and I no longer have that warm and fuzzy SB vision in my head any time soon.

While I like Colin a lot, I've been most critical about the timing. Felt wrong to me from the start. Seems like the "hot hand" keeps getting colder. I don't know if that's because of coaching, trying to open up the playbook because of the "new toy" they have, or people have more tape on Kaep now.

I don't know how much authority Colin's been given on the field to change plays, but that 3rd and 3 inside our own 10 should have been changed. The absolute best we could have gotten on that play after reading the defense was 0 yards gained, and most likely would have lost yardage. Which, wouldn't have been the end of the world with Andy Lee on the team, but throw in the bad toss by Kaep and Ginn going all CSI on the football, and we let the Rams back in with 8 points.

In Harbaugh I trust, but I don't feel we're a Superbowl team right now. I think we should've stuck with experience this close to the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

While I like Colin a lot, I've been most critical about the timing. Felt wrong to me from the start. Seems like the "hot hand" keeps getting colder. I don't know if that's because of coaching, trying to open up the playbook because of the "new toy" they have, or people have more tape on Kaep now.

I don't know how much authority Colin's been given on the field to change plays, but that 3rd and 3 inside our own 10 should have been changed. The absolute best we could have gotten on that play after reading the defense was 0 yards gained, and most likely would have lost yardage. Which, wouldn't have been the end of the world with Andy Lee on the team, but throw in the bad toss by Kaep and Ginn going all CSI on the football, and we let the Rams back in with 8 points.

In Harbaugh I trust, but I don't feel we're a Superbowl team right now. I think we should've stuck with experience this close to the playoffs.

A month ago, everybody talked about us as a superbowl team. Now, we have to ponder whether we'll survive Kap's learning curve... very bad timing indeed.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I honestly haven't felt like a Superbowl team since the loss to the Giants. Not to sound cliche, but to be the best you have to beat the best, and we didn't even come close to competing with the Giant's. There's a good chance we'll see them in the NFCCG again, and I'm not so sure the outcome would be different. Many of you are knocking experience, but Alex had none going into last year and he did alright. Kaep seems like a strong individual, and once he gets all the butterflies out, then I think he'll come out and dominate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I honestly haven't felt like a Superbowl team since the loss to the Giants. Not to sound cliche, but to be the best you have to beat the best, and we didn't even come close to competing with the Giant's. There's a good chance we'll see them in the NFCCG again, and I'm not so sure the outcome would be different. Many of you are knocking experience, but Alex had none going into last year and he did alright. Kaep seems like a strong individual, and once he gets all the butterflies out, then I think he'll come out and dominate.

Alex beat the Giants last year, in the regular season. Then, we all agree the Giants didn't deserve to win in the playoffs. We gave them a couple of fumbles that should never have been, and there was the non-fumble on Bradshaw too. That one game against the Giants was terrible. Everything went terribly. The entire team sucked, Alex included. But I still felt like a superbowl team after that game. With Kap, I'm scared of an ill-timed interception in the fourth quarter, or a fumble on a scramble returned for a TD. He might pull it off. But the odds aren't really in his favor.

Some people liked to point out Kap's energy on the sideline and his demeanor, and how he high fived teammates and all.. Did you see his face on the sideline during the 4th quarter? His face said: "Damn, I just lost us that game". He's not ready. If there's one thing Alex has always had, it's mental toughness and an unbreakable character. The kind of character that allowed him to make two TD drives in the last 4 minutes of the saints game. Does Kaepernick have the same kind of character, and is it the right time to find it out?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking 'experience' as a whole, not just play-off experience. Alex had plenty of experience before last year's play-offs. Kaep has 3 and a half games.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Alex beat the Giants last year, in the regular season. Then, we all agree the Giants didn't deserve to win in the playoffs. We gave them a couple of fumbles that should never have been, and there was the non-fumble on Bradshaw too. That one game against the Giants was terrible. Everything went terribly. The entire team sucked, Alex included. But I still felt like a superbowl team after that game. With Kap, I'm scared of an ill-timed interception in the fourth quarter, or a fumble on a scramble returned for a TD. He might pull it off. But the odds aren't really in his favor.

Some people liked to point out Kap's energy on the sideline and his demeanor, and how he high fived teammates and all.. Did you see his face on the sideline during the 4th quarter? His face said: "Damn, I just lost us that game". He's not ready. If there's one thing Alex has always had, it's mental toughness and an unbreakable character. The kind of character that allowed him to make two TD drives in the last 4 minutes of the saints game. Does Kaepernick have the same kind of character, and is it the right time to find it out?

Kap had about the same energy as Alex did during a loss. What did you want him to do? Laugh and joke about it? He had the same demeanor as every QB, besides Tebow, has during a lose. Just stand there and watch the game, there's nothing you can do. I would say Kaep showed some mental toughness bouncing back from that fumble, he drove down the field to get back in firing range to have Walker drop a picture perfect pass.

I agree with you that the timing is off, but we're not head coaches, and it's difficult to question Harbaugh when he's been right for the most part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 18 of 34

Jump to: