Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeebs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: QB Controversy Reply with quote

After 5 quarters of football (currently half-time on MNF), do we have ourselves a legitimate QB controversy?
VD85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season? No...

Smith will remain the starter there's no doubt about it....the 49ers do have an out clause in Smith's contract after this season though, should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD85 wrote:
This season? No...

Smith will remain the starter there's no doubt about it....the 49ers do have an out clause in Smith's contract after this season though, should be interesting.

Are you not watching tonight's game? Kaep is putting on a QB clinic out there.
VD85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
VD85 wrote:
This season? No...

Yes I'm watching a game, Harbaugh has too much confidence in Smith to throw it all away because of one Monday Night Football game....I want Kaep to start, im not hating on what he's doing. I just don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD85 wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
VD85 wrote:
This season? No...

Yes I'm watching a game, Harbaugh has too much confidence in Smith to throw it all away because of one Monday Night Football game....I want Kaep to start, im not hating on what he's doing. I just don't see it happening.

Fair enough.

If nothing else, it will make for some interesting conversation around here this week! Laughing
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex should remain starter after this game, and should remain starter until he proves he should not be by his play on the field

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
alex should remain starter after this game, and should remain starter until he proves he should not be by his play on the field

So allow him to fail in a game while there is potentially someone better on the bench? Just trying to clarify your thoughts.
VD85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
sbrown wrote:

So allow him to fail in a game while there is potentially someone better on the bench? Just trying to clarify your thoughts.

You're already calling for him to fail...Your intentions for making this thread is pretty clear with that comment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD85 wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
sbrown wrote:

You're already calling for him to fail...Your intentions for making this thread is pretty clear with that comment.

I'm not the one who said "until he proves he should not". I was simply trying to clarify the comment.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VD85 wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
sbrown wrote:

Agreed. You can tell. Laughing
The thread was also made at halftime lol.

But idk. Jim has a tough decision on his hands. Good problem though. I think he goes with Alex though. Then the battle begins in the offseason. I think kap wins the job and we keep both on the roster.
I thought Alex would keep the Job another year. But kap balled today.

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No QB controversy. Kaep was great tonight, no doubt about it. But understand that was the very good Kaep; he's still prone to bouts on inaccuracy, and he didn't have that tonight. Also, we have no idea how he would respond to a game on the road, which is, in my opinion, one of the big measures of a QB. Smith is the starter for the rest of the year, but if Kaep gets a little more time to play this year, I could see Alex being cut before his payday next year (i think it's a mistake; i'd keep them both and have an open QB competition next year).

This was one good game. A very impressive showing by a young QB which gets me excited about the years to come. I don't know that it's quite his time though.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this may or may not be the case, but the thought was that Smith was going to play all week; I don't know how the bears practiced, but its possible they gameplanned more for Smith than Kaep. There's not a lot of tape of Kaep right now, so we also don't know how he'll respond when a team game plans specifically for him and has more game film on him. This is conjecture of course, on my part, but just some food for thought.

Last edited by Forge on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
49erjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap just showed he should be in the mix for next year. Now what i'm wondering is, do we still pay alex or has colin showed enough for us to go forward?

Walter Redskins on the sig.
Jeebs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
No QB controversy. Kaep was great tonight, no doubt about it. But understand that was the very good Kaep; he's still prone to bouts on inaccuracy, and he didn't have that tonight. Also, we have no idea how he would respond to a game on the road, which is, in my opinion, one of the big measures of a QB. Smith is the starter for the rest of the year, but if Kaep gets a little more time to play this year, I could see Alex being cut before his payday next year (i think it's a mistake; i'd keep them both and have an open QB competition next year).

This was one good game. A very impressive showing by a young QB which gets me excited about the years to come. I don't know that it's quite his time though.

It will be very interesting to see what happens this week. If Alex needs to sit another week to get the cobwebs worked out, Kaep would be playing one helluva road game in a loud dome. However, it would be against a lesser defense. It will be an interesting week to be sure.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49erjunkie wrote:
Kap just showed he should be in the mix for next year. Now what i'm wondering is, do we still pay alex or has colin showed enough for us to go forward?

From what i understand, combined they make less than what most good starting qbs in the nfl make, so i see no reason not to keep them both. back up qbs are super important to have (as evidenced tonight on the other side of the ball - though in all fairness to campbell, that o-line didn't give him anything to work with). The only justification I can really see for releasing smith is that you don't want the distraction of seeming only partly committed to one, and having the constant back and forth of "qb controversy!" every time one of them has a bad game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: