Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
https://twitter.com/espn_nfcwest/status/270759195744276481

Quote:
Back from 49ers locker room. No one, including Harbaugh, discouraged idea that Kaepernick might have won job. No rain on this parade.

All player post game interviews I've seen tonight (Aldon, crabs, and Vernon) were asked about Kaep and ALL of them got a huge smile on their face as soon as they knew it was about Kaep. They love the guy and are really pulling for him. I know they all still love Alex but its like they were happy to see their little brother play really well. It will be interesting to see how Alex feels about this.

I hope if Alex starts next week that he doesn't let tonight get in his mind and think he needs to do more to prove himself and blow the game.

I've never seen Aldon smile that big when Kap was mentioned. They clearing love him in that locker room, how could you not? He's a true leader and was the first one there whenever someone scored. Imo, he deserves the start, but I'm not sure he gets it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Steve Young and Trent Dilfer had some pretty differing ideas on what Harbaugh's post-game comments meant.

Young: Harbaugh clearly wants Kaepernick to be the guy.

Dilfer: Harbaugh was put on the spot and got stuck.

I lean toward the second one myself with Harbaugh's comments. It's hard to read too much into the comments because Kaepernick did just have a great game and Harbaugh is very praising of his players in conferences and the media. To go one way or the other would put the other guy down which is far from Harbaugh's style. Harbaugh's comments were very much non-commital to anything ('we have two guys with the hot hand') so it sounds to me like his way of not putting down either player, subtly or not.

I agree 100% with sbrown on this: Alex remains the starter until he loses it (this season). You don't lose the job due to injury, especially since Alex was 26 of 28 with his last passes and 4 TDs with no interceptions. It's not like he's been playing poorly lately.

I'm as big a fan of Kaepernick as anyone, but it's still Alex's job for now. However, if Alex has a stretch of mediocre games like earlier in the year, I'm no longer AS convinced that he'll retain the job.

Dilfer and Young were describing Kap's play and it really got me excited. They were commending him for scanning the field calmly and not having panic on his face. Dilfer was talking about Kap's eyes not jumping around like you see on some QB's faces, and I couldn't help but think of Alex when his eyes look like they're in a panic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I know I'm late watching the postgame, but Vernon Davis just lightened up talking about Kaepernick. He said the throw in the 1st Q was something I'm not used to seeing, only for the likes of Brady Shocked . Davis than said he ran the same routes but just doesn't get the ball like he did today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
https://twitter.com/espn_nfcwest/status/270759195744276481

Quote:
Back from 49ers locker room. No one, including Harbaugh, discouraged idea that Kaepernick might have won job. No rain on this parade.

All player post game interviews I've seen tonight (Aldon, crabs, and Vernon) were asked about Kaep and ALL of them got a huge smile on their face as soon as they knew it was about Kaep. They love the guy and are really pulling for him. I know they all still love Alex but its like they were happy to see their little brother play really well. It will be interesting to see how Alex feels about this.

I hope if Alex starts next week that he doesn't let tonight get in his mind and think he needs to do more to prove himself and blow the game.

I've never seen Aldon smile that big when Kap was mentioned. They clearing love him in that locker room, how could you not? He's a true leader and was the first one there whenever someone scored. Imo, he deserves the start, but I'm not sure he gets it.

I really liked seeing that. After crabs scored his td Kaep sprinted over to him to celebrate with him. He was so amped and wanted to be with his teammates. He's going to command that locker room for a long time.[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
OMG, I know I'm late watching the postgame, but Vernon Davis just lightened up talking about Kaepernick. He said the throw in the 1st Q was something I'm not used to seeing, only for the likes of Brady Shocked . Davis than said he ran the same routes but just doesn't get the ball like he did today.

Way to be subtle Vernon haha
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

tbh, best argument that CK has over Smith to get the job is the locker room being behind him. Team morale is a huge factor that is usually ignored by most people. Motivation can be huge for a team that is used to being really good... avoid complacency, etc.

and the team did look more fired up, especially on D, than they have most of this season. At least to me...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it is the same, but a little similar to Montana and Young Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Kap to start....I would take the bad with the good, if only for the sake of having more explosion on offense and a more exciting game in general.

He gets the ball down the field. And he opens up the playbook.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
I want Kap to start....I would take the bad with the good, if only for the sake of having more explosion on offense and a more exciting game in general.

What's scary is that they probably limited the playbook for Kaep today, he just did so much with what he had.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

What's scary is that they probably limited the playbook for Kaep today, he just did so much with what he had.

We weren't even that skewed towards the pass today. It was very balanced overall. The main reason our pass game looked more explosive today was not because of extra attempts, but we did more the same number of attempts. More deep passes. I don't think Alex makes those deep plays to VD or Williams, or that TD to Crabs. I also think he takes a few more sacks than Kaep, who escaped a few and took incompletions instead. Kaep had 2 big plays with YAC (Crabtree 20 yarder, Manningham 37 yarder) but otherwise he really took a lot of deep shots, and they were some beautiful passes too.

Kaep also did a solid job going through his reads, not bailing on plays to make a run, and he read the defense well and called some good audibles. He also spread the ball evenly and plenty of receivers and runners made plays today. And it can't be understated that he had a 133.1 QBR against a defense that was giving up an average of 57 QBR.

Kaep really played well today. Very excited to see how he does the next time he plays, whether its the Saints or another week.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Poster4613

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

Did the playbook limited to you? Gruden was raving about all the different looks we gave them today.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

Did the playbook limited to you? Gruden was raving about all the different looks we gave them today.

What does Gruden not rave about? In terms of the playbook, I don't think we used everything we had. You would think that they'd want to bring up Kap slowly and not have him try and absorb everything right away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

What does Gruden not rave about? In terms of the playbook, I don't think we used everything we had. You would think that they'd want to bring up Kap slowly and not have him try and absorb everything right away.

I agree. But when you take into account the plays that he will make downfield, and/or with his legs if he needs to, you have even more variations available to play with over time. Not things that we should rely-on at all, but you don't need to put in the back-up anymore to run a pistol or wildcat formation once-in-awhile.
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we spent a 2nd round pick on him I have really been wanting to see what Kaep can do. He really impressed today and even more so by doing it against a Bears defense that has just been embarrassing opposing offenses all year long.

Even so, I expect Alex to still be the guy this season. I fully hope that Kaep will be the guy next season. It will be his 3rd year in the offense and the locker room seems to love him. He should be fully ready to take this team over and lead them going forward.
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

On another thread a poster mentioned ( implying a negative to Kamps play) that Crabs disappeared in the second half. I answered that it's only that with Kamp at QB other players other than Crabs were involved in the offense unlike with Alex who likes the short crossing patterns that Crabs runs. Kamp because of his superior arm utilizes the whole field and all the receivers. That makes the 49'rs more potent offensively. What is obvious is that Davis has disappeared from the offense for some time now. Davis's strength is his speed which allows him to get open against the slower LB who usually cover tight ends. This requires longer routes than Alex is comfortable in throwing. Alex's passing limitations have been hidden by his short passing game efficiency rating.

There has also been a mention about players gearing game plans against QB's. Alex has a number of limitations so it is far easier to game plan against him than Kamp. The greater the skill level the harder it is to game plan. I remember when the change was make from Steve Deburg to Joe Montana. I liked Deburg but walsh saw the potential in Montana. This situation is not like Montana/Young but more like Deburg/Montana. I always thought Deburg was a pretty good QB but he was no Joe Montana. I also think Alex is a pretty good QB but he isn't a C. Kampernick. Yes Scampernick can be that good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34

Jump to: