Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Carolina Panthers Starting Roster and Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about these ideas for possible Head Coaches?

If Chicago crumbles, there's a lot of talk of Lovie Smith getting shown the door. Personally I think they'd be crazy to get rid of him, so I'd be totally cool with him coming to Carolina.

What about Mike Zimmer? He's been a potential head coaching candidate for a few years now and he has put together a pretty damn good defense in Cincinatti for a few years now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

What about Mike Zimmer? He's been a potential head coaching candidate for a few years now and he has put together a pretty damn good defense in Cincinatti for a few years now.

Mike Zimmer is the top of my list right now. He's done a lot with a defense to not have a single 1st round draft pick starting for his front 7.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way we could keep Chud and the same offense but hire a new HC? Not that I love Chud, but I think continuity would be good for Cam at this point and Chud seems to have fixed his own problems (by running the option less). If we just hired a different, better defensive guy as HC but kept the offense exactly the same, we could see some pretty quick improvement with little adjustment period.
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marschmellow wrote:
Is there any way we could keep Chud and the same offense but hire a new HC? Not that I love Chud, but I think continuity would be good for Cam at this point and Chud seems to have fixed his own problems (by running the option less). If we just hired a different, better defensive guy as HC but kept the offense exactly the same, we could see some pretty quick improvement with little adjustment period.

It could happen, but unlikely. He could be kept as a QB coach, but a new coach will want to bring in someone he's familiar with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
What about these ideas for possible Head Coaches?

If Chicago crumbles, there's a lot of talk of Lovie Smith getting shown the door. Personally I think they'd be crazy to get rid of him, so I'd be totally cool with him coming to Carolina.

Lovie kinda sucks..people complain cos Rivera stands around like a bump on a log....see Lovie Smith
haggis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Mike Zimmer is the top of my list right now. He's done a lot with a defense to not have a single 1st round draft pick starting for his front 7.

No more DC as head coaches here...Rivera should be the last straw
haggis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
NO ANDY REID. Seriously he's the last person I would want to coach this team.

I like the ideas here. I think that a lot of us are underestimating how much cap room we'll have after we shed some baggage. Getting rid of Williams/Beason alone will help, and there are many more players that can be cut.

If he's on the board, I think Star Lotueli is the clear cut pick. I'd like to sign a big name WR as well.

There is norway we will get him, I have a bad feeling we are going to beat the Chiefs next week too, than a couple more wins.. we'll be lucky yo have a top 7 pick. Crying or Very sad

Maybe we can Finland with Reid instead
haggis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Taking Manti Teo is pointless. If we were to switch to a 3-4 we have the personel on the team right now to handle the linebacker spots (Anderson-Kuechly-Beason-Davis (maybe Applewhite if he is a better fit). We need help at safety to solidify our secondary. We need a stud DT (Star) to solidfy the front line. We need a RT to solidify our O-line. If we can do these three things (either through FA or the draft) then we will be a much improved team next year on paper. Add a new coach who knows how to cater an offense to the strengths of players then we can be very very successful.

Taking Kuechly last year was kinda pointless as well considering they signed and planned to have Beason, Davis and Anderson back healthy and had glaring needs at CB and DT instead..

Kuechly turned out fine.

Honestly Davis is due a HUGE bonus next offseason and they wont pay him the 7-8m so he will be cut and maybe resigned.

Beason may also be a cap casualty soooo...Te'o is a beast and would be a fine pick IMO
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cut Beason, it wouldn't be a cap casualty. It'd be a cap nightmare for us.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BFeldmanCBS
Of all the speculation abt Chip Kelly to the NFL after this YR, the rumor abt the Panthers interest in him is most interesting

Carolina showing interest in Chip?

Feldmen is a very reliable CFB reporter. Would you guys be against this move?

Sig bet
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@BFeldmanCBS
Of all the speculation abt Chip Kelly to the NFL after this YR, the rumor abt the Panthers interest in him is most interesting

I feel like getting rid of Rivera would be counter productive against the progress that is being made. Unless we brought in a better coach. I'm still skeptical, but he has an awfully good track record.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@BFeldmanCBS

I have Chip Kelly rated #2 on my wish list.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Taking Manti Teo is pointless. If we were to switch to a 3-4 we have the personel on the team right now to handle the linebacker spots (Anderson-Kuechly-Beason-Davis (maybe Applewhite if he is a better fit). We need help at safety to solidify our secondary. We need a stud DT (Star) to solidfy the front line. We need a RT to solidify our O-line. If we can do these three things (either through FA or the draft) then we will be a much improved team next year on paper. Add a new coach who knows how to cater an offense to the strengths of players then we can be very very successful.

Taking Kuechly last year was kinda pointless as well considering they signed and planned to have Beason, Davis and Anderson back healthy and had glaring needs at CB and DT instead..

Kuechly turned out fine.

Honestly Davis is due a HUGE bonus next offseason and they wont pay him the 7-8m so he will be cut and maybe resigned.

Beason may also be a cap casualty soooo...Te'o is a beast and would be a fine pick IMO

We have Kuechly. We don't need to add another MLB, especially with a first round pick. I think we are out of the Te'o sweepstakes anyway with our draft position.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@BFeldmanCBS

I wouldn't be too much stock in it personally. We don't even have a general manager yet.

But if I would be against the move? I've become more and more comfortable with the idea of Chip Kelly as a head coach in the NFL. Just not exactly sure he'd be my IDEAL candidate. But I'd support it.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Moody

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think about Rivera's chances right now. I can buy arguments for and against. What he's done with the defense is a big reason to keep him. The bad parts were when they were crumbling in every 4th quarter. They've had some good wins to shake that "here it goes again" mentality.

If he wins out, I think he keeps his job and it comes with a ton of pressure to start fast next season. Statistically, this team is performing well enough to have a winning record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: