Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Mock Draft/offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: My Mock Draft/offseason Reply with quote

My mock offseason:

Key players Resigned

Danny Amendola
Bradley Flethcher
Rocky McIntosh
Rob Turner

Major Cuts

Wayne Hunter – played well when he started but just too big of a cap hit for a third tackle.
Quintin Mikell

Free Agent Signings

Dwayne Bowe – #1 Wide Receiver the Rams need. Has good speed, size, and can play day one. Bradford won’t have to wait for him to adjust to playing at the NFL level like he would with a rookie. Bradford needs go to targets now, not 2-3 years from now. He’ll draw top corners off of Danny and be a great target for Bradford.

Draft

Trade Pick #7 to later 1st rounder for an extra 2nd round pick. Someone moves up to get top talent that slipped to our pick.

Pick #13 (from Redskins) – OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan.
Major improvement over Richardson at RT this year. He has a mean streak and would fit nicely next to Harvey Dahl.

Pick #16 – WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee.
Freak athlete that will make big impact on special teams KR and PR while he improves as a Wide receiver.

2nd Round Pick – TE Zach Ertz, Stanford.
Has good hands and body control. Not the fastest but is a good blocker. Pro-typical size of NFL tight-ends. He played great against Oregon last week.

2nd Round Pick – SS Robert Lester, Alabama.
Second best Strong Safety in the draft class and a major upgrade over Craig Dahl. His stock at this time has fallen some but has size and speed to succeed in NFL. His size will also help in coverage against huge tight-ends in NFL.

3rd Round Pick – OLB Gerald Hodges, Penn State.
Will come in and compete for one of OLB starting jobs and provide good depth.

4th Round Pick – FB Trey Millard, Oklahoma.
Good blocking fullback that has some potential as a receiver and runner.

5th Round Pick – OT Kyle Long, Oregon.
Chris Long’s brother, It only makes sense to draft him right?

6th Round Pick – DE David Bass, Missouri Western State.
Homer pick but I really like his athleticism. He is a good pass rusher. Would need to be developed coming from a division 2 school.

7th Round Pick – CB Nigel Malone, Kansas State.
He has decent hands and is aggressive in trying to make interceptions. Could easily be a miss.

Not sure if I any of the players I picked going too late in the draft. Let me know if I a certain pick doesn’t seem realistic.

Depth Chart (starters and some backups)

QB – Bradford, Davis
HB – Jackson, Richardson, Pead
FB – Millard
TE – Kendricks, Ertz
WR – Bowe, Amendola, Quick, Givens, Patterson
LT – Saffold, Barksdale
LG – Turner, Smith
C – Wells
RG – Dahl, Watkins
RT – Lewan

DE – Quinn, Sims
DT – Brockers, Conrath
DT – Langford
DE – Long
WLB – Dunbar or Hodges
MLB – Laurinaitis
SLB – McIntosh or Hodges
CB1 – Finnegan
CB2 – Jenkins, Fletcher, Malone
SS – Lester, Stewart, Pointer
FS – Trumaine Johnson, McLeod

KR/PR – Patterson
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of TE in the 2nd, if it isn't an offensive threat no point in picking up another blocking TE. We have Kendricks who is doing a hell of a job. If we pick a TE it's to explode up the middle and cause mismatches on defenses.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
Not a fan of TE in the 2nd, if it isn't an offensive threat no point in picking up another blocking TE. We have Kendricks who is doing a hell of a job. If we pick a TE it's to explode up the middle and cause mismatches on defenses.

He doesn't have Jimmy Graham speed, but he'll probably run a 40 time in the 4.7 range. He could end up being faster than Tyler Eifert. He would be a mismatch against a linebacker with his size and weight. He can has great hands and catches everything thrown to him. He can block on top of that. Reminds me a bit of Jason Witten.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:

He doesn't have Jimmy Graham speed, but he'll probably run a 40 time in the 4.7 range. He could end up being faster than Tyler Eifert. He would be a mismatch against a linebacker with his size and weight. He can has great hands and catches everything thrown to him. He can block on top of that. Reminds me a bit of Jason Witten.

I think he'll run a 4.55 to 4.62 40. He has speed and can separate while playing WR. But he doesn't get into and come out of breaks well at all.

Wr80 wrote:

Ertz is about the opposite of a blocking TE. He plays WR in Stanford's offense like 40% to 50% of the time at least.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only TE i would be interested in 2nd round or higher would be Eifert.

There are other good receiving TE options in the later rounds.

I love the idea of a guy like Toilolo out of Stanford at 6'8" but he isnt even good considering what he should be.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
The only TE i would be interested in 2nd round or higher would be Eifert.

There are other good receiving TE options in the later rounds.

I love the idea of a guy like Toilolo out of Stanford at 6'8" but he isnt even good considering what he should be.

As it stands right now, I don't think I'd take a TE that early either ways but if I were, Ertz and Eifert are rated pretty closely to me.

Give me Jordan Reed or Gavin Escobar in the mid rounds.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ertz as much as Fleener as a prospect. Fleener had a great QB in college throwing to him too. Ertz was the offense in that Oregon game for Stanford.

Either way we need different weapons for Bradford. Excluding Amendola, what we have disappears during games at times (Gibson, Pettis, and Steve Smith if/when he plays). Quick and Givens are rookies and hopefully will develop.

Vincent Jackson isn't the best receiver in the league but he has sure helped Freeman. If we were to get Bowe, a veteran, with Patterson and Ertz, the offense would be a lot more explosive in my opinion.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I like Ertz as much as Fleener as a prospect. Fleener had a great QB in college throwing to him too. Ertz was the offense in that Oregon game for Stanford.

Either way we need different weapons for Bradford. Excluding Amendola, what we have disappears during games at times (Gibson, Pettis, and Steve Smith if/when he plays). Quick and Givens are rookies and hopefully will develop.

Vincent Jackson isn't the best receiver in the league but he has sure helped Freeman. If we were to get Bowe, a veteran, with Patterson and Ertz, the offense would be a lot more explosive in my opinion.

Personally, I think 16 is a bit high on Patterson. At that point, I'd rather target Hunter or TW(assuming Allen is gone).

But if we grab Bowe, I'm not really sold on going WR Round 1.

ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you never say I am not drafting a position because I am waiting till next year. Having said that, if we neglect TE this year and grab ASJ next year I would be ecstatic.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with jrry on this one, if we sign Bowe to a big contract, there is little chance we go WR with a mid first rounder, in addition to having gone high last year. With Bowe, I think our WR core is getting very nice. Also think thats too high for Patterson at this point.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:

I think he'll run a 4.55 to 4.62 40. He has speed and can separate while playing WR. But he doesn't get into and come out of breaks well at all.

Wr80 wrote:

Ertz is about the opposite of a blocking TE. He plays WR in Stanford's offense like 40% to 50% of the time at least.

Good deal, I haven't really watched him that much. But a nice threat in the middle from a TE would be amazing.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Gotta agree with jrry on this one, if we sign Bowe to a big contract, there is little chance we go WR with a mid first rounder, in addition to having gone high last year. With Bowe, I think our WR core is getting very nice. Also think thats too high for Patterson at this point.

Probably a bit of a reach for him, he'll probably go later in the first round if the draft were today. I just really like he versatility on special teams and how he would be a weapon on offense in my opinion. He is the type of player that Bradford would just have to get the ball to in space and he turn them into big plays making a guy miss.

This mock probably isn't realistic of Fisher's draft tendencies/philosophy (RT in first round) but I think Richardson and some of the WRs aren't cutting it and this was how I would try to fix it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: